• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which of these taunts are the most annoying?

Which of these taunts are the most annoying?

• Total voters

Logback43

Smash Rookie
I voted Peach's because she genuinely looks and sounds like she's trying to annoy the sh*t out of you (And boy, does she succeed...)

I also voted Palutena's side taunt because that laugh she does is just so condescending and taunting. I don't even mind Duck Hunt's much, but Palu's makes me want to punch her.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Do people really find Lucina's taunt that annoying?
I've said this in the past but I find them annoying due to them being out of character more than anything. I don't find the taunts themselves annoying.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
:4duckhunt:'s for sure, but I think it is not so much annoying as it is amusing. Aside from that, no amount of taunting breaks my spirit.

DomeHouse

Smash Rookie
:4palutena: grinds my gears with her pole spinning one. Like someone else mentioned, the laugh is just so annoying and taunty, it's frustrating. I have a friend who's very good with Palu, but she always taunts me with the pole spin after kills because she knows how much it gets on my nerves lol.

I also wanna add that the one victory pose where she says "Too bad for you!" annoys me too, and kind of feels like a taunt.

Last edited:

Xandra

Smash Cadet
NNID
xandrasmash
I don't really find any of these that annoying tbh, my pick was going to be Ness's "OKAY!" but it wasn't on here... so, uh, I guess if I were to pick one off of this list it would have to be Duck Hunt laughing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Without a doubt :4peach:'s and :4palutena:'s side taunts. Do I even need to goddamn explain?

I find :4duckhunt:'s laughing taunt adorable though.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
Even though Peach's Lalalala taunt can be considered irritating, I still think it's the funniest of the bunch. It really captures what a taunt is suppose to do, really put down the salt and annoyance on people. Plus it's funny. I also love Rosa's "Mhm" taunt. And as a Zelda main the wave taunt is fabulous. It's perfect for just salting your opponents. (Even though I don't taunt very often)

But overall I can see all of them being annoying. (even to myself) but I think they can be funny if used right.

Last edited:

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
Even though Peach's Lalalala taunt can be considered irritating, I still think it's the funniest of the bunch. It really captures what a taunt is suppose to do, really put down the salt and annoyance on people.
Agreeeeeeeed. As a Peach main I love frustrating weak minded opponents by throwing out a few "Lalalala LaaaLaaa!"s. When you start throwing out random smashes or approach carelessly, I know my taunts have worked ;)

Last edited:

Alpha Princess365

Smash Rookie
I think :4zelda: :4bayonetta: and :rosalina: have the most insufferable taunts in Smash 4. Let's quickly get :4zelda:out of the way. I already hate this character, but really her taunts would just be the most humiliating thing. it basically signifies the fact you lost to her and anyone who loses to :4zelda:under any circumstance is underwhelming! it's such a shame to be subjected to it, thankfully I've only seen it in videos and never in matches.

As for :4bayonetta:and :rosalina:they can fall off a cliff. Now hear me out, I can't blame the player, after all they play to win (which is the name of the game) but objectively as characters their taunts are just salt to a huge gaping wound. considering :4bayonetta:is a auto-win and her irritating, Witch time/Twist it just adds more to the player than they already have. and :rosalina:is obnoxious as well the same thing applies to her as well. (especially if the already infamous Luna is next to her doing it)

Agreeeeeeeed. As a Peach main I love frustrating weak minded opponents by throwing out a few "Lalalala LaaaLaaa!"s. When you start throwing out random smashes or approach carelessly, I know my taunts have worked ;)
I agree. As a fellow Peach main myself, I agree her taunt is fun to abuse on reckless players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aphistemi

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterOfTheToots
Hmmm... I don't really find any taunt annoying really. I only find toxic players annoying, who are directly insulting me over a game.

otherwise nothing really bothers me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably Peach and Wario IMO. Haven't fought enough Bayonetta to have an opinion on her. I'm glad they nerfed Sonic for this game.

I think :4zelda: :4bayonetta: and :rosalina: have the most insufferable taunts in Smash 4. Let's quickly get :4zelda:out of the way. I already hate this character, but really her taunts would just be the most humiliating thing. it basically signifies the fact you lost to her and anyone who loses to :4zelda:under any circumstance is underwhelming! it's such a shame to be subjected to it, thankfully I've only seen it in videos and never in matches.

