• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where to get smash 64?

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
Ok first I'm NOT PIRATING, k.
I'm too lazy to get an n64 to play smash. I wanted to go to the wii V console but I can't put points. So what do I do

Mimic88

Smash Cadet
Just buy an N64. You can get them on eBay for cheap. There are also bootleg versions you can pick up of Smash for about 20 bucks. Personally I'd shell out the extra 20 or so to get an authentic copy.

Never too late to get into collecting retro consoles. I have all of Nintendo's and really like playing games on the consoles they were built for.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
If you're going to play Smash 64 competitively you really should invest in either an original legitimate SSB cartridge or an Everdrive 64. Personally, I like the Wii Virtual Console version because it looks better on my HDTV since the Wii can output in 480p (progressive scan) while the actual N64 console only outputs an interlaced video signal.

xgore

Smash Rookie
NNID
itmightbeme.idk
at gamestop theyre literally selling s64 and an n64 + mk for 109 lol just buy that

xgore

Smash Rookie
NNID
itmightbeme.idk
at gamestop theyre literally selling s64 and an n64 + mk for 109 lol just buy that

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
Good news guys, found a wii with smash 64. Also I really don't trust gamestop a lot.

sanicdude246

Smash Apprentice
Alright I changed my mind. I didn't wii u and not getting dat wii. I decided I'll just keep using wii u. that means getting brawl

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Whatever you end up doing don't forget to get yourself the new Smash Ultimate GameCube controller.

Perfect for playing any Smash game on either the GC, Wii, Wii U or Switch.

Yeah, Smash 64 and Project M play brilliantly on the Wii and are the reason why I don't feel like I need to get a Switch any time soon.

Top Bottom