• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which characters need to be featured in trailers?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
With Smash 4 it seemed like the same ensemble was in every reveal trailer. Ultimate seems to be doing it differently.

Is there a certain character u wish would finally be featured in a character reveal trailer?

I got Dedede at last, need Wario featured due to his amazing expressions.

Tons of characters got the shaft they need to hit.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Robin hasn't been in a trailer yet, but with how characters are now dying in them, I'm fine with him not making any appearances. There's honestly a LOT of characters that haven't appeared in trailers, come to think of it. I'd like to see more than just the original 64 cast in them.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
In any other hype cycle, I would've said Yoshi. It's a crime that he hasn't been in these CG trailers yet.

But now that being in these trailers could be proven fatal, I'm like "um, on second though, I'm good :yoshi:"

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oh my, Your profile pic was not something I needed reminding existed

I want a nice variety in Skull Kids trailer. Pikachu and Pichu, Peach and Daisy. A nice variety. As they flee for their life before getting crushed under the moon

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh my, Your profile pic was not something I needed reminding existed

I want a nice variety in Skull Kids trailer. Pikachu and Pichu, Peach and Daisy. A nice variety. As they flee for their life before getting crushed under the moon
I'd rather see Peach getting swept into the sky by a tornado, with Mario chasing after her, but getting left behind. Off in the distance, he sees Peach being caught by a strange purple-clad elf-like man at the tornado's peak — VAATI STORMS INTO BATTLE!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I believe Rosalina should be in Geno's trailer if he get's revealed because he is a star spirit sent from Star Road and she is like the mother of the Lumas.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Cloud should at least be in one. I literally don’t even care if he dies in one I just want him in full CGI, I’m a bit disappointed his Smash 4 DLC trailer only used gameplay footage, with the first few seconds set up in a way to invoke FFVII nostalgia

Which don’t get me wrong I’m ok with the throwbacks alone but him not being in full CGI just isn’t the same

Last edited:

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
I'd like to see Olimar get in one. It was nice seeing him show up in Greninja's.

Honestly they should kill him off like they did Mario/Mega Man/Luigi. Let his helmet crack and have him suffocate.

Brawl/Smash

Smash Rookie
I still don't get why we haven't gotten Sonic in a trailer !At first I thought it was because he's third party,but Megaman has been highlighted favorable like he's Mario's cousin lol, so I don't get why Sonic seems so shafted ! I like/want the novelty of him interacting with "Nintendo" characters to still be highlighted I guess.And with the way the cutscenes in Ultimate are rendered with this sort of new/fresh vibrant yet still true to essence of the characters look like in the K.rool trailer I'd think Sonic would look great ! And he's over due for one,he hasn't had a cinematic trailer at all ! The closet thing we got was his cutscene in Subspace and that was epic.His model,his mannerisms,Nintendo nailed the sass of Sonic in that scene almost stronger then anything's Sega's done (which is still really conflicting )so give the homie Sonic his MCU Spidey treatment for a while.:ultsonic:

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
Given the state of Sonic's moveset, I just don't think the Smash team cares about Sonic. Which is kind of weird, given how his inclusion in Smash is a bigger deal than any of the other third parties.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I kinda wanna see Palutena so I could study more of her moveset, but that doesn't seem likely until we see character dialogue in trailers (which would be more fitting as KIU was known for lots of dialogue and voiceovers). I may be satisfied with Pit at least. Still, if Palu is to be shown, it'd easily have to be in a KI character reveal trailer (if we're getting one).

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
I kinda wanna see Palutena so I could study more of her moveset, but that doesn't seem likely until we see character dialogue in trailers (which would be more fitting as KIU was known for lots of dialogue and voiceovers). I may be satisfied with Pit at least. Still, if Palu is to be shown, it'd easily have to be in a KI character reveal trailer (if we're getting one).
Remember in SSE where Palutena had a five-second silent cameo and disappeared from the plot forever? She's come a long way.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Has :ultfox: really appeared in any? I feel like he would have made sense over Mario in Ridley's trailer. :ultyoshi: Needs more love too.

But it's Mario and him being in most of them makes sense, and I'm fine with it.

I personally would rather see the mascots of the game (original 64 vets) in these even if it's like, Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby and DK who have been in a bunch over newer characters to the series making appearances but maybe that's just because what I'm used to, I'm all for everyone getting a cool nod in a cinematic, :ultfalcon:'s in :ultrobin/:ultlucina:'s trailer was dope.

