• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which game series do you want to get the Warriors treatment?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Super Mario Bros. of course, call it Mushroom Kingdom Warriors.
An Angry Birds Warriors would be a cool mobile game.
Sonic got his fighting roots in a 3D arena fighter and he has a rich and varied history, so it would make a lot of sense to transfer the iconic locales, characters, and storylines into something like HW, where it takes timelines and characters from multiple games and makes it all intertwine in a Warriors game.
I think Megaman Warriors would be awesome.
Pac-Man warriors would be an awesome excuse to pull from all sides of the Pac-Man spectrum.
Lastly, a little unorthodox but instead of an XBOX Smash Bros., I want a Microsoft Warriors.

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Fire Emblem Three Houses, but with an additional crossover side mode for giving people the characters the original FE Warriors should have given them. FE Warriors is my favorite Warriors game, but it sure did disappoint as a FE spinoff.

The Legend of Heroes/Trails series has a HUGE cast and would really provide great opportunities to innovate on the formula. I could see a gear system in which every drop is good on everyone, but each character has their own quartz slot layout to make them unique. Also, that OST is full of absolute bangers.

Ys already has the action combat and the stellar soundtrack. Has the potential for an FE Warriors style damage type triangle and character swap style gameplay.

Final Fantasy Warriors - how has this not happened?

Tales - this one has already gotten one, on handhelds. But how about trying again and making it good this time, yeah? Actually license it to Koei and let them give it the HW magic.

Xenoblade Warriors - honestly, I'd like them to ditch the master/blade mechanics here. Not only would they not make sense for XC1/X characters, but it would be fun to mow down hordes of enemies with Pyra or Corvin (or my favorite blade, Aegaeon). Maybe simulate the blade proximity mechanics with any partner characters of your choice. But Xenoblade is beautiful and it makes a lot of sense to get the Warriors treatment.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Xenoblade - Pretty Self Explanatory, use Characters from Xenoblade 1, X, 2 and it makes money

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus Uprising was fantastic with it's enemies, characters, weaponry etc. would translate nicely to a Musou

Kirby - Another self explanatory one

Minecraft - It got an underrated Dungeon Crawler and with Minecraft's tools and even some characters, a musou might be a fitting addition to Minecraft's spin-off repertoire.

Super Sentai - A Sentai Warriors game practically makes itself, A wide variety of characters including Rangers, Villains and even some crossover characters. All the villains literally have grunts that are used like the enemies in warriors games.

Cartoon Network - Fusionfall was underrated, they got a diablo clone and a musou would also fit with the large cast of Cartoon Network characters.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
How about a Pokemon Warriors? You'll pick a starter at the beginning and then you'll be given the chance to catch more Pokemon as you defeat them in battle, kind of like how you could recruit more toy Pokemon in Rumble World.

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Fire Emblem Three Houses, but with an additional crossover side mode for giving people the characters the original FE Warriors should have given them. FE Warriors is my favorite Warriors game, but it sure did disappoint as a FE spinoff.

The Legend of Heroes/Trails series has a HUGE cast and would really provide great opportunities to innovate on the formula. I could see a gear system in which every drop is good on everyone, but each character has their own quartz slot layout to make them unique. Also, that OST is full of absolute bangers.

Ys already has the action combat and the stellar soundtrack. Has the potential for an FE Warriors style damage type triangle and character swap style gameplay.

Final Fantasy Warriors - how has this not happened?

Tales - this one has already gotten one, on handhelds. But how about trying again and making it good this time, yeah? Actually license it to Koei and let them give it the HW magic.

Xenoblade Warriors - honestly, I'd like them to ditch the master/blade mechanics here. Not only would they not make sense for XC1/X characters, but it would be fun to mow down hordes of enemies with Pyra or Corvin (or my favorite blade, Aegaeon). Maybe simulate the blade proximity mechanics with any partner characters of your choice. But Xenoblade is beautiful and it makes a lot of sense to get the Warriors treatment.
A few more.

Fullmetal Alchemist - I love the franchise and its characters. And we got Arslan with the same art style. The main issue I see is a lack of grunts/generic enemies to work with.

My Hero Academia Warriors - I see MHA as THE most likely anime to get a new Warriors adaptation.

Doom Warriors - it's literally the same game, with more enemies that have less health.

How about a Pokemon Warriors? You'll pick a starter at the beginning and then you'll be given the chance to catch more Pokemon as you defeat them in battle, kind of like how you could recruit more toy Pokemon in Rumble World.
It would be the first Pokemon game I'd enjoy in well over a decade. After Gen 3 was my favorite gen, Gen 4 killed my love of the series, and I've been regrettably unable to enjoy any generation since.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
KIRBY!!!

Also Pikmin cause I wanna play as the freaking Titan Dweevil and rampage through giant armies of Pikmin.

SuperSaska

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Warriors. I know, I lowkey flack on Ultimate but playing as all these characters Dynasty Warriors style would be amazing, and a story with characters saying typed dialogue (instead of being silent like Subspace) would be a cool idea. It would be cool to see Ness, Mario, and DeDeDe to be interacting.

(Maybe Link could finally talk, idk lol)

And with a Dynasty Warriors treatment, I think the diversity on the combat style will be guaranteed.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Most of the good ideas have been mentioned, but i'm going to throw one idea out there:

Animal Crossing Warriors

I know it makes no sense, but it would be amazing
I can just imagine redd hitting enemies with paintings, or tom nook swinging around bags of bells

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
So, hear me out.... Genshin Impact Warriors. It has a vibrant and growing cast of characters, the elemental synergies and character swapping would be great additions to the gameplay loop, and it would be a solid excuse to experiment with/improve on the open world again without pissing everyone off.

