• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where does Ike stand today?

Yakimo

Smash Rookie
So i know that Ike has fallen off in recent times but I'd like to know where you guys would place him.

DeDeDIke

Smash Apprentice
I'd place him in high tier. Most pro players still think he's high tier. Actually, a lot of players still think Ike is high tier. I would place him in high tier (maybe top tier) in a casual type of setting. There's no need to worry about our man; he'll stay high tier for quite some time, maybe even permanently. Good thing Ike remains untouched in the patches. I think it's better this way.

Last edited:

Qualk

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
He'll never be S tier without significant buffs because his play style will always be pretty linear. That being said, two straight patches without any buffs or nerfs tell me that Nintendo is satisfied with his current power level. His early combos, range, kill confirms, and edge-guarding are all good so he'll always be solid A tier in my mind. Biggest weakness is his bad recovery options which good players know how to exploit and it makes him seem worse in high level tournaments where the only VOD's are from the top 8.

Top Bottom