• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Which of these GC controller configs are best?

brayden77

Smash Rookie
NNID
torterra1205
3DS FC
0490-8559-4994
I’m still an amateur of Smash, but I was wondering if someone could help me decide which configuration I should use for my GC controller. I currently have 3 ideas, but feel free to suggest. Also, keep in mind that I’m a Pikachu main, so I want to make this controller optimal for him.
Note: Throughout all of these, tap-jump and Attack+Special=Smash Attack is off, and no taunts have been changed
1)
L - Jump
R - Shield
Z - Grab
A - Jump
B - Attack
C - Attack
X - Special
Y - Grab
The only problem I’ve felt with this one is that the lack of stick-smash and smash attack ease has meant that I generally use a lot less smash attacks. I rarely use LJump because AJump is much more convenient.

2)
L - Jump
R - Shield
Z - Grab
A - Jump
B - Attack
C - Smash
X - Special
Y - Grab
Stick-smash availability means I use smashes more than I do in format 1, but they don’t quite fit a smoothly because of the distance C is from where my thumb normally rests for this control scheme. On the other hand, I use less tilts than format 1, a few less than I desire, but more than in format 3. The existence of AJump means I use Specials more than in format 3, which I could easily do just as well without.

3)
L - Jump
R - Shield
Z - Grab
A - Attack
B - Jump
C - Smash
X - Special
Y - Grab
This is probably my favorite of the three. I use LJump because of XSpecial’s placement and distance from BJump so I can do things like jumping, moving forward, using thunder jolt, and running behind it as cover all at the same time. I made B into Jump because of its placement between AAttack and CSmash, and this allows me to use CSmash for smashes (obviously) and most aerials and AAttack for all else. One helpful thing about that is it makes shorthopping + Dair approaches a breeze. While I talk more advantage of smashes,
I use tilts less often then I sometimes want because of stick-smash, but that can be fixed.

Sorry for the length of this post, but if you have an opinion, feel free to contribute.

Top Bottom