• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which past stage is the best canidate for DLC?

Which of these stages would be the best DLC addition?

• Dream Land 64

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Hyrule Castle

Votes: 40 33.9%
  • Fountain of Dreams

Votes: 70 59.3%
  • Yoshi's Story

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Fourside

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Mute City (Melee)

Votes: 19 16.1%
  • Summit

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Pirate Ship

Votes: 39 33.1%

• Total voters

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
I just gathered all my favorite stages from past games, and brought them all here. If you don't see your favorite stage, or are mad at my choices, sorry in advance.

Well, let's see your opinion.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Call me competitively-obsessive, but I just love Yoshi's Story, Dream Land, and Fountain of Dreams. ;;

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
I'd like Fountain of Dreams and Fourside back, out of the ones you said. Personally, I'd like Metal Cavern the most.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Out of the ones mentioned: FoD, Pirate Ship, and Yoshi's Story.

Out of everything else: Poke Floats, Rainbow Cruise, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar Depths, Big Blue, and Saffron City.

AUS

Smash Cadet
Personally I want FoD back, however I might be biased since I'm a Melee Sheik main making love that stage so much.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
So, as a question to everyone here. If you could pick 3 stages from each Smash game to bring back for a new one, and it could have any improvements needed to make it a competitively viable stage, which would you want? Don't have to list how you'd change it, but go ahead if you wanna. This doesn't include BF and FD.

For me personally it's:
Dream Land, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville, Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Yoshi's Island 2 (I'm breaking the rule with having 4 but I have a tough time picking 3 here)
Prism Tower, Tomodachi Life (GET RID OF THE THIRD PLAT AND MAKE THE OTHER TWO SHORTER THAN THE BASE!)
Town & City, Skyloft, Wuhu Island

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Pirate Ship. I don't see any point in bringing back the swimming mechanic if you don't have any stage that uses it extensively. Plus, it would have gone well with the release of WWHD.

Also, Big Blue. I love that place.

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
So, as a question to everyone here. If you could pick 3 stages from each Smash game to bring back for a new one, and it could have any improvements needed to make it a competitively viable stage, which would you want? Don't have to list how you'd change it, but go ahead if you wanna.
I'll give my input on this.

SSB: Planet Zebes, Hyrule Castle, Dream Land.
SSBM: Brinstar Depths, Yoshi's Story, Princess Peach's Castle.
SSBB: Shadow Moses, Summit, Norfair.
SSB43D: Spirit Train, Magicant, Balloon Fight
SSB4U: Garden of Hope, Boxing Ring, Pilotwings.

Now then, for everyone else, I have to say that if any of these stages ARE added, they need graphics updated. I mean, N64 Dream Land looks odd in Melee. And N64 Kongo Jungle looks odd in SSB4.

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
Corneria for Wii U. Don't understand why it's on 3DS and not Wii U. It's one of the most popular stages of all time, and has been in every smash game to date except for Wii U. Just another decision that makes absolutely no sense by Sakurai.

G_Shaw22

Smash Rookie
NNID
G_Shaw22
3DS FC
0104-1470-8406
Either Hyrule Castle or FoD.
Personally I'd like to see Corneria back on Wii U.
I think smash 4 needs a few more stages WITHOUT hazards/Bosses..
I've gotten to the point where I just leave online matches when I see Wily Castle, Pyrosphere, or Gaur Plains.. Or I'll just play for glory for a bit.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Can DLC actually patch 75m with Fountain Of Dreams? Please? Thanks.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I would vote for Fountain of Dreams, but I don't want more Sakurai bias.
I want things from the new Kirby games.

I vote for Fourside.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, Pirate Ship! This needs to get the Wind Waker HD - overhaul! I can already imagine how fantastic the lighting would look on this stage. But by the way: Do you think they'll shift all the WW songs from Skyloft over to Pirate Ship? And Song Of Storms from Temple as well?

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, Pirate Ship! This needs to get the Wind Waker HD - overhaul! I can already imagine how fantastic the lighting would look on this stage. But by the way: Do you think they'll shift all the WW songs from Skyloft over to Pirate Ship? And Song Of Storms from Temple as well?
I think so... That is what probably going to happen with the Miiverse stage.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Of those, I'd vote Fountain for the competitive options it gives, and Fourside and Mute City because they're fun.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Out of all stages i feel like PS1 has the best chances since it would fit well with the Mewtwo DLC. But personally i would like Yoshi's Story the most.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I think Shadow Moses Island should be added as a DLC stage. However, going off of the list in the voting section, I'd want Fountain of Dreams and Dream Land 64.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Ain't a bad one on that list. Except Summit; that stage is the worst. If I had to go with one, it'd be Fourside, both for more EarthBound representation and because it's a pretty unique stage layout compared to some of the others. FoD, DL64 and HC64 are all great as well.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Every stage from 64 smash

Except the star fox stage (The corneria stage in 3ds is pretty much that.)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, and Yoshi's Story. I love me some Melee and those stages would be added to the competitive stage list. Win/win.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Pirate Ship
which appears in a new trailer to house Gangplank Galleon music and SURPRISE IT'S KING K ROOL
think about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
I'm at a loss as to why FoD isn't in the game. Perfect stage.

GuiltyBadguy

Smash Cadet
I think that the Pirate Ship would be the most realistic choice for DLC, as Wind Waker has an HD remake for the Wii U. Though, I would love Fourside, Yoshi's Story and Mute City to return as well.

The beta stage from Melee

:troll:
Ha ha!

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
So, as a question to everyone here. If you could pick 3 stages from each Smash game to bring back for a new one, and it could have any improvements needed to make it a competitively viable stage, which would you want? Don't have to list how you'd change it, but go ahead if you wanna. This doesn't include BF and FD.
Hm.

64: Dream Land, Hyrule Castle, Peach's Castle
Melee: Fountain of Dreams, Poke Floats, Yoshi's Story
Brawl: Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Frigate Orpheon
3DS: Magicant, Gerudo Valley, Prism Tower
Wii U: Skyloft, Mario Galaxy, Orbital Gate Assault

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
I never really cared for their competitive value, I just loved the music on Dream Land and FoD, and it was sad that they were not in SSB4 (altough Halbred is, which is cool).
Also, Brinstar Depths, Fourside and Pirate Ship were awesome.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
From the list definitely Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story, Hyrule Castle, and Mute City.

As for my 3 from each game:

N64: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City, Planet Zebes
Melee: Princess Peach's Castle, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Floats
Brawl: uhhh honestly they were all in Smash Wii U, but if we're going just in general then Delfino Plaza, Norfair and Smashville

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Hi, please stop bumping threads that don't need to be bumped. I created a thread that has no replies, and useless threads like this are burying it. Please stop!

Top Bottom