• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the Best Region/State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Max aka otg moved to CT. Swift is also from CT. There's kind of a grey area in CT that's in between Tristate and New England but I'd lean towards them being Tristate.
Southern CT (Where myself and Swift are from) is both Tristate and NE.

Swift would be on the Tristate team before a LOT of the people listed and DJ would **** so many of the people listed on both of Cali's lists.

Lord ***** and should go to more tournaments because I could see him being top 3 in NorCal hella easy.

Cali is HELLA populated, holy ****.

past_b

Smash Apprentice
Hey...I will admit az's top 5 are based on three ifs...
1. IF forward is feeling good, he is a top three space animal in the world (behind pp and mango)
2. IF taj is a top shape, be is easily top two marth in the world with m2k...depends on his matchups tho
3. Tai is a wildcat for sure same as silly Kyle but can both potentially do very well

Wobbles and axe are constants.... They will do well regardless...

I will admit, if the above 3 "Ifs" aren't satisfied, az loses. If they are, I pick az to beat any region.

:phone:

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Cool beans

Also what is this silly post above me.
Forward, good as he is, is not a top 3 spacey, even on good days.
Taj isn't that inconsistent.
Tai is pree ****. As is silly kyle.
Axe is a little more inconsistent than taj these days, but I still have faith ^^
And wobbles is just the man.

Moooose

Smash Champion
so moose went to new england and was consistently top 5, better than he does in the midwest, and this is supposed to insult the midwest?
to be fair, ive been getting top 5 at like some tiny *** tourneys -_-. i'll be the first to admit i havent been doing great, with the exception of mass madness 4 which was my first tourney here. on the other hand, i have taken sets off of all the top players in NE (that i've run into in tourney) with the exception of thorn (who ***** me). im 1-0 with swiftbass and 2-2 with zoso in tourney. however, i've also lost to/have losing records to alot of other players who are not top (as matt pointed out), but i think that speaks more about my individual skill as well as the fact that i'm hardly playing the game while i'm here (johns). overall i think skill level in midwest is about the same as in NE. they both have a dominant player (kels/thorn) who hardly loses to regional players (at least while kdj is gone) but kinda gets **** on by top top players, no offense to either. we both have the problem of a large area, where people are driving from all over the place just to play in small tournies, which is probably a large reason for the similar skill levels. Considering all the similarities, midwest and NE should be all about supporting one another, not **** talking eachother -_- so hopefully this can evolve into a relationship of mutual respect.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
moose its all in fun, no worries man. and im well aware of your ability to get top 5 in anything but regionals and i know dudes are solid up there as well

theres just gotta be some good **** talk to have some exciting competition

Max?

Smash Champion
I still, to this day, have no idea who you are or if you matter.

You watched me play Cyrain in a few friendlies at Apex and johned for him every time I did something cool.

He is a doc main from NY. He isn't notably good, but he's good friends with a lot of the more influential smashers in NY.
I would ****ing **** you mercilessly.

And wtf is this "notably good" bull****. I have some solid *** tourney W's, I've placed in the $ at a ton of events and I've been inactive from the scene since February because I'm busy with real life. ****ing scrub internet warriors talking bad about me when they dont know ****.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You watched me play Cyrain in a few friendlies at Apex and johned for him every time I did something cool.

I would ****ing **** you mercilessly.

And wtf is this "notably good" bull****. I have some solid *** tourney W's, I've placed in the $ at a ton of events and I've been inactive from the scene since February because I'm busy with real life. ****ing scrub internet warriors talking bad about me when they dont know ****.
Wow, this is the most butt hurt post I've seen in a while.

I guess we have different standards for what notably good is. I have never seen you place particularly well at a big tourney, in fact I can't think of a single upset you've ever managed at a notable tournament.

And since Wobbles was the one who asked, I didn't think he would consider you good either.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace

I guess we have different standards for what notably good is. I have never seen you place particularly well at a big tourney, in fact I can't think of a single upset you've ever managed at notable tournament.