As for :4bayonetta:and :rosalina:they can fall off a cliff. Now hear me out, I can't blame the player, after all they play to win (which is the name of the game) but objectively as characters their taunts are just salt to a huge gaping wound. considering :4bayonetta:is a auto-win and her irritating, Witch time/Twist it just adds more to the player than they already have. and :rosalina:is obnoxious as well the same thing applies to her as well. (especially if the already infamous Luna is next to her doing it)

I agree. As a fellow Peach main myself, I agree her taunt is fun to abuse on reckless players.
Please be careful not to double post.

Snooper

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised that :4zss: up taunt doesn't have more votes. She's already annoying AF to actually hit, so when she has the nerve to humiliate me with that "Is that all???" taunt when I die, it's really infuriating.
You might as well be saying "u mad bro?" if you're taunting an already enraged opponent.

Last edited:

FlyingWarrior

Smash Rookie
I'm surprised that :4zss: up taunt doesn't have more votes. She's already annoying AF to actually hit, so when she has the nerve to humiliate me with that "Is that all???" taunt when I die, it's really infuriating.
Damn, a while ago I fought a really annoying ZSS who kept using flip kicks and moving around so quick, I couldn't catch her at all. She also did that taunt between stocks which really irritated me...

TheOneDude

Smash Rookie
Peach's side one because you have to watch her dance over your death as she taunts you with that infuriating little tune...

Bayonetta because she's taunting you in literally everything she does (Her dances, her walk, her crouch, even her idle animation)

Palutena's pole taunt is annoying for the same reasons as Peach. You have to watch her spin round her pole tauntingly as she laughs at you in a condescending manner, really trying to put you on tilt (Which she usually succeeds in). Most annoying out of the 3.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
DK's dtaunt is hilarious so i voted that and la la la la la la; which i find really annoying because i always lose to peach. :)

Donnydaysss

Smash Rookie
It's not an option here, but Bayo's crouching pose pisses me the **** off lol. She's laying there all smug in a very taunting fashion, and I'm sure it's not just me who gets annoyed by it. It adds to the already frustrating character she is.

Peach and Palu's side taunts also tilt me, and Zelda's wave too. They all have something really triggering about them. Peach's is pretty obvious - that annoying song she sings. Palu's laugh is really provoking and irritating. Zelda's wave is so silent yet exasperating, taunting her opponents with a wave as they fly into the blastzone. It's so cruel lol.

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I view peach as a "rub in your face" character, and it clearly shows in her taunts AND victory quotes. For example, one of her victory quotes: "Oh, did i win?" It gets frustrating quick.

Last edited:

Snooper

Smash Rookie
I view peach as a "rub in your face" character, and it clearly shows in her taunts AND victory quotes. For example, one of her victory quotes: "Oh, did i win?" It gets frustrating quick.
What makes Peach's taunts so annoying? I've always found them quite funny actually. I can understand the "Did I wiiin?" (it frustrates me too) but her taunts don't really seem annoying to me.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
What makes Peach's taunts so annoying? I've always found them quite funny actually. I can understand the "Did I wiiin?" (it frustrates me too) but her taunts don't really seem annoying to me.
It can depend from person to person I guess.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
The only taunt I dislike is :rosalina:'s. Not so much because being taunted bothers me, I just think her voice sounds a little off for that particular one.

What bothers me is when an opponent starts a mutual taunt and then attacks you during yours if you play along, or when they taunt every single time they launch you even when they're not even close to scoring a K.O.

Taunt betrayals and preemptive taunters are the only cases when taunts irk me. Otherwise characters' taunts don't bother me, it's the players using them. :p

Last edited:

Solarman432

Smash Rookie
I just noticed that, for some reason, many of the female characters have the most annoying taunts in Smash 4.
:4palutena:'s pole twirl
:4peach:'s "Lalalalalala" (This one especially) (Also her "Aw, did I win?" if it counts)
:4bayonetta:'s everything
:4lucina:'s "Come at me"
:rosalina:'s "MmmHmm"
:4zss:'s "Is that all?"
:4zelda:'s wave

There are a lot of people who think these characters are the most annoying to get taunted by, and considering the male to female ratio in this game, this is pretty weird.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I can understand some taunts maybe being a bit annoying but I don't get how so many people seem to think they're "infuriating".
I seriously couldn't think of a taunt any more inoffensive than Zelda's wave, and although she's my main, I can't really see Lucina's "Come at me" as being so salt inducing either.

