• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which CPU character from Brawl do you think was the most OP

vinson12

Smash Cadet
My personal opinion is that both Pit and Pikachu where OP, because there moves where easy to learn, spam and hard to block, also the CPU almost always won with them, which is usally a sign of an OP character. In smash bros 4 they really need top be toned down. Your thoughts?

vinson12

Smash Cadet
I've heard some people say Luigi was OP, but I never really saw it for some reason.

Yea, I recall luigi was a pain due to his aerials. Hit him with a relatively laggy move when he is at lower percents and you get hit by a Fair or Nair. Something to that effect. Oh, and PS fsmash lol

MR. K

Smash Journeyman
please let this be a trolls topic...please dear god don't let the topic creator be serious...

vinson12

Smash Cadet
please let this be a trolls topic...please dear god don't let the topic creator be serious...
Oh God please tell me your joking, what about this topic doesn't sound serious to you? I'm simply asking people which characters where overpowered in Brawls and could be nerfed some in the next installment. You didn't need to respond in such an immature way.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
This thread is dumb (the answer for literally everyone is MK), but this does raise a good question; who is the CPU best as?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I've had a friend actually do some research on this.

I don't think anyone's going to contest Luigi is the best CPU vs. Human. However, through a good amount of research, it was actually determined that Pikachu is the best CPU vs. CPU, mainly because CPUs don't know how to avoid edgeguard Thunder, which is a HUGE problem.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Another things CPUs do is they always roll to the edge. For example if you use Snake's Dthrow, Mr. Game & Watches Dthrow, and Ganon's Flame Choke they always roll to the edge which means you can keep repeating over and over until their percentage is high enough then KO them from there,

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Oh God please tell me your joking, what about this topic doesn't sound serious to you? I'm simply asking people which characters where overpowered in Brawls and could be nerfed some in the next installment. You didn't need to respond in such an immature way.
Man this is some next level meta trolling or something.

In all seriousness, no character should be nerfed in a whole-sale way. With the next game having entirely different mechanics, refocusing design and buffing the bad characters (Mario, Luigi, Ganon, etc.) would be a much more productive design mentality.

The real answer to the question at hand is that Metaknight is the best overall character in the game, but it in no way means that he or anyone else should be nerfed.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Meta Knight is pretty much the only character that needs nerfing, but at the same time not dramatically like Kirby between Smash 64 and Melee. Everyone else being nerfed is optional, and there should be a notable emphasis on improving the mediocre stuff first and foremost.

vinson12

Smash Cadet
Ike is clearly the most OP character in this game. His fsmash needs to be nerfed.
His smash is easy to miss with, also Ike is fairly slow and has a horrible recovery, so it ballances out.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I can second John12346 on that. Our friend has done extensive research, conducting many, many tournaments between CPUs (when he's bored) and keeping an excel sheet of all the data and MUs. Pika's the best CPU against other CPUs, and then Olimar, and then it's a toss-up between MK, Zelda, and Pika.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Captain Falcon. He can KO a GIANT R.O.B with just one Falcon Punch. If that's not overpowered, what is?

:falcon:

:phone:

Smockers

Smash Apprentice
Lvl9 Peach can be a real *****
Nah man. Shield the moving ground-floated fair/bair/nair and punish accordingly. It uses that a lot against my Peach idk. Those insta-nairs are pretty OP. And I always get mindgamed by that Parasol...

But Lv. 9 Luigi really is a b**** tho. Lands those Super Jump Punches clean like it's nothing.

And can we talk about those replacement CPUs online in Basic Brawl when you don't have 4 players? Because oddly, sometimes they can actually be more of a pain than normal, which is like :urg:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Seeing as this seems to revolve mainly around CPU characters at this point, I'm gonna go ahead and move it to 1-Player Mode.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
both Pit and Pikachu where OP, because there moves where easy to learn, spam and hard to block, also the CPU almost always won with them, which is usally a sign of an OP character.
Well, having difficult fighting the CPU has little or nothing to do with how good a character actually is person vs person.

And I can say with all my heart Pit is not overpowered. Also the CPU winning is not a sign of an OP character.

Understanding the concept of a tier list and what it is actually saying is always good

:awesome:

But figuring out who the hardest CPU is, is a good topic

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yeah but it is too bad the CPU has no trouble interfering when you're trying to edge guard. Since they'll hit you with no regard. Also the funny this is when they "accidentally" grab you they'll still pummel you for extra damage before they throw unless you can mash out before then. Although when it comes to CPU I don't think anyone can admit they never seen a Zelda be able to land sweet spot forward and back aerial attacks like nothing.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Seeing as this seems to revolve mainly around CPU characters at this point, I'm gonna go ahead and move it to 1-Player Mode.
But why? The OP and title seem to suggest that the main topic is supposed to be about CPUs. :ohwell:

The real question is, what CPU would YOU team up with in a tournament. M2K took one with Level 9 Luigi in Melee.
ChuDat got, like, 2nd or 3rd at one with Level 9 Peach in Melee.

Lvl 9 CPUs in Brawl tend to know their true combos. XD

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
But why? The OP and title seem to suggest that the main topic is supposed to be about CPUs. :ohwell:

CPU character discussion tends to fall under training mode which is already fitted to this sub forum.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
The most brilliant CPU in Brawl stands no chance against a CPU with a handicap (ie more then one, giant, metal, etc)

Seriously, whoever thought Advent of the Evil King was an OK decision must've been fired by Sakurai for making easy mode being normal mode for events, normal mode is hard mode, and hard mode is a nightmare. This isn't casual-oriented! This is, this is...

WHAT THE HELL, GAME?

Vale

Smash Ace
I just played against Toon Link twice and lost (and it barely even uses projectiles), quickly followed by 2-stocking Luigi. I have no idea what you all are talking about.

Exodo

Smash Ace
I personally think that Luigi is the most OP cpu in Brawl, i dont know why but I always loose against him level 9 while all the other characters level 9 seem to be easier.

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
I dunno, over the years, I've noticed that I struggle the most against Level 9 Olimar and Wolf. Sometimes Marth or Luigi.

Gnight

Smash Journeyman
Going from Melee to Brawl, I like how CPU Luigi went from one of the worst to the best.

Top Bottom