• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Nintendo Switch Fighter Do You Like Better?

Which Nintendo Switch Fighter Do You Like Better?

• Byleth

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Of the two who made their Nintendo debut on the Switch,
who do you think deserved to be in this more?
Byleth or Min Min?

Oddball

Smash Lord
I have no real attachment to either of them, but I'd rather have Min Min simply because her series doesn't have a playable character and her looks and moves feel more unique.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I've figured you guy'd pick Min Min.
ARMS is favored to have a newcomer now in Smash.
Fire Emblem is not.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Byleth, because he’s actually the logical pick from the game he comes from. “Everyone is protagonist”, and Spring Man was the protagonist among protagonists. There’s no valid reason Min Min should have been added.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Byleth, because he’s actually the logical pick from the game he comes from. “Everyone is protagonist”, and Spring Man was the protagonist among protagonists. There’s no valid reason Min Min should have been added.
the creater said all of them are a protagonist.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
min min by a landslide, and byleth would have lost out by even farther had spring man made it instead

64bitmodels

Smash Rookie
min min purely because i don't really care about fire emblem or three houses
then again i dont care about arms either but i have a grudge against fire emblem for killing both paper mario and advance wars (the latter of the 2 has not seen any entries since 2008, and the former has not seen a good game since 2007.) it seems intelligent systems is only a fire emblem studio nowadays

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Both were among my most wanteds and are now my most played characters period, but I've gotta give the vote to Min Min

Byleth was kind of a given, but Min Min was a left field pick if I ever seen one. First off ARMS' window for Smash was considered pretty much over with after Spring Man's assist, so for them to announce an ARMS fighter as vol 2's opener was... odd. Second, out of all characters from ARMS, they picked someone other than the mascot, a smash first, while with TH, they went for the absolute safest option in Byleth when they could've gone with say one of the house leaders or Rhea or something lol. Byleth was great and all, but I've taken their inclusion for granted and found them fairly predictable. On the other hand, Min Min was a pipe dream pick of mine, and seeing her on that css gives me goosebumps to this day.

Also, Min Min's definitely the way more fun and interesting character movesetwise. Low-key gotta love them promoting Byleth as a "Distance Demon" only for the litteral next character to outreach them by a longshot.

Nothing against Byleth at all, as their still like my second favorite character, but dang man, Min Min's a treat.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
min min purely because i don't really care about fire emblem or three houses
then again i dont care about arms either but i have a grudge against fire emblem for killing both paper mario and advance wars (the latter of the 2 has not seen any entries since 2008, and the former has not seen a good game since 2007.) it seems intelligent systems is only a fire emblem studio nowadays
Fire Emblem didn't kill either. The studios main priority is FE but it still does Paper Mario, with a sequel coming soon that dosen't look half bad. Don't know why they ended Advance Wars, but I'd say they milked that thing enough.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
The very first time I saw Byleth in the Three Houses reveal, I thought, "Yup, he's gonna be in Smash." Lo and behold!

Listen, Byleth is one of the best Fire Emblem representatives in Smash and I happen to like her. Only Marth and Robin, I'd say, are as good at representing the series. So her being the latest in a long line of FE characters doesn't diminish that she was a good addition.

That being said, ARMS is Nintendo's latest IP and didn't have any characters in Smash at all, so it was more important that Min Min was added rather than Byleth. Plus, I love Min Min!

Top Bottom