• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is your go to SUIT? (Samus skin preference)

Choose your armor:

• Total voters

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
I'm all about the cyan suit. Apparently I'm the only one.
You're not the only one,that suit is the Fusion Suit variant. Anyone who actually plays Metroid games knows and loves that suit.

Takkles

Smash Rookie
Cyan suit fusion samus is by far the best. If I'm not using that I just stick with classic orange. Pink if I'm really feeling it.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like them all. But due to the fact that I only play the 3DS version, I choose the pallettes that most rescemble each of my mains/seconds color in an oldschool handheld game.

In case of Samus, I either go Light Suit or Green (due to the fact that the Game Boy can have either grayscale, or "greenscale" pallettes).

Project M: Dark Suit
In Brawl: Fusion.
Melee: Pink (gravity?)
64: Default / Brown

Last edited:

Mothraniclus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1178-0677-3736
1. Dark Samus (My favorite character besides Samus)
2. Fusion suit (My favorite 2D Metroid game)
3. NES Varia suit (Basically Samus's Fabulous variant (Which every character must have))

Last edited:

Bash2King

Smash Cadet
NNID
MetroidBash550
1.Gravity Suit 3rd favorite Suit behind Phazon and omega
2.Varia Suit love it
3. Fusion Suit closest ill get to Omega Suit and i just like fusion suit as its self
4,Dark Samus Phazon

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
OP should've made this a poll post so we could actually see what suit has the most preference xD
Well, regarless of that I'll state my favorites and why I use them.

1) Dark Samus alt. This one if my absolute favorite because in Brawl my favorite alt. was her Dark Suit one. It just looked so cool to me because of how Samus looked in a suit I've never seen before (I was a scrub back then with no Wii/GC). Plus Dark Samus was a character that I was REALLY hoping for in this game. So, this is the next best thing. Plus the sleek black design is just so awesome and edgy!

2) ALL THE OTHERS!!! LOL
I really have no other preference besides the Dark Samus one. Its the only one I'll use in tourney actually. I play most comfortably with it (could be a psychological thing; Game Theory anyone?). The other suits I only really use at random when playing friendlies on/offline; or in training. I do really like the Gravity Suit and Dark suit a lot though. In no particular order. They're just my favorites because purple is my favorite color, and the Dark Suit still looks pretty sick compared to Brawl. Oh but how I wish Samus could have all her actual suits kinda like in PM. That would be amazing. Oh well. I'm still grateful with these sick alts nonetheless. :)

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
OP should've made this a poll post so we could actually see what suit has the most preference xD
Well, regarless of that I'll state my favorites and why I use them.

1) Dark Samus alt. This one if my absolute favorite because in Brawl my favorite alt. was her Dark Suit one. It just looked so cool to me because of how Samus looked in a suit I've never seen before (I was a scrub back then with no Wii/GC). Plus Dark Samus was a character that I was REALLY hoping for in this game. So, this is the next best thing. Plus the sleek black design is just so awesome and edgy!

2) ALL THE OTHERS!!! LOL
I really have no other preference besides the Dark Samus one. Its the only one I'll use in tourney actually. I play most comfortably with it (could be a psychological thing; Game Theory anyone?). The other suits I only really use at random when playing friendlies on/offline; or in training. I do really like the Gravity Suit and Dark suit a lot though. In no particular order. They're just my favorites because purple is my favorite color, and the Dark Suit still looks pretty sick compared to Brawl. Oh but how I wish Samus could have all her actual suits kinda like in PM. That would be amazing. Oh well. I'm still grateful with these sick alts nonetheless. :)
To be fair I made this thread ages ago when I first started using Smashboards. And I wasn't really fishing for a poll of what people use, because let's face it most Samus players will pick the light, dark suit, dark, and fusion colors. I wanted to know WHY the choose that skin. Me personally I love the look of the Light suit, but I opt to use the gravity suit because of my affinity towards it in metroid prime. I feel for most Samus mains there's a strong emotional reason we choose this low tier character, and that love for the character will even influence something as simple as a skin choice.

But since you brought it up, BAM, Poll question.

Last edited:

Shuckle_SSB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkFire5136
3DS FC
4124-5307-8608
To be fair I made this thread ages ago when I first started using Smashboards. And I wasn't really fishing for a poll of what people use, because let's face it most Samus players will pick the light, dark suit, dark, and fusion colors. I wanted to know WHY the choose that skin. Me personally I love the look of the Light suit, but I opt to use the gravity suit because of my affinity towards it in metroid prime. I feel for most Samus mains there's a strong emotional reason we choose this low tier character, and that love for the character will even influence something as simple as a skin choice.

But since you brought it up, BAM, Poll question.
I understand. I actually like what you did though. To find the actual reason why we like certain colors more than others and why we like them. I just personlly like seeing the numbers because it interests me a lot. But wait, Fusion Suit? That's like the worst clor. Who uses that? Lol (totally not being serious, don't get salty)

VidyaJames

Smash Rookie
S tier: Gravity Suit, Fusion suit
A Tier: Varia Suit (default), Dark Suit
B Tier: Light Suit
C Tier: Pink (NES Varia), Dark Samus
D Tier: Green - get that weak **** out of here.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
When I use Samus, I tend to use the Varia Suit (default one), but I do like quite a few of Samus's colour swaps.

If I were to rank them:

Varia > Gravity > White > Green (I get it's got no real origin outside of Smash, but it's a nice colour to me! *hides*) > Fusion/Dark > Dark Samus >>>> Pink

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I originally used the Gravity Suit, but then I wanted to redefine myself, so I went with the Light Suit. I liked how that looked, but it didn't work with the tag I was using. Since my tag is der Rabe (the Raven), I use Dark Samus Suit.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Recently, getting the chance to play Sm4sh again (though not as often as I'd like), I decided that I'd use the tag, Fe2O3, which is just iron oxide, or rust. The intent is for those who are familiar with chemistry to see that I'm not at my A-game, but rather rusty. So I've recently been using the Dark Suit instead of the Dark Samus Suit.

R

Ruben Samich

1. Definitely light suit. Although blue is my favorite color, I feel like the light suit represents a higher level of Samus mains. You'll never find a noob Samus using the light suit. It's not trying to be all flashy and awesome, it's just like "I'm here to kill you."

2. Dark suit because blue is my favorite color

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I use the Dark Suit (Dark Bronze) exclusively. The only time you'll ever see me wear a different suit is if my finger slips on the character select screen.

Dancer

Smash Rookie
I like the Fusion suit. Looks good, and.....I mean, Fusion.
But I usually went with the Gravity Suit.

Until recently.
I'm a Varia Samus now.

I just kinda, look at it differently now. Ya know?

Electrafying

Smash Rookie
My main choice would be Dark Samus, because I’m interested in all Dark Skins, but the Dark Suit is also a pretty close on, since the two change the visor color.

Top Bottom