• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Characters Impress You Most?

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
In Smash Bros, some characters are spammy, some have annoying playstyles, and some are just downright overpowered.

When I lose to an opponent who primarily uses a characters most annoying features, I find it hard to respect their skill level. (i.e. If you PK fire’d 75 times during the match, you may be able to beat me, but I don’t respect your skills).

However, some characters are very impressive when controlled by great players. When I get my butt whooped by an amazing Ryu player who uses his entire kit to its fullest, I say “wow, this guy’s good!”

Which characters do you find most impressive to watch when played at an elite level? Which characters require truly high Smash skills to be great with?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy Kong. Yet I only impress myself lol. A mighty DK is majestic as well. Same with K.Rool.

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
King K Rool. The Smash devs took a comical campy villain and somehow made him into a John Wick tier badass. His swag is off the charts.

Last edited:

ps_

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much any character taken to their absolute limits impresses me. Some characters are junk and some characters are overtuned, so I only respect the players.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Duck Hunt and Pac Man. I can't get mad when I lose against them.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I once lost to a Kirby online and I was pretty happy since they were really good and I knew they were on their way to Elite Smash, it's always nice to see more Kirbys online.

Same for Incineroar. I got bodied by one earlier (I was Lucina and misinputed dancing blade offstage and SD'd so I was down a stock which really sucked). They played really well, and later I tried it out and damn Incineroar can get some cheesy kills if you play him right (he's still mediocre though).

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Ganondorf. They managed to make every single blow you hit feel and sound so meaty and satisfying. They truly mastered the sound design on him.

Idiocy_Headquarters

Smash Rookie
I just have this submissive respect for pro Jigglypuff and PAC-MAN players. I always lose to Jigglypuffs, and it's usually a win for me against PAC-MEN, but when I do lose, I have absolutely no anger or salt against them. They just always know how to play their character.

D

Deleted member

Not quite an easy answer, this. Yes, :ultbayonetta1::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultdaisy: are my girls for life but every newcomer here in Ultimate impresses me. In fact, this is true for its predecessors, beginning with Melee. New tech, mechanisms, and abilities are added each installment, which convinces me to tinker with them. All the more reason for me to get this game and a damn Switch...and soon. I am missing out on the fun here!

Sayonara :kirby:

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Piranha Plant because anyone who plays him is an absolute unit

Top Bottom