• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which move is better too use, Nair or Dair?

DrK!D aka Doc K!D

Smash Cadet
i be watchin vids and i be listening 2 what ppl say but even tho the nair is good, it still takes up time to finish, even tho i use it alot, but the dair is stronger and finishes up quickly 2 me, so i was wonderin which would u use more and which move do u think is stronger out of the 2?

Sorry 4 my made up crumy tag

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Jesus, is that really your sig? Please shrink that **** down to a normal size.

This is completely dependent on the situation. Where are you? Where is the enemy? What are they likely to do, etc etc...

If I'm in the air above them, falling downwards, I will usually just DI in front of them and Bair them. I hate when a Snake is sent up into the air, he drops a C4, and then tries to Dair the opponent. It almost never works. I personally think Dair is used to eat shields to keep pressure on them, and that's all.

If I'm in front of them shielding, I will jump out of my shield and Dair behind them.

If they're on the ledge and I think they're going use the jump animation to get above me rather than roll or try to attack me, I will put down a C4. Then I double jump if their recovering animation has started hoping they are jumping into a double jumped Nair.

Kiryu

Smash Rookie
When in the air I always either nair or DI into bair. I only ever use dair when shorthopped.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I have to disagree with the people who say always nair, I find the dair incredibly usefule against people who spam spot dodge, plus the knockback of the dair is stronger than the nair :]

nevershootme

Smash Master
as always, it depends on the situation, but d-air definitely has extreme killing power if done correctly. I think n-air is great for catching people in the short hop range and send them flying. but n-air is also great to catch people on the 2 platforms in battlefield

my vote goes for n-air since i use it often than d-air

napZzz

Smash Hero
I have to disagree with the people who say always nair, I find the dair incredibly usefule against people who spam spot dodge, plus the knockback of the dair is stronger than the nair :]
the dair is alot harder to land though. special on smaller chars. the nair turns snake into a giant moving hit box. its harder to knock him out of it. dair leaves you pretty open

Daterian

Smash Cadet
I find i cant short hop the Nair but i can do the Dair, so i find i get alot more use out of the dair. Problem with both is you get punished if you miss :S

Olaf

Smash Cadet
funny enough, i actually have a hard time landing the dair properly. Nair ftw imo.
i also tend to use nair RELATIVELY frequently, mostly for the easy racking of damage or shield break.
dair....i just cant get the placement quite right to make it as effective as everyone says. i only even try it when im above, just to try to land the last hit...

napZzz

Smash Hero
I find it hard to land the dair :/. Using the nair off stage works against chars. like mk who try to jump out to hit you.

DrK!D aka Doc K!D

Smash Cadet
thank u psycho ****** but 4 ppl who cant really short hop da nair, u should do wat i do, i hold both A & Y buttons at da same time dat way as soon as snake jumps he automatically start nairing it works 75% of da time 4 me
ima have a vid about it soon when i buy my camcorder :chuckle:

DrK!D aka Doc K!D

Smash Cadet
sum helpful info

thanks u psycho ****** but 4 ppl who cant really short hop da nair u should do wat i do, i hold both A & Y buttons, so as soon when snake jumps he automatically start nairing it works 75 % of da time:chuckle:

Top Bottom