MissSugar

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I play Peach myself (as you could probably tell by my pic lol) and a lot of the time their frustration shows when I constantly taunt them, which I like to do lol

Taunting your opponent to tilt them is a legitimate strategy

Last edited:

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Yeah, I play Peach myself (as you could probably tell by my pic lol) and a lot of the time their frustration shows when I constantly taunt them, which I like to do lol

Taunting your opponent to tilt them is a legitimate strategy
That is what gets me! It really annoys me to the point where I don't even know HOW to explain it's annoying. (sorry Snooper Snooper for no response). Yet any taunt from any other character doesn't affect me.

Turtledude7

Smash Rookie
It's not surprising that Peach's side taunt has the most votes. It's possibly the only taunt in the game that is *actually* a real taunt. It's not just an animation or phrase like other characters do. She's actually taunting her opponent to make them angry and impatient, allowing her to take advantage of them. The song and dance are done in very taunting manners because she's trying to tilt her opponent, and it's the reason a lot of people get mad over it. It's humiliating and also really annoying.

My vote goes to Peach, too. The "Lalalalalala" is something that really gets into my head, and the dance is taunty too. It's annoying.

Logback43

Smash Rookie
It's not surprising that Peach's side taunt has the most votes. It's possibly the only taunt in the game that is *actually* a real taunt. It's not just an animation or phrase like other characters do. She's actually taunting her opponent to make them angry and impatient, allowing her to take advantage of them. The song and dance are done in very taunting manners because she's trying to tilt her opponent, and it's the reason a lot of people get mad over it. It's humiliating and also really annoying.

My vote goes to Peach, too. The "Lalalalalala" is something that really gets into my head, and the dance is taunty too. It's annoying.
Yeah, it does make sense. It'll annoy anyone if you're getting tossed around by a princess who's taunting you as she does it. Everything about the taunt just screams annoying...

DomeHouse

Smash Rookie

I agree. That side taunt tilts me so much and I think you perfectly described why.

Then again, Peach in general tilts me. Annoying to fight, annoying taunts and a very condescending win screen that annoys even the toughest cookies.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
The only thing that annoys me about the "Did I win?" victory screen is more Smash 4's fault that the line itself:
The "Did I win?" victory screen is really long. Please let us skip victory screens. There is not a single soul in the universe that wants to see them for the trillionth time.
Smash 4 already has a huge problem in that there's an absurd amount of time between every battle even if you're trying to play them as fast as possible. Unskippable victory screens as long as most of Peach's really help make this down time even longer.

TopTierVillian

Smash Rookie
Anyone who doesn't think Peach's side taunt is annoying clearly hasn't fought a good Peach who uses it after every kill. It gets annoying really quickly.

Also, as a Rosa main, side taunt is funny to use on people.

Last edited:

HerbsnSpices910

Smash Cadet
I voted :4peach:, :4wario: and :4bayonetta:. I also hate :4cloud:'s taunts.

Does anyone actually still get tilted by taunts though? They've been around since 64 and getting mad at them in 2017 is only going to make you play 10 times worse.

I ALWAYS taunt with :4peach: for this exact reason. I'd say roughly 50%, or maybe even 60% of players start to play overly aggressive as a result and punishing them is a piece of cake.

If you get salty from taunting you're at such an overwhelming disadvantage. You start playing for your pride and the hit of losing is harsher. You literally have to learn to ignore it.

Last edited:

Hydgen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hydgen29
I voted :rosalina:'s taunt.

:rosalina: is a very frustrating character to play against with her Up Air kills and and Luma.

The taunt has :rosalina: nodding as if she were saying, "Oh yeah, we are really good at this." combine that with a confident voice, and its a recipe for rage.

Still, :rosalina: is a cool character, shout out to all the people who main her.

:starman:

TopTierVillian

Smash Rookie
Does anyone actually still get tilted by taunts though? They've been around since 64 and getting mad at them in 2017 is only going to make you play 10 times worse.

I ALWAYS taunt with :4peach: for this exact reason. I'd say roughly 50%, or maybe even 60% of players start to play overly aggressive as a result and punishing them is a piece of cake.
I only get tilted by a few taunts, but most of them I don't. Though :4peach:'s is definitely one that tilts me. She does it very tauntingly with her tone and it gets on my nerves.

Top Bottom