And since Wobbles was the one who asked, I didn't think he would consider you good either.
Wobbles asked because his smashboards name is different than the tag he goes by in tournament. OTG ain't bad.

Who the **** are you, Froggy? You talk a lot of ****.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
1. IF forward is feeling good, he is a top three space animal in the world (behind pp and mango)
I just want you to know how ridiculous of a statement this is LOL. Forward's prime was like 5 years ago; it'd take more than just "playing good" for him to be the best space animal behind PP and Mango, he'd legitimately have to practice a lot. Even then, it's a stretch considering how many good spacies there are.

Construct

Smash Journeyman

I guess we have different standards for what notably good is. I have never seen you place particularly well at a big tourney, in fact I can't think of a single upset you've ever managed at a notable tournament.

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Matchups and good coaching are bigger deals than talent in crew battles. 2 teams with reasonably good players will usually be somewhat close because of smart choices with counterpicks etc. where amazng players can pick up the slack for mediocre players etc.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Wobbles asked because his smashboards name is different than the tag he goes by in tournament. OTG ain't bad.

Who the **** are you, Froggy? You talk a lot of ****.
Don't speak for Wobbles. I'd bet he doesn't know who OTG is or if he matters at all. And I never said OTG was bad, that'd be a bit of an overstatement.

I'm not talking ****, just being honest. Don't know why that seems to be a problem on these boards.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
to be fair, ive been getting top 5 at like some tiny *** tourneys -_-. i'll be the first to admit i havent been doing great, with the exception of mass madness 4 which was my first tourney here. on the other hand, i have taken sets off of all the top players in NE (that i've run into in tourney) with the exception of thorn (who ***** me). im 1-0 with swiftbass and 2-2 with zoso in tourney. however, i've also lost to/have losing records to alot of other players who are not top (as matt pointed out), but i think that speaks more about my individual skill as well as the fact that i'm hardly playing the game while i'm here (johns). overall i think skill level in midwest is about the same as in NE. they both have a dominant player (kels/thorn) who hardly loses to regional players (at least while kdj is gone) but kinda gets **** on by top top players, no offense to either. we both have the problem of a large area, where people are driving from all over the place just to play in small tournies, which is probably a large reason for the similar skill levels. Considering all the similarities, midwest and NE should be all about supporting one another, not **** talking eachother -_- so hopefully this can evolve into a relationship of mutual respect.
I mean, yeah, NE and MW are probably the same skill level, but that doesn't change the fact that if both regions fought in a crew battle NE would wreck ****.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
This topic is stupid now.
I feel like it is Froggy's fault.
You sure talk about me a lot, do you like like me or something?

Also you're one the people who got the top player thread locked by talking about beer. Stop complaining.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
You sure talk about me a lot, do you like like me or something?

Also you're one the people who got the top player thread locked by talking about beer. Stop complaining.
if I ever saw you in real life, I'm going to say everything I think about your appearance. Fat, ugly, clothes, everything. it's me being honest, right?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
If people hate froggy why not just put him on ignore?

Also sad to hear the next top player/beer thread got locked.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
if I ever saw you in real life, I'm going to say everything I think about your appearance. Fat, ugly, clothes, everything. it's me being honest, right?

Well I'm neither far nor ugly, but I don't have very good clothes and I would appreciate it if you didn't make fun of me for it.

I wasn't making fun of OTG. I was just describing him to another player. If you describe me to someone else as somebody who has bad clothes then I will forgive you for it.

Youngling

Smash Journeyman
If you think the thing about OTG is the only reason I said that then you're dillusional.

Please learn that some things are better left unsaid. This isn't like baseball where you can say something about a player and they'll probably never see it or see you. We all read what we say to about each other and for the most part see each other in real life, too.

You're obviously making a ton of enemies on the boards, and I'd advise that you'd stop doing so and clean up your act before you ever go to an actual tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom