• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which franchises have you never played?

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
There are now many, many franchises represented in Smash Bros., Nintendo and otherwise. If ever there was any shame in not knowing anything about one of these series, now more than ever can it be safely dispelled. So go ahead. Post your shame. Which series in this game have you never even touched?

:ultbayonetta: Never played a Bayonetta game.

:ultcloud: I tried FF1 and FF7 for about... 5 minutes each.

:ultfox: Never played a Star Fox game.

:ultmarth: Never played a Fire Emblem game. Apparently other people on this forum have. I thought FE fans were a myth.

:ultness: Never played a Mother game.

:ultolimar: Never Pikked any Min.

:ultpit: Nope. Not even the NES one.

:ultryu: I've never played a Street Fighter. Crazy, right?

:ultsamus: Never played a Metroid game.

:ultsimon: Never played a Castlevania game.

:ultvillager: Never played Animal Crossing... BUT, I'm interested. Switch one'll happen.

:ultshulk: Sorry, Shulk.

:ultmiifighters: I am ashamed to say that I have played Wii Sports.

:ultrob: I am not ashamed to say that I have never owned a R.O.B.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Never played Warioware, Pikmin, R.O.B., Animal Crossing, Wii Fit, Castlevania, and Persona.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm an 80s kid. Well, technically I'm an adult, so I've played many Nintendo games. I've played the following series.

:ultduckhunt:
:ultpacman:
:ultmario:
:ultyoshi:
:ultdk:
:ultzelda:
:ultsamus:
:ultpit:
:ultkirby:
:ultfox:
:ultfalcon:
:ultvillager:
:ultpokemontrainer:
:ultolimar:
:ultmegaman:
:ultryu:
:ultsimon:
:ultmarth:
:ultgnw:
:ultsonic:
:ultcloud:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
:ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmegaman::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer:

Yep. Not once have touched these. I've actually never played Megaman, and never cared to.

But if you're talking about a game/series I maybe picked up for a few hours and never finished, this list grows exponentially.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
I have not played from rob, game and watch, joker, or shulk’s series. Haven’t played from yoshi’s series either if we’re counting Super Mario Advance 3 as a Mario series game. If cloud’s series is FFVII specifically, and not any FF game, I haven’t played that one, either.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
My list is quite large tbh lol. Smash is one of the only games I play...

Before I begin I think I remember playing Punch Out and Street Fighter games at an arcade and Duck Hunt somewhere also, but it was such a long time ago so I'm not exactly 100% sure lmao. Same with Star Fox too I believe but that was a one time thing.

:ultdoc::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultrosalina: - Played Mario games obviously but thought it was worth mentioning that I never played a game with Dr. Mario in it, or any of the main Wario and Yoshi franchise games. I also haven't played any Super Mario Galaxy games.

:ultgreninja::ultincineroar: - Again not answering the thread's question but I haven't played 6th or 7th gen Pokemon games so just throwing that out there. Watched LP's tho.

:ultbayonetta: - Nope, never played Bayonetta.

:ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultcorrin: - Didn't list Marth because I did start playing Shadow Dragon for DS on my phone through an emulator app but I didn't get very far. I'll have to continue at some point. Haven't played any other Fire Emblem games though.

:ultness: - Briefly began Mother 3 with Lucas on my phone also but barely touched it.

:ulticeclimbers: - Never played.

:ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight: - The only time I remember playing a Kirby game was in a store with some demo lol, which doesn't really count.

:ultgnw::ultrob: - Retro section where I couldn't tell ya if I ever even heard of any games they were in.

:ultfalcon: - Nope.

:ultinkling: - The games never appealed to me. *hides face*

:ultwiifittrainer::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultisabelle: - I have watched people play these games at their houses or even my own but haven't touched the controller myself. I really wanna play the new Animal Crossing when it comes out, though.

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley: - Almost bought one once though.

:ultsimon::ultrichter: - Starting to feel like an outsider here.

:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: - Maybe a list of the franchises I did play would have been shorter.

:ultshulk: - Yeah it would have.

:ultmegaman: - Don't kill me pls.

:ultsnake: - Pls.

:ultcloud: - Okay in my defense I've only ever owned Nintendo systems.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
The franchises I've never touched are Bayonetta, FF (I think), Persona, Metal Gear Solid, uh, R.O.B. if you can count that, and Pokemon.

Now, granted, some are pretty minimal, like Splatoon demos, but I think I've at least played a game in the other franchises.

Edit; Oh yeah, don't think I've played Duck Hunt.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Series I've Never Played:

Smash 64: :ultfox::ultfalcon:
Melee: :ultgnw:
Brawl: :ultrob: (I've played tons of games where he's cameo'd though) :ultsnake:
Smash 4: :ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultcloud::ultbayonetta:
Ultimate: :ultinkling: :ultjoker:

Last edited:

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
:ultmarth: Never played a Fire Emblem game. Apparently other people on this forum have. I thought FE fans were a myth.
I have not played many FE games, but I was never disappointed. Favorite is Awakening thus far.

Liked your post for that pun.

Me:
:ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultolimar::ultrob::ultshulk::ultwiifittrainer:

Pretty low count compared to most in this thread. Granted, some games I only touched for some minutes in a demo, but still.
Planning to get me some Xeno-game one day, might be my thing. Rest never bothered me much. I heard Mother is a great series, but might be too deep for me.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
At the risk of overhype, I don't think I've ever met a person who disliked F-Zero GX. Not that I'm sure they don't exist, but it's one of the very few games I would tote as being just plain well-designed, independent of "good" or "bad."

I played Blur on the PS3 recently and thought so about that, as well. It was such a criminally underrated game (devs snuffed out by Activision, specifically) that just avoided any and all of the holes that other similar games fall into.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Pretty much every FE character since strategy games like that just never really appealed to me

Star Fox just due to a lack of interest or realm exposure to any of the games

ROB, Ice Climbers, and Duck Hunt just due to being really old NES game characters and I'm too young for that

Same for G&W

Isabelle since I haven't played Animal Crossing since the GameCube title

Lucas and slightly Ness since never played Mother 3 (have watched a playthrough though) and haven't even gotten far enough in Earthbound to get a second party member. Just sort of fell off my radar I guess.

Cloud because I've never played a FF game

Ryu and Ken since I've barely touched SF Skullgirls is better

Shulk because I only rarely get into JRPGs and its limited release was definitely an issue

And technically Simon and Richter since despite being a big fan of Castlevania, I've never actually played the games they star in. Mostly just the Metroidvanias that took place after their claim to fame in the franchise (although Richter is playable in a bonus mode in Portrait of Ruin so I guess he's got that over Simon)

The rest though I have definitely played at least one game in which they are relevant, even WFT and Little Mac (<3 Punch Out Wii)

Last edited:

TreeChopperVillager

The Rubber Man Himself...
Switch FC
SW 1611 0712 3143
:ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1:Never played a Bayonetta game.
:ultcloud:Never played Final Fantasy.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: Never played Kid Icarus.
:ultsnake: I actually never played a Metal Gear Solid game.

:ultwario: WarioWare just seemed frustrating so i never bought it.
:ultgnw:Never used a Game & Watch in my Entire Life.
:ultlucas:I've played Earthbound and Mother but never played Mother 3.
:ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:I don't need an app ( not really a game ) to exercise.
:ulticeclimbers: I don't know anyone who has played Ice Climbers ( Or Ice Climber if thats the name )
:ultchrom::ultroy::ultrobinf::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultmarth::ultike: :ultcorrinf::ultcorrin:Never played Fire Emblem.
:ultridley::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss: Never played Metroid. ( Fully, Atleast. )
:ultrob: Never had R.O.B.
:ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: I played LOZ But never Ocarina of time / Majoras mask. Never played Windwaker either. Don't know what game that Zelda is from though.

:ultduckhunt: Never played Duck Hunt.
:ultwolf: I've played Star fox but not the one that has Wolf in it.
:ultshulk:Never played Xenoblade. At all.
:ultlittlemac:Only played Super Punch out.
:ultrichter: Played Castlevania but not the one with Richter in it.
:ultdoc:Never played Dr.Mario.
:ultincineroar: Never played 7th Gen. Don't know if Greninja is in 7th gen though.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I haven't played any games from the following series:

Mother
Mega Man
Bayonetta
Xenoblade
Metroid
Street Fighter
Metal Gear
R.O.B.
Wii Fit
Final Fantasy
Duck Hunt

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Haven't played games from
:ultbayonetta1::ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultness::ultgnw::ultmegaman::ultduckhunt::ultpit::ultrob::ultryu::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultsnake: (dunno about Mii Fighters, but I've played Wii Sports if that counts)

And while I've played a little bit of the following, it was brief enough that I don't really count them
:ultkirby::ultsonic::ultsamus::ulticeclimbers:

Until the other day, FF would be on this list too, but I just picked up the Switch port of IX

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Currently haven't played:
:ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultduckhunt::ultfox::ultfalco::ulticeclimbers::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultolimar::ultgnw::ultrob::ultdarksamus::ultrosalina::ultrichter::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultwolf::ultsnake:

Many of these games I plan on playing, or have watched otherwise, others are a bit too retro for me to get my hands on. (ROB, Gyromite, Stack Up, any G&W systems and Wii-Fit boards nearly cost medical bills by now.)

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1: Bayonetta.
She seems like a fun character for some over the top gameplay. A game I want to play, but there's just so many games I want to play more than Bayonetta that I'll probably never get the chance.
:ultfalcon:F-Zero
I've played my fair share of racing games, so I love going fast. However F-zero takes it to the extremes so I really want to play it sometime. Only problem is that at a glance the world and characters just don't seem interesting to me, despite being diverse. However maybe if I play the games that will change. I've seen a couple short clips of falcon and he doesn't seem as charismatic as he is in the Smash games.
:ultcloud:Final Fantasy
Well.... I did play Kingdom hearts and beat Cloud in the colloseum the first time you see him... Took waaaay too long and donald/goofy died multiple times. I don't think that counts. I also played Crystal chronicles for a short time, and I had a blast playing the Yuke despite being horribly underleveled and the glass cannon nature of their character let me be able to barely keep up with my friends that were playing other characters in terms of damages, but it'd only take a 1-3 hits to die..... I can't wait to get that for the Switch. I never played any of the regular Final Fantasy games, unless you count 5 minutes of me playing an emulator like 15 years ago and stopped immediately once I saw that it'll probably be a grindy game. I don't know anything about Final Fantasy 7 other than that Sephiroth is cool, until you find out he just wants to do what his mommy wanted to do.... He loses a few badass points for that.
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom: Fire Emblem.
At a glance it's the most generic medieval setting ever. It seems like a fun series to play when I'm out of games to play because I have enjoyed turn-based games before when I was a kid. Though I quickly fell out of Turn-based games once I decided to fight human opponents because sometimes people would just go AFK for an hour or something or because I was on dial up I'd disconnect before the game was even over. Fire Emblem has one thing going for it that interests me greatly, and that's perma-death. Some of my favorite custom made maps in Age of Empires 2 (where you could basically make whole new games with it's map editor, it was awesome), consist of me using a small band of units with one slightly stronger unit to represent the player. It makes you care so much more about the pros and cons of every unit, no matter how weak they might be. To see Fire Emblem run all the way with that concept really has my curiosity. Also hearing that certain Fire Emblems are dialogue intensive based on the characters you kept alive is interesting to me (but I'd have to remember which ones they are), but it's not to sell me on the series as a whole. I'm curious about awakening because :ultrobin:Robin and :ultlucina:Lucina seem cool and it's one of the more reccomended picks (though some say it's a terrible place to start for certain reasons). On a much much weaker note I want to see the game :ultcorrin:Corrin is from because I want to know more about this dragon person because I'm a sucker for dragons and things related to them. Yeah, pretty weak reason to play his game. Oh yeah, I did play the mobile app, and it killed my mood for Fire Emblem for a bit because that app is so grindy. I was just trying to get through the main story with the default set of characters, and then I ran into some armored knight that wiped my team out...... Twice...... Yeah I had to grind like hell after that and I just stopped playing the game because I dont have time to repeat the same mission over and over with no new thought put into it. With that said though, I'll probably play the Battletech video game to ease me back into Turn-based games. I want to see a game by the same dude that made the tabletop games that the Mechwarrior Series are based off of. Smash and Mechwarrior are the 2 franchises that follow me throughout life and I can't wait to play Battletech (i've just been busy with Smash lately)
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:Donkey Kong
It just looks like a fun platformer.... Nothing special, but there are certain music tracks that make me want to play the game. Low on my list to play, but it definitely looks like a very solid good game.
:ultfox::ultfalco:Star Fox
Technically I played Star Fox Assault, but it doesn't follow the normal formula that all the other Star Fox games go for apparently. Also, when a game kills off a bunch of recurring characters you've never seen before kinda diminishes the impact of them dieing. I loved the hell out of Star Fox Assault. Air battles felt fun. I love the super fast and precise control you had on the ground and the game is just overall explosions everywhere for fun.... Fun fact, I meant to get Star Fox Adventures, not Star Fox Assault. Though I'm happy with playing Assault first because it made me love Wolf because I'm a sucker for anti-heroes (and apparently he doesn't do that any other time).
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:Animal Crossing
I've only played the mobile app. I obtained everything that you could for a while but they just kept adding more and it's hard to just care because the app is just fetch quest the game. It's hard to stay intersted when you've heard everyone say the same thing literally thousands of times. I want to play an actual Animal Crossing game. I've heard interacting with the villagers is the main highlight of the game so once again, like Fire Emblem, the Animal Crossing app kinda pushed me away from Animal Crossing for a bit. Besides I have a hard enough time just getting time in general so Animal Crossing will eat that time up. I'd rather have Pokemon eat all my time up (and of course Smash). Since I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 3, Animal Crossing may just have to wait even longer. Kyle and Cherry are my favorites in the mobile App so far, but they might have added some I like more since then. Kinda hard though, I really really love Kyle.
:ultness::ultlucas:Earthbound/Mother
Undertale has made me very happy sometimes because it just feels good to just go through a game and make all the people happy in silly ways. Though Undertale has also made me feel depressed for weeks at the same time. So Undertale left a pretty good impact on me and if I start grinding too much in some video games, a stray thought of Undertale is good at twisting a knife in my heart to make me stop wasting my time and just go to some other game that is fun. Now I doubt Earthbound/Mother will have something like that in their games. However at a glance I really love the weird style of humor, and just how dark those games get sometimes. Technically I did play an emulator for the first Earthbound and it had some grindage in the start of the game and that was soon after A MMORPG I spent at least 4k hours in got shut down. So I was not in the mood for any type of grinding whatsoever and it turned me off to the series so hard for a while. I do have a snes classic now so I plan to play earthbound on it at some point. Though I really want to see the deal is with Lucas at some point.
:ultluigi:Luigi's Mansion
Spoopy things, and exploring everything with some silly things here and there. Sounds like it's right up my aisle. Perhaps someday I will play it. But for now, the Luigi's Mansion minigame in Nintendoland is all I have, but that minigame is so dang good.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:Kid Icarus
Just glancing at gameplay footage of the newer games, it looks like it has gameplay exactly like Star Fox. So I think I could get into it. The NES one I want to beat at some point because it looks like a solid, tough game. Don't much care for pit. I like Dark Pit because apparently I love edgy characters. Palutena is such an awesome troll from the little bit I've seen of her. No, I haven't seen Hades much at all, just people impersonating him cause youtube reccomending me things.
:ultmegaman:Megaman
I almost beat Megaman 8 (That's the one with the flame sword right?... whichever megaman had the flame sword is the one I played) and it was alright. I forgot if I beat Megaman 9 or not though but I got far and remember going "why does cement stop lava?" Outside of that, I haven't played any of the Megaman games. I do want to play the NES games though. One of the NES games I played to death when I was a kid was Legendary Wings. So occassionally when watching someone play the NES Megaman games, it's nice to hear those nostalgic sounds, and sometimes re-used things like those drill things. Megaman X games look really fun as well, but it feels like it has a totally different feel to it compared to the normal Megaman series. Not saying it's better or worse because I haven't played both to know. Megaman is definitely a solid game though.
:ultmiifighters:Any of the Mii games
I know there's a bazillion different games but I dont know all the titles. However they usually seem like fun simple games. Probably a series I'd want to have on hand for when people who normally play video games want to play it for fun.
:ultgnw:Mr Game and Watch
I did enjoy games similar to that of game and watch because they were portable and much smaller. However once you get a gameboy or anything past that, there's not a whole lot of reason to play those games. They are fun, but you could be having so much more fun.
:ultryu::ultken: Street Fighter
I haven't really thoroughly played Street Fighter. I don't know all the special moves and such. I did beat street fighter 2 as a kid. And getting my butt handed to me by my friend that gave me street fighter 4 (using Guile, Abel, Cammy, and his main Ken). At least I did okay for not being able to use any special moves. Vega was my character of choice cause mask + claw + speed + unpredictability is nice..... Too bad he's a slimeball. Maybe one day I will pick up Street Fighter, but Smash is just so much more fun to watch and play by comparison that I don't really see a good reason to play Street Fighter. I will definitely use Ken a bit before going into Street Fighter so I can ease myself into using special inputs though.
:ultshulk:Xenoblade
Xenoblade seems like a fun game, but there's too much grinding in it for me to actually play it sadly. Luckily Chugga Conroy did an in-depth playthrough on Xenoblade so I could really like all the stuff in Xenoblade. I liked Shulk before he swapped personalities with Rein. Him going all anime half way through the story left me scratching my head. Music and scenery in the games is awesome though. I did technically play the tutorial of Xenoblade Chronicles X. However, I ran out of things to do that I could easily do around my level without doing randomly spawned side quests so I just gave up because grinding sucks..... But it was fun sneaking around people that were way too high level for me to deal with though.
:ultsimon::ultrichter:Castlevania
Technically I played the first one a couple times. First time I hated it because I need to have good control of my characters. Then once someone said it's more like a puzzle game, then it was much more enjoyable with that mindset. I only did the first 4 levels though. So I practically haven't played it. I really want to play the castlevania games. I love the spoops, I love the challenge, I love that it makes you want to think with your head on how you want to approach. With that said though, I want to play Symphony of the Night so bad because Alucard is just so fuggin cool. Though supposedly you are just mainly wailing on enemies instead of figuring them out which could be a problem.
:ultsnake:Metal Gear
5 minutes on the Metal Gear game on the NES doesn't count! I am curious to play this game. It seems to toy with seriousness, and being incredibly silly a lot. I want to play it from the beginning and go through to see why people love the games so much. Also to see what people see in snake aside from a hardened soldier that all the characters in the game admire..... On a side note I want to play rising revengeance because it just seems like fun over-the-top action, but more importantly I want to play as blade wolf before he became blade wolf (I forgot his name). It's very rare to see games where you can play as a quadruped (I've heard in some dev commentaries that it's a pain in the arse to animate so that's probably why) and I like seeing what games can do with it. Also he is more on the stealth side since he isn't crazy overpowered like Raiden is and I love stealth games.
:ultwario:Wario and his many series
Like every single game with Wario looks fun. It's like they didn't care about making sense and just focused on gameplay and did weird stuff. I am particularly curious about the Wario Ware series because it looks like a fun party game. Also Wario Ware on the Wii U ACTUALLY USES THE WII U PAD WELL! So congrats on people making Wario games because most of Nintendo just totally ignored the Wii U game pad and it just baffles me so hard.
:ultyoshi:Yoshi's Island/story/whatever
Cute games that look like a fun time. Definitely want to play it sometime. Dunno when I'll get the chance though.

Of course I want to play more games in all the series I've played games in of course. Play ALL the games! Using the Switch to basically get my first taste on series I haven't played in a long time, or are completely new to me. Top of the list right now is Pokemon. For a series so near to my heart, I never interact with it much (blame it on the neck aches from playing on gameboys and that one time I tried to catch shinies of all pokemon). I haven't played a pokemon game since Gen 3!

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
F-Zero is all gameplay. The story is an afterthought--if you get any entertainment out of GX's story, it'll be from how laughably terrible it is. You get more story out of reading the character profiles, which are a lot of fun, but really have nothing to do with the game.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
:ultcloud::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultryu::ultsimon::ultsnake:and Joker (Persona/Shin Megami Tensei)

There are others I've only played a little of but these I've never played any of

But I will point out I've never owned R.O.B. but I mess around on a friend's hacked NES mini which had Gyromite and Stack-Up.

And Awakening is the only Fire Emblem game I've played

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:ultbayonetta: I only played a little bit of the first game.
:ultness::ultlucas: Played EarthBound only once and never went back to it. Obviously never played Mother 3 because it’s Japan exclusive.
:ultgnw: I didn’t even know Game & Watch was a thing back then so I’ve never touched one.
:ultolimar: Only played Pikmin 3 but never finished it.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena: Never heard of these games prior to Uprising, which I did played.
:ultrob: Never owned an NES nor a R.O.B. accessory.
:ultsamus: Super Metroid is the only game in the series I’ve played.
:ultsimon::ultrichter: Never played one in the series but I’m thinking about downloading Castlevania: Requeim on the PS4.
:ultsonic: Can’t say I have. Not really a Sonic guy, or Sega guy in general.
:ultwario: I only played that one WarioWare game on the Game Boy Advance. Can’t remember what it’s called.
:ultwiifittrainer: No, never. Not interested either.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Never played:

:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultsnake:
:ultrob:
:ultlittlemac:
:ultinkling:
:ultdoc:
:ultbayonetta:

Played just a little:

:ulticeclimbers:- First few levels or so
:ultcloud:- The first game a little maybe, and a bit of Crystal Chronicles on GameCube
:ultmegaman:- First level of MegaMan 2 I think? **** is brutal!! Also there was a flash game of Mega Man I loved when I was younger... I dunno if it was a original game or not, but played exactly like it.
:ultsonic:- One particular GBA game. I liked playing as Tails and Knuckles way more I remember haha.
:ultpacman:- The arcade game.
:ultryu:- At friends houses
:ultsimon:- One particular DS game, didn’t star either Simon or Richter.
:ultfalcon:- GBA game and SNES game through emulator. Also a bit of a GameCube game but so remember being horrible at it.
:ultvillager:- DS game.
:ultmiifighters:- Wii Sports, where nobody would beat me at boxing.

All other franchises I have actively played games on and finished most that I started.

R O F L

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta: - No interest.
:ultpikachu: - I actually have never played Pokemon.
:ultrob: - Duh
:ultpit: - Unless you count the 10 seconds I started to play that game and then quit after for obvious reasons.
:ultmarth: - No interest.
:ultryu: - I played a demo of SF2 at Walmart. :upsidedown:
:ultshulk: - No interest. And I actually dislike the character design, too, so that doesn't help.
:ultfox: - No interest.
:ultness: - I want to play Earthbound, but never got to it. I'll get in on Wii U VC eventually.
:ultsimon: - no
:ultwiifittrainer: - no
:ultsonic: - no
:ultcloud: - No interest
:ultsnake: - no

Played Little Bits:
:ultfalcon: - Played the SNES one a tiny bit.
:ultyoshi: - Never played a Yoshi game besides the NES game named Yoshi.
:ultsamus: - Played the NES a tiny bit.
:ultgnw: - Played Ball on 3DS Sound.

Last edited:

Rhus

We're going top speed!
:ultbayonetta: No interest.
:ultfalcon:Played GX a little when I was younger but that's it. I played the SNES one a little on the Wii U VC, however.
:ultcloud:I've owned mostly Nintendo consoles for my life, so I never got into FF.
:ulticeclimbers:I think most of us here haven't played their native game much at all.
:ultisabelle:Literally no interest in Animal Crossing.
:ultlittlemac:No good reason why, just haven't played it.
:ultmegaman:Again, no good reason, just never got into his games.
:ultgnw:As Ice Climbers
:ultrob:As Ice Climbers
:ultryu:Was never super into this style of fighting game, but I respect it.
:ultsamus:This is a weird one - I think I would thoroughly enjoy her games (especially the 2D ones) but I have never indulged.
:ultsnake:Similar reasons as Cloud.
:ultsonic:No interest. Don't like the character much either.
:ultyoshi:Played a ton of the SNES game, hated every entry since.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
:ultdoc: I've played multiple Mario games but not Dr. Mario.

:ultinkling: Never played Splatoon. Not interested since I'm not big into multiplayer games.

:ultgnw: Never was able to play a Game and Watch game. There are some on the 3ds eshop so maybe one day.

:ultolimar: Never played Pikmin. Intrigued though.

:ultrob: Never played Gyromite or Stack up.

:ultwario: Never played any Wario based game.

:ultwiifittrainer: Missed out on Wii Fit during its craze.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Never played:
:ultgnw::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultsimon::ultsnake::ultdoc::ultrichter::ultcloud::ultvillager::ultlucas::ultwiifittrainer::ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultisabelle: Joker

Played:
:ultpacman::ultmario::ultdk::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultpiranha::ultsamus::ultridley::ultryu::ultken::ultmegaman::ultdaisy::ultyoshi::ultfalcon::ultsonic::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultwario::ultmetaknight::ultness::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultbowserjr::ultzss::ultdarksamus::ultmiifighters::ultrosalina:

Favourite franchises:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultmarth::ultfox::ultfalco::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultwolf::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultpichu::ultolimar::ultroy::ulttoonlink::ultike::ultlucario::ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultcorrin::ultincineroar:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultbayonetta:: My relatives played Bayonetta and said I never should
:ultfalcon:
:ultcloud:: Planning on getting FF7 on Switch
:ultdk:: I'm probably going to get tropical freeze soon though
:ultdoc:
:ultfox:: Hoping for a new and better game to try out
:ulticeclimbers:
:ultisabelle:: Hoping AC 2019 is good
:ultmarth:: I have met a grand total of three (3) people in my life who have ever played FE. One of whom said Fates was an "anime mistake" and that the series should have stopped on a happy note after Awakening, and another said that the series overall is mediocre. I'm probably going to try out 3 Houses though.
:ultmegaman:
:ultmiifighters:: Do the Wii series count? if so, then I've played a mii game.
:ultness:: I really, really want to get into this series more.
:ultpikachu:: Gonna get sword/shield though.
:ultpit:
:ultrob:: Technically not a game
:ultryu:
:ultsamus:: Gonna get Super Metroid soon
:ultshulk:: Gonna get XC2 soon
:ultsimon:: Probably going to get Symphony of the Night
:ultsonic:: Never been interested
:ultwario:

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
:ultfalcon: Only briefly, so it doesn't count
:ulticeclimbers: retro
:ultgnw: very retro
:ultsnake: even growing up with a PlayStation I never played MGS
:ultrob: retro
:ultvillager: way too casual, even for me
:ultwiifittrainer: obvious if you've seen me irl lol
:ultduckhunt: retro
:ultryu: eh....
(Persona when Joker comes)

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
oooo fun!

Played: I'll go in order of games i've played first to last

:ultkirby:(baby CAO's first video game~):ultmario:+:ultduckhunt:(cccombo):ultpacman::ultmegaman:(all except the megaman zero stuff):ultsamus::ultpit:(nes only)
icons8-triforce-48.png
(Zelda 2 the adventures of link first, got stuck in the opening castle it was a rental so feels badman, and then only handhelds until windwaker)
:ultsonic:(played cd on old pc first then every game except handhelds and once things got 3D, we (royal we) touched blast and Adventure then realized that 3D just isn't Sonics thing if speed is going to still be a big part of the franchise without changing core gameplay) tldr Sonic in 3D space feels bad man
:ultdk:(I don't even like donkey kong):ultyoshi:(yoshi cookies first, touch fuzzy get dizzy~)
iconfinder_Pokeball_66543.png
(who the hell hasn't touched a pokemon game?)
:ultfox:(never owned but played 64 at relatives house sometimes? does that count??)
:ultryu::ultwario::ultcloud:
:ultsnake:(3 only EDIT: I did play a bit of 2 and I did play 4 entirely as well):ultvillager::ultmiifighters:(wii sports and mii plaza garbage)

Not Played:
(though I feel like I have?) :ultrob:(my nes was handmedown from relatives, they kept it, so I didn't even know it came with one):ulticeclimbers:(touched it):ultlittlemac:
:ultness:(hated playing it so stopped half way, easy since it was a rental from blockbuster anyway, aw sad there's only one in Oregon left)
:ultfox:(changed my mind, i'll put it here. I thought it was a bad game anyway. You know things are bad when you prefer Panzer Dragoonon the SS to it)
:ultsimon::ultfalcon:(played like two minutes of it then realized their racing games blow more than we did into NES cartridges, Mario Kart was the superior game)
:ultmarth:(played the first one on emulator... hated the first 30 minutes of gameplay and haven't touched the franchise since so I'm putting it here)

:ultolimar:(wanted to but meh):ultwiifittrainer:(not fit boys):ultbayonetta1:(?is that some kind of pokemon?):ultshulk:(didn't get to really feel it) :ultinkling:(?is that some kind of pokemon?)
Phantom_Thieves_Logo.png (...shin megami tensei spinoff?)

... I think that's all the current represented franchises... probably?... wait this is based on characters only right? 'Cause, stickers errr um I mean spirits, items and assist trophies also represent other franchises to the extent that I wouldn't want to make a list that large cause ew... But anyway~

Thanks for this , it was fun remembering the good old days~

Attachments

Last edited:

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
:ultrob: - Like almost everyone in here.

:ultincineroar: - After being okay with Pokemon for so long, thinking the series had only got better over time in comparison to the kinda derivative Gen 1, the 3DS Gens actually made me lose interest in the series. XY was the first I didn't replay, ORAS was the first I didn't finish, SM was the first I didn't buy.

Everything else I have played, I am very eclectic and like to try all sorts of things. Some just through re-releases, virtual console or emulation though, especially :ultgnw:

D

Deleted member

There are now many, many franchises represented in Smash Bros., Nintendo and otherwise. If ever there was any shame in not knowing anything about one of these series, now more than ever can it be safely dispelled. So go ahead. Post your shame. Which series in this game have you never even touched?

:ultbayonetta: Never played a Bayonetta game.

:ultcloud: I tried FF1 and FF7 for about... 5 minutes each.

:ultfox: Never played a Star Fox game.

:ultness: Never played a Mother game.

:ultpit: Nope. Not even the NES one.

:ultryu: I've never played a Street Fighter. Crazy, right?

:ultsamus: Never played a Metroid game.

:ultsimon: Never played a Castlevania game.

:ultvillager: Never played Animal Crossing... BUT, I'm interested. Switch one'll happen.

:ultshulk: Sorry, Shulk.

:ultmiifighters: I am ashamed to say that I have played Wii Sports.

:ultrob: I am not ashamed to say that I have never owned a R.O.B.
:ultisabelle:- Never played a single AC game. MIGHT pick up the 2019 one, but doubt it. not a big fan of sim games.

:ultbayonetta:- same as above

:ultpit:- Nope

:ultfalcon:- Not surprising, considering the last game was on the 64

:ultcloud:- Didn't play his game(s), but I did play XV for like 1-2 hours.

:ulticeclimbers:- See F-Zero(ala Captain Falcon)

:ultryu:- never played Street Fighter, and not interested.

:ultsimon:- See above

:ultdarksamus:- See above

:ultolimar:- See above

:ultdoc:- See Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon

:ultduckhunt:- Not interested

:ultmetaknight:- Not interested

:ultsnake:- Kinda interested, but meh

:ultlittlemac:- No. Just no.

:ultrob:- never owned one of these.

:ultrosalina:- Never played the 2 Galaxy games.(except for the first lvl of 1 lol)

:ultzelda:- Only played BOTW and tiny amounts of various others(mainly Tri-force Heroes)

:ultyounglink:- Am I the only one who hates Ocarina? really bland to me.

:ultsonic:- Two words:
Modern Sonic

:ultmegaman:- Not interested

:ultfalco:- Neet concept, but meh

:ultness:- not a big fan

:ultike:- only played FE Heroes and the demo of Awakening. not a whole lol.

:ultwario:-not counting his Mario appearances, the only game was Shake-it!(which I was stupidly bad at and didn't get past like the 2nd lvl of the whole game)

:ultyoshi:- not interested

:ultgnw:- yeah I doubt anyone really has played most of the games.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta. I really never had any interest. I should at least see what it is all about. And also Icarus. Same thing...no interest and I should just try it.

And the sad thing is I never played Xenoblade and I have Xenoblade for the switch still in the dang plastic. I've been meaning to get to it. I just have so many other games I've put on hold and want to finish first. I watched a YT clip and everyone screaming when a battle was going on was so disorienting.

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Bayonetta. I really never had any interest. I should at least see what it is all about. And also Icarus. Same thing...no interest and I should just try it.

And the sad thing is I never played Xenoblade and I have Xenoblade for the switch still in the dang plastic. I've been meaning to get to it. I just have so many other games I've put on hold and want to finish first. I watched a YT clip and everyone screaming when a battle was going on was so disorienting.
Bayonetta is bad. You should skip it. NES Icarus is fun. 3DS Icarus is not as fun. Still fun, but you can save a lot of time just by never playing it. Get to your other games first before you get to Xenoblade. I hear it’s a time sink.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta::ultbayonetta1: Never got around to it, I am thinking about it though.
:ultfalcon: I was too young when the last one came out.
:ultcloud: Always been Nintendo so never really had a chance. I might play 12 though.
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:See Bayonetta
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf:Never appealed to me
:ultness::ultlucas:
:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena:
:ultrob:I wasn't even born yet when this was a thing.
:ultsimon::ultrichter:
Also Persona, I've never played a Persona game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom