• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which GC Adapter should I get?

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
I want a GameCube Controller Adapter for my Switch/PC, the Official one is 70 Dollars! But the Mayflash one is 18, is there any reason I should get the official one over the Mayflash? Cause if not, I’ll just save the 50 Bucks, the Nintendo logo doesn’t matter that much to me XD. Mostly I’m wondering if there’s any Lag or Dropped input problems with the Mayflash, or if it’s not well made and will break, or any big issues like that.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, the one for Smash 4 I own works great for me.

I would say it works well enough.

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the one for Smash 4 I own works great for me.

I would say it works well enough.
?
I’m sorry, i don’t really understand what you mean by that, are you talking about the Wii U Adapter? Cause if so, I don’t own it, and I don’t think it’s for sale anymore.

D

Deleted member

?
I’m sorry, i don’t really understand what you mean by that, are you talking about the Wii U Adapter? Cause if so, I don’t own it, and I don’t think it’s for sale anymore.
Yeah, I was talking about that one.

A shame to hear that since I find it great.

Omnos

Smash Cadet
If money is the issue you could look for a used GCC adapter. A second hand Wii U or Switch adapter shouldn't be too pricey or hard to find.
Unofficial third party products can be sketchy.

Last edited:

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
If money is the issue you could look for a used GCC adapter. A second hand Wii U or Switch adapter shouldn't be too pricey or hard to find.
Unofficial third party products can be sketchy.
I mean, money is sort of an issue, but I just want the best setup possible, I’m pretty serious about Smash Bros. And I want the best experience, so if there’s anything flawed about the Mayflash I’ll get the Offical one, but right now I’m just trying to figure out if there IS something wrong with it, but thanks for your help anyway.

Last edited:

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
I have the Mayflash GC adapter and ive had no issues with it whatsoever, I use it both for my switch and my PC.

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
Couldn't find a way to really test it, so I made my own little test and slowed it down in editing. Like i said there is not a noticeable delay and if there is i'm just not seeing it or feeling it at all, which very well could be possible. But I hope this helps in some way lol. (PS when i pushed my triggers to shield, they didn't work because i forgot bind the triggers because i'm an idiot)

This was ran on the 20xx training pack on Dolphin and recorded with OBS Studio at 1080p 60FPS. The camera is a Logitech c920 at 60fps

EDIT: I can also do one on my switch with Smash Ultimate if you would like

Last edited:

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
Couldn't find a way to really test it, so I made my own little test and slowed it down in editing. Like i said there is not a noticeable delay and if there is i'm just not seeing it or feeling it at all, which very well could be possible. But I hope this helps in some way lol. (PS when i pushed my triggers to shield, they didn't work because i forgot bind the triggers because i'm an idiot)

This was ran on the 20xx training pack on Dolphin and recorded with OBS Studio at 1080p 60FPS. The camera is a Logitech c920 at 60fps

Yeah, that looks basically 1-1! Thanks for the help!

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
Yeah, that looks basically 1-1! Thanks for the help!
No problem! Glad to help, I had troubles finding an adapter and just said screw it and went with the Mayflash, needless to say i'm not disappointed with my purchase!

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice

Actually, if it wouldn’t be to much trouble, it would be great if you could test it on your switch! Thanks in advance!

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
Here you go! I tried to get some better lighting for the camera this time around, hope this helps!

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
Here you go! I tried to get some better lighting for the camera this time around, hope this helps!

That looks perfect, thanks, also, do you main peach? If so, that’s awesome! You don’t see a lot of peach mains.

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
That looks perfect, thanks, also, do you main peach? If so, that’s awesome! You don’t see a lot of peach mains.
As of now I do main peach lol, I started playing her on Melee a few months before Ultimate came out and i fell in love with her playstyle.

kingdark519

Smash Apprentice
As of now I do main peach lol, I started playing her on Melee a few months before Ultimate came out and i fell in love with her playstyle.
Coooool, quick question, how do you float real close to the ground like that? I’ve seen it before but I’ve never known how to do it.

TBJosh

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6720-0325-9812
Coooool, quick question, how do you float real close to the ground like that? I’ve seen it before but I’ve never known how to do it.
:GCD: + :GCX:/:GCY:, I have two jump buttons binded to help me do this.
My left trigger is my second jump button and that is what I use when I float. So I do this:
:GCD: + :GCLT:

Top Bottom