• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which playable characters do you think are unfit for Smash? Why?

BlackSheepOfSmash

Smash Rookie
What's happening with you, guys? I'm just wanting to know which kinds of playable characters, including from Mario to Sora, you guys think are unfit for Smash, including from the original to Ultimate? Why? Please let me know, thanks.;)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I don't really think there's such a thing as "Unfit" for Smash, the series has a lot of different tones represented. There's certainly characters who including would be in bad taste (something like Monika), but nothing that would feel out of place.

The closest I can really think of is Lucas, there's nothing offensive about his inclusion (as opposed to a certain other two characters from his game, who absolutely should not be in Smash) and I wouldn't want him cut unless Smash shed a majority of it's first parties, but it's a little bit awkward to have a character from a game that's entire message is basically "capitalism is fascism" in a game that's entire modern identity is relative to how much it hypes up it's commercials and how many soulless corporations are taking part in it.

Bayonetta and Pythra's inclusion also feels really awkward in execution - they should've censored them way harder TBH, it felt like they were only censoring them for the ratings board and not for the sake of actually making the game appropriate for its demographic.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I don't think anyone on the roster is really "unfit" for Smash. There's characters I don't really like, like RosaLuma and Pythra, but I still think they fit the tone of Smash even if I dislike them. The closest to "unfit" is Mr. Game & Watch, but even then it's the best kind of unfit that they managed to make work pretty well.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Definitely Kirby. How he even holds items without fingers?

Sakurai bias, I tell you.

Bayonetta and Pythra's inclusion also feels really awkward in execution - they should've censored them way harder TBH, it felt like they were only censoring them for the ratings board and not for the sake of actually making the game appropriate for its demographic.
I don't think any children are going to be scarred for life because they saw a grown woman's back or hips in a video game.

Last edited:

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

the best answer i have is pacman.

his whole person designed to be in honor of other games.

the honoring couldve been done elsewhere.

theres a way to do it. but it feels like they just stacked him up with galaga and everything and stuff. and hes directly from a like universe.

Aligo

Smash Ace
Definitely Kirby. How he even holds items without fingers?

Sakurai bias, I tell you.

I don't think any children are going to be scarred for life because they saw a grown woman's back or hips in a video game.
Meanwhile shulk is hanging out in nothing but swimming trunks and slippers and no one bats an eye.

Veca Gorebyss

Smash Journeyman

no honey thats true but i reckon they probably be scarre–. never mind. haha.

aligo. it's. air-go. probably not the apbra-pbriate view one should be looking for.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dashyoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fluttershy230
3DS FC
2578-4278-5682
Honestly, I think Steve unfit in smash. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to throw some new characters from different series but the way I see it, I think Steve shouldn't have been selected since I see him useless.

2nd: Wolf, I like Wolf and all but we already got Fox and Falco. We don't need another Starfox character since he pretty much does the same moves as them

3rd: Jigglypuff, unless moves except the slap

UserKev

Smash Champion
Let's be blunt, it all depends on personal comfort. In my opinion, characters with essentially complex and dominating play styles are unfitting.

I find Joker and Hero the most "In your face" additions for example that I find repulsive due to their morally unfriendly play style.

Aligo

Smash Ace
Let's be blunt, it all depends on personal comfort. In my opinion, characters with essentially complex and dominating play styles are unfitting.

I find Joker and Hero the most "In your face" additions for example that I find repulsive due to their morally unfriendly play style.
I can understand hero having issues with language barriers and general randomness but may I ask why you find joker problematic? (also surprised at no mention of sonic, Steve, Mac and Kaz in terms of morally unfriendly playstyles)

UserKev

Smash Champion
I can understand hero having issues with language barriers and general randomness but may I ask why you find joker problematic? (also surprised at no mention of sonic, Steve, Mac and Kaz in terms of morally unfriendly playstyles)
Not what I'm saying. Hero's language barrier is redundant to his incredibly dominating play style. Hero and Joker are the examples I listed. But more specifically, no doubt. Sonic's play style is annoying, but not really complex, but rely on very close range. Morally different things. Mac isn't complex. He's just bad air wise.

Top Bottom