• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where's his tail?

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Sorry if it's nitpicky, but he looks so weird without one, like a balloon, or like he's unbalanced and is about to topple over. I always felt like visual design is important in Smash, and to me, this makes him look really unappealing and undesirable to play as. And confusingly, the K. Rool Mii costume in Smash 4 had a tail, but not this version of him.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He actually does have a tail, but it's small and you can only see it in a couple shots.

When he does that aerial where he splits his legs and (I think) when he uses his blunderbuss

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Oh, you're right! It's so tiny! I know he's supposed to be a silly character, but imo, a good villain design can still look silly and imposing at the same time. But now he just looks like a joke, lol.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh, you're right! It's so tiny! I know he's supposed to be a silly character, but imo, a good villain design can still look silly and imposing at the same time. But now he just looks like a joke, lol.
His tail has always been rather small. His tail has never been one of his most prominent features.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
It's not that small, I just find it hard to see properly with the cape and his girth. The fact that he has one is what's important though. It could have been much, much worse if they went full on Paon's design.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
His tail has always been rather small. His tail has never been one of his most prominent features.
It hasn't always been small. In the original game it was a pretty standard length, but his cape was longer.

They have emphasized his tail less and less over time, though, and he's never really used it at all in any boss battles. It was probably just getting too much in the way.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Yea he has a tail I saw it when I was watching the trailer for the zillionth time. It is small but he's got it. The longest his tail ever was, was in DK64, at one point you can see it swinging below his cape in a cinematic. Like many have said here though his tail was never a prominent part of his design.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
While having a tail would be nice it’s probably a lot of code going on to make a cape and a tail move in sync with out issues

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I always had the headcanon that it got amputated following the ending of DK64. Following that he got redesigned to have little/no tail.
DK Vine posted an article saying K. Rool's tail got reattached after having been previously amputated. Obviously that's the joke in the article, as its about his reveal for Smash. Still funny. :D

Greave

Smash Apprentice
NNID
P-Duck
Now it all feels like like a small manhood joke, which is just eugh.

Paint_B

Smash Cadet
I think the small tail exaggerates the size of his body, makes it a much balanced design. I feel the same way with his krown.

Top Bottom