You could also simulate the gacha, without microtransactions, in a similar way to how Xenoblade Chronicles 2 does it. Random character unlocks are fun when you aren't paying for them.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Now that I think about it, Sonic Forces should've just been repackaged as a Warriors game, to be honest. I’d play the hell out of a Sonic musou with different characters (never mind that I’d also want an at least better story than what we got in actual Forces).

The Rookie can stay, since he’s a central character.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I think Overwatch would be a really cool idea! They would definitely have to change up quite a bit about each hero to make them work, but it honestly seems like a really cool idea and a way to show more lore about the series.
Other than that, I think Demon Slayer (not a videogame series but whatever) would work really nicely as a Warriors game.

D

Deleted member

Metroid, Pokémon, Final Fantasy, MegaMan, Transformers (technically not a videogame series) and Metal Gear Solid.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Kirby here Roster:
Goodguys:

Goodguys waifus (i mean warriors has an obsession with them most of the charas in base hyrule warriors are "sexy" even zelda and impa are more attractive):
(i dont want them to make her sexy please dont)

Bad guys:

Yeah a bit to many girls (or girly looking beings) i know i mean they literly gender bend link in HW so yeah
if they announce it i would be exicted and Scared

Otoad64

Smash Lord
oh man just thinking about a Kirby Warriors makes me want it so much.

KIrby games are almost like 2D Warriors games so it would work really well, just playing as Marx in a Warriors game would be perfect, and Kirby's different movesets could be the different copy abilities

I feel like this would be the roster, most major Kirby characters are present, and I threw in a couple minibosses
Kirby Warriors.png

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna throw Golden Sun into the ring. Releasing a Golden Sun Warriors alongside a remaster, reboot, or sequel in the main series would be a good way to bring the IP back to life.

This one would be less about big character rosters and more about collecting djinn to unlock new moves, spells, and summons. Kind of like Joker in P5 Scramble, except now for your whole party separated by element.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Personally, I think that (whilst not my absolute favourite personal suggestion,) Castlevania Warriors would be a brilliant example of this sort of thing. Likewise, I think that Mario, Kirby and to an extent Sonic could work here too. As for other series... not gonna lie, it would be really cool to see how a Metroid Warriors was handled with various Hunters playable, but it wouldn't really fit the series. Final Fantasy is an obvious choice (Add Crono as DLC!), Xenoblade seems like it could be cool? As much as I'd personally love to see a Mega Man Warriors title, I feel like it wouldn't be popular enough to warrant release. Likewise, Pokemon Warriors sounds like it could be really cool, but I have a feeling the "weapons" system wouldn't translate well...

god damn this series has so much potential

AlRex

Smash Lord
Ninja Turtles. I associate it enough with the games, so sure. I think my line of thinking was "beat-em-ups", so my first thought was Double Dragon, but Ninja Turtles sounded more interesting. Maybe a Streets of Rage one, as well? Even throw in the Golden Axe characters and Joe Musashi (Shinobi) as well.

Last edited:

Etheus Rook

Smash Apprentice
Xenoblade - Pretty Self Explanatory, use Characters from Xenoblade 1, X, 2 and it makes money

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus Uprising was fantastic with it's enemies, characters, weaponry etc. would translate nicely to a Musou

Kirby - Another self explanatory one

Minecraft - It got an underrated Dungeon Crawler and with Minecraft's tools and even some characters, a musou might be a fitting addition to Minecraft's spin-off repertoire.

Super Sentai - A Sentai Warriors game practically makes itself, A wide variety of characters including Rangers, Villains and even some crossover characters. All the villains literally have grunts that are used like the enemies in warriors games.

Cartoon Network - Fusionfall was underrated, they got a diablo clone and a musou would also fit with the large cast of Cartoon Network characters.
Super Sentai/Power Rangers Warriors doesn't JUST make itself work. We already know it works, because Kamen Rider Battride War exists. So yeah, make it happen.

I could want to see SEGA Allstars Warriors, which it could be Crossover between SEGA Universes like Sonic and Space Harrier for example.
This could have similar treatment to "Worlds Unite" Sonic Archie comic, where SEGA character helped Sonic to defeat Eggman.

Last edited:
I know it would be very unlikely, but if we went by Hasbro franchise for a "Warriors" game, then I would pick G.I. Joe.

You may ask why? First, GI Joe has a huge cast of characters, ranging from team GI Joe to team COBRA. Heck, there are even some characters who wield swords like Snake Eyes or Storm Shadow and they could fit for "Hack N Slash" game. Also the concept of "Warriors" game with military elements might seem interesting.

Although there is a small issue about the game: the enemies. The enemies in this game are going to be just COBRA troopers. Although we could make original enemies if it would be okay.

Also I had an idea for the game. I'm not sure if it could be true, but GI Joe and Transformers shared the same universe in comics and cartoons, so that could mean that some minor transfomers content may appear in the game (I'm kinda iffy about it since the game is supposed to be GI Joe-centric).

The game would be based on all GI Joe timelines (Ranging from original to cartoons to movies). We might also throw Action man stuff if we could.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Welp Undertale it would be incredibly ironic but yeah!
I dont really like these game so the UT one would not feature bases or papermachee allies youre just one of the Eight Humans Murdering Monsters!
Honestly considering how weak monsters are compared to humans that would fit weirdly well!

D

Deleted member

Kid Icarus, definitely. (then at least if there's a Vs. mode I can have Pit beat the snot out of Viridi, something we were robbed of in "Uprising"!)

Top Bottom