• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which company will provide the next DLC character?

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Something of note when it comes to the DLC characters so far is that they come from far different parent companies.
Joker-SEGA
Hero-Square Enix
Banjo-Kazooie-Microsoft
Terry Bogard-SNK

So, what companies do you guys think will give the next rep, given that they aren't part of the above list?
I think that there are a few possibilities.

Activision- One of the most likely in my opinion.
Can Supply- Crash, Spyro
History with Nintendo- HD re-releases of Crash and Spyro released on modern consoles

Ubisoft- Another strong possibility
Can supply- Rayman, Rabbids
History with Nintendo- Long, dating back to Game Boy, extending to and through Mario & Rabbids

Capcom- Would not be hard to do, but has been done before.
Can supply- Phoenix Wright, various others
History with Nintendo- Has had occasional games on Nintendo hardware, but connection to Smash is arguably most important-shown through Ryu and Megaman

id Software- Less likely, but still possible
Can supply- DoomGuy
History with Nintendo- Re-release of Doom 64, Doom Eternal on Switch

Blizzard- Used to be likely, but now quite unlikely
Can Supply- Overwatch characters
History with Nintendo- Suprisingly very long, dating back to the SNES with a Superman IP.
Why the dip? See link-https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...lic-event-to-promote-switch-overwatch-launch/ -explains everything in quick fashion.

Epic Games- Has a distinct possibility, which terrifies me
Can Supply- Fortnite stuff
History with Nintendo-Fortnite on Switch

So, did I leave anything out? What odds do you think these companies out? Could it possibly involve a second-party dev like Game Freak or HAL laboratories?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Phoenix Wright would be amazing.

Hoping we get Master Chief from Microsoft in DLC pack 2.

Other than that, I think Ubisfot/Rayman has a solid chance.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
Blizzard- Used to be likely, but now quite unlikely
Can Supply- Overwatch characters
History with Nintendo- Suprisingly very long, dating back to the SNES with a Superman IP.
Why the dip? See link-https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019...lic-event-to-promote-switch-overwatch-launch/ -explains everything in quick fashion.
I guarantee you that such a recent and transient event is not going to affect DLC choice. They've certainly already chosen and started development on #5. If it is a Blizzard character, they're not going to stop that for something that'll blow over in a couple weeks.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Scorpion is my pipedream and would break all the barriers.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Tracer Overwatch from Blizzard.
As if! :rotfl: Seriously speaking, this is too difficult.... maybe Doomguy?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
In no particular order:
Disney-
Sora

Bethesda
Dragonborn( My hope), Doom Guy

Tecmo Koei:
Ryu Hyabusa, Any Nintendo warrior OC

Platinum Games
Wonderful 101

Blizzard's still on the table since discussions have long since past and the character would've already been significantly worked on by now
Overwatch character, Some Diablo character, Ummmmm.... some other Blizzard IP I guess? Not too familiar with what they make

Bandai Namco
Llyod, Hiatchi, Nightmare(Please?), Or maybe even Jin

Ubisoft
Rayman, Rabbids, Assassin's Creed MC

That's all off of the top of my head.

My criteria for the list is wholly dependant on how much support any company gives to Nintendo and the Switch. Ranging anywhere from the number of games they release on the switch, how many of those games are exclusives (with the outlier being Microsoft for obvious reasons) and any prior partnerships they may have had with Nintendo.

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Bandai Namco - Klonoa, King, Red Savarin, Ivy or Nightmare

Capcom- Jon Talbain or Amaterasu

Konami - Yugo

Nether Realm Studios - Scorpion with all the other ninjas as his alts

Ubisoft - Rayman

Others - Doom guy, Lara Croft, Dante, 2B, Ryu Hayabusa

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I'm just gonna prepare myself for disappointment ahead of time and guess they'll be a Japanese dev.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Hopefully Bethesda with Doom Slayer, then I'm hoping all additional DLC is Nintendo characters.

Top Bottom