:ultmegaman: Has been in more than enough though.

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
Has :ultfox: really appeared in any? I feel like he would have made sense over Mario in Ridley's trailer. :ultyoshi: Needs more love too.

But it's Mario and him being in most of them makes sense, and I'm fine with it.

I personally would rather see the mascots of the game (original 64 vets) in these even if it's like, Mario, Link, Samus, Kirby and DK who have been in a bunch over newer characters to the series making appearances but maybe that's just because what I'm used to, I'm all for everyone getting a cool nod in a cinematic, :ultfalcon:'s in :ultrobin/:ultlucina:'s trailer was dope.

:ultmegaman: Has been in more than enough though.
Yeah, they really overplay Mega Man. Ever notice how they keep using his Final Smash as the closer for their clip shows?

Matoi

Smash Apprentice
Toon Link!
Wii Fit Trainer
Wolf
Ice Climebrs
Zelda
Daisy
Ganondorf
Marth
Ike

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I just want fewer Kirby charactes in the trailers - seems like Kirby and Dedede show up in nearly all of them.

Would love to see Captain Falcon make an appearance for Ultimate - same with Sonic and Mewtwo

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
I just want fewer Kirby charactes in the trailers - seems like Kirby and Dedede show up in nearly all of them.

Would love to see Captain Falcon make an appearance for Ultimate - same with Sonic and Mewtwo
Dedede showed up in literally one.

Agreed about Kirby though. I'll give Mario a pass since he's the mascot, but Link, Samus, Kirby, and DK need to be given a rest.

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
Didn't Bowser only show up in Shulk's trailer?

I guess he might have had a brief cameo as a kart driver in Rosalina's, but that hardly counts.

EDIT: Wait no he was in Duck Hunt's too. Guess he's been featured a bunch.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
:ultpeach::ultolimar::ultwolf::ultike::ultgreninja:...

Wait... this just turns into my favorites. Also I don't know if I want to risk their safety.

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I'm still dying to see Yoshi in one of these, but not so much that I'd want Yoshi to actually die in it. Somehow I doubt they'd do that with Yoshi though. It also depends on which character is revealed. Keep in mind Ridley is a super murderous ******* in the first place, and Castlevania is really dark, so characters dying in their trailers makes.. sense, and it's not the new standard. Or do you expect anyone to be speared through the heart by Bandana Waddle Dee's spear or something, if he were to be revealed? :laugh: (Not saying I expect this character by the way, just giving an example.)

Aside from Yoshi, I also wanna see Fox to complete the original 8 cast appearing in these trailers, but Fox at least had the Smash 4 reveal trailer, which showed all the original 8 in a short clip at the start... except for Yoshi who was replaced by Pit, because of course he was.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
I believe Rosalina should be in Geno's trailer if he get's revealed because he is a star spirit sent from Star Road and she is like the mother of the Lumas.
I agree, especially make it seem like she was the “higher authority” all along. :grin:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
So far, :ultfox:(K.Rool and E3 2013 don’t count) :ultyoshi::ultness:& :ultjigglypuff: are the only original 12 members who have not been featured in a CGI character trailer yet.

:ultwario: needs to be in Banjo’s trailer, collecting gold and finding a Jiggy.

:ultsonic: I’m suprised hasn’t been in a CGI trailer yet while :ultmegaman: has, twice!(probably cause SEGA’s being an *** or something)

Last edited:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
I personally loved how hilarious the King. K Rool trailer was, especially with how DK and Diddy reacted. I would love the next character reveals to have that kind of humor and energy, and I feel characters like Wario, Kirby, and even Villager could work. Or have very serious characters like Snake or Cloud and have them react to an odd moment.

Ardisan

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see :ultsonic: get in a trailer and get killed by... anyone really. It would also be sweet to see Ness or Lucas in a trailer somehow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Shadow gets the playable promotion, it would feel criminal if his trailer (assuming that he follows Isabelle's route), doesn't have Sonic in it.

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
I'd love to see my boys Ike and Ganondorf fully realized in gorgeous Ultimate CGI.
I'm pretty sure neither of them appeared in any Smash 4 CG trailers either.

Snake would also be rad.

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
These fellas would be too good to pass up, especially for comedy: :ultfalcon:(:ultpalutena::ultpit: together):ultwario::ultwolf::ultwiifittrainer:
And if Skull Kid is truly in the game, these ones just make sense (not necessary tho): :ultyounglink::ultganondorf:

Top Bottom