• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where would you guess Ridley would be Tier wise?

BlackCephie

Smash Journeyman
Right now ridley seems to have a lot of issues. The game is only a week old so new tech could be found to help him but compared to the other heavys, I feel like he needs buffs the most.

He’s not all bad tho. I want to touch on is recovery. At high percents, your opponent AS to respect it. Up b is kill move in of itself and can lead to a stage spike and side b can give you a really janky kill without having to trading stocks if pulled off correctly.
I disagree. His only real issue is his recovery, which isnt even what I would call bad, just vulterable before startup. Overall he doesnt really have that many problems getting back on stage. The rest of his kit is really solid. I thibk hea on par or better than the other heavies. Aside from k rool, i think he outclasses all the other heavies for one reason or another.

Greaseman

Smash Rookie
I think Ridley's recovery is actually really strong. Most people are just operating under the assumption that he's Gannondorf and can't jump or UpB after sideBing in the air. I almost never die due to not running out of recovery options.

Last edited:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I think Ridley's recovery is actually really strong. Most people are just operating under the assumption that he's Gannondorf and can't jump or UpB after sideBing in the air. I almost never due to not running out of recovery options.
Yeah obviously it can be stuffed but I almost never have trouble recovering as him with the distance side-b gives you, how disjointed and far up-B goes, magnet hands, and multiple jumps.

Right now Ridley is 100% high tier for me. Not top but def high.

Volfang

Smash Rookie
One big factor is his down special, the tail stab. Right now, no one knows how to use it. Sakurai acknowledged in a recent official interview with Nintendo that it's not a very good 1v1 move, but in matches with more players, it's easier to catch people. But once people get in training mode and start testing stuff out, there might be some setups or combos that can reliably distance Ridley from the opponent and make the move connect. Can't imagine it'll be easy, but if it can be done, then that might make a big difference.
We're actually beginning to see this:

https://youtu.be/zfb6E2fbMkM?t=440

Quite the orgasmic combo, not gonna lie.

Top Bottom