• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's our results?

WackySpinachAgate

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ExclusiveAgate
The question is in the title but still I've been wondering, we know our character is amazing and has superb potential and strength but where's the results? Do we have the bite to match our bark? I don't know if I'm just misinformed but when's the last time a Ryu has placed top 8 at a pretty sizeable tournament? I know he can do it but what's holding us back? Will we start making our grand entrance now that the meta game is in an odd place? Can we truly defeat Sheng Long?

Last edited:

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
There's only like...3 good Ryu Players. Trela, Hooded, and someone else and Im blanking on the name. The thing is, with Ryu, to get the best results you need to put in alot of time and effort. It's not as easy as everyone thinks it is so while Ryu is good we have low representation I dont think Hooded even goes to many majors?

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
I got 25th/513 at Pound losing to Mister Eric and Angel Cortes. Not stellar, but not bad either. 2 sets away from top 16 is nothing to scoff at.

oc0267

Smash Rookie
^This guy is good^. I don't know about Hooded's results as of now, but right now, these two and Venom from Canada are the ryu mains who get any results. Trela's not really active right now, and there may be more hidden in less known regions (e.x. Quen from Australia and another Ryu from somewhere in Europe)

HoodedAltair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoodedAltair
3DS FC
4442-0574-6679
^This guy is good^. I don't know about Hooded's results as of now, but right now, these two and Venom from Canada are the ryu mains who get any results. Trela's not really active right now, and there may be more hidden in less known regions (e.x. Quen from Australia and another Ryu from somewhere in Europe)
I have been in such an unfortunate position missing majors like Pound and Glitch even though I signed up for both, things have come up :(. I've been placing consistently well in the tristate regions taking games from Vex, Blue, False, Keitaro, TheGreatGonzales among others but haven't been able to venture very far. That should change soon

Top Bottom