• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which is the Best Region/State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Since when has Remen placed top 10 at any major?

European tourneys don't count because for all we know OTG would place top 10 at those as well

Battlecow

Play to Win
Didn't know that. You're right.

That said, that was a while ago. Ehhhhh Remen's better though.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
nah, he's just saying europe is pretty top heavy, and by top heavy we mean like armada.

If the midwest gets darkrain we def. stand a chance vs euro and i'm not even trolling. I'd **** amsah and leffen up and i ****ing suck. Darkain just needs to do work on armada then the rest of the midwest would go to work.
I see what you are saying but that isn't what I was getting at. Mostly I was trying to say that some people in the Midwest put Kels on this top level player pedestal and hypes him to people OoR. Then when Kels places badly or even about where his skill level is, everyone just ****s on Kels. He is a solid player that can compete nationally, but he gets crazy fanatical hype every time he travels (Most likely cuz the MW doesn't travel and hes the only one to root for).

If you need any evidence check out the old P5 update thread.

"How is Kels doing?" "Any update on Kels?" "Kels lost to Redd?" "How is Kels doing?"

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Pretty sure Europe is like this.

1 Armada
2 Amsah
3 Ice
4 Leffen
5 Zgetto/Remen/Adam/Over
9 Faab/Fuzzyness/Aldwyn/Baxon/IVP/Pepito/Cyr/Hack/Calle W

^^

Most accurate European ranking, there is another group of player just below that, probably the likes of Jeapie, EK, Salepate, VA, Prof pro etc. I would expect most of those players to be in the bracket of a major american tournament spread out between positions 1 and 49. Just because Amsah had one poor performance does not mean Europe is bad, i think when Amsah is in shape he is a similar level to M2k. The top players in Europe are of a good level and the spread of skill is similar to that of America although with much less players. Give it a rest Europe is not bad.
Agreed. I think Europe in skill is 80-90% of America. They have a lot of really strong top players that have a shot against anyone outside the Top 5 of North America.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
@t that Ho chi guy, that fact that your saying your not trolling only means ur dumb as ****, or just ignorant but maybe its the same .. what do i know :)

yes Europe is way worse as America, but holland and Sweden both as a region as no joke, And recon it would go toe to toe with regions like florida, with only one powerhouse,,
We aint no ***** man, darkrain would be crushed myself alone. and kels is just another fox here , i kno hes good and solid and all... but if hes your the best... then good luck bro ;)

:phone:

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Kels, Tink, Trail, and the R brothers can give the top 5 of Europe a run for the money. Maybe replace a brother/Tink with CunningKitsune, but he hasn't played on a big stage for a long time now. That's not even putting players like Dart and Darkrain on the crew.

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Also thats actuelly a really Good list, and take it fr

om its really accurate! even though me and adam might be potientelly better then amsah, hes the man who keeps it down.. except for apex xD dont let that fool you though ;p we comimg back apex 2013 me and adam

We going loos on you america !

Zgetto

Smash Ace
Kels, Tink, Trail, and the R brothers can give the top 5 of Europe a run for the money. Maybe replace a brother/Tink with CunningKitsune, but he hasn't played on a big stage for a long time now. That's not even putting players like Dart and Darkrain on the crew.
wtf thats a joke, wouldnt even be close... kels, some basic sheik? and a random ice climbers ? haha what a joke.. id eat dart and darkrain myself

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
wtf thats a joke, wouldnt even be close... kels, some basic sheik? and a random ice climbers ? haha what a joke.. id eat dart and darkrain myself

Lmao, you sir need to stop lying to yourself. I've watched some of your matches, how used to NTSC is your region anyway? Trail, this "random ice climbers" Took both Lovage and Kirby Kaze deep. Dart won SMYM without losing a set.

Lovage

Smash Hero

Watch your mouth honey, you might almost lose to that "random ice climbers player" again.
god midwest needs to sort their **** out lol

you guys have your n00bs trying to brag about the times your top players ALMOST won? what kinda regional pride is that lol

btw ur right, our pools set 2.5 years ago WAS close, sadly our set at big house wasn't =/

but thx bro i'll be watching out

stelzig

Smash Lord
Didn't this random german player also get 49th at apex? Are some of you guys really trying to suggest that all the top european players are just on par with him pretty much?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
PP said he taught Ice a few marth tricks after he beat him in dittos at SR. I'd like to see Ice take marth to the next level honestly.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
god midwest needs to sort their **** out lol

you guys have your n00bs trying to brag about the times your top players ALMOST won? what kinda regional pride is that lol

btw ur right, our pools set 2.5 years ago WAS close, sadly our set at big house wasn't =/

but thx bro i'll be watching out
lmao, **** the midwest is pretty bad lol

.... ****ing rocky balboa....

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
Yes.

One thousand times yes.

I also think Ice is overrated...
Yeah its too bad, but IVP hasnt cared for this game for a some years i think

Ice might be a bit. But its just cause, When he actually plays good its so amazing.
But yeah maybe somewhat, he just needs to be more consistent

Pontus

Smash Apprentice
I played IVP right before I left and he said he wanted to start playing again.

His vs Falco game is quite interesting.

He is known for being a very smart player. He would be really really good in this game if he gave it his all.

Wish he would :)

Warhawk

Smash Lord
yo we suk but there ain't no talking down on darkrain like that round these parts, boy is a legend in the midwest, we got a statue of that mother ****er
Last I saw he was pretty rusty though, coming out of retirement and all. Not rusty enough to get wrecked like Zgetto was saying, but rusty enough that he's not going to tip the scale for the midwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom