• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where do i start?

Vaguer The Madlad

Smash Rookie
I recently got back into Smash Bros. but i'm struggling to get good. I can't really wave dash and i'm a total newbie when it comes to technical stuff. Any tips on how to start getting better?

Pauer

The Pauerful
I think Mookie Rah's Basic Tech Skill Guide is a good place to start. It mentions a lot of things that you have to practice like tilts and turning around that other guides forget about.
My best advice would be to practice some of the first 6 or so items on the list until you feel somewhat comfortable and then try meeting players ASAP. Playing with other people will be able to give you good advice and motivate you to practice and play more.

Vaguer The Madlad

Smash Rookie
I think Mookie Rah's Basic Tech Skill Guide is a good place to start. It mentions a lot of things that you have to practice like tilts and turning around that other guides forget about.
My best advice would be to practice some of the first 6 or so items on the list until you feel somewhat comfortable and then try meeting players ASAP. Playing with other people will be able to give you good advice and motivate you to practice and play more.
Thanks, ill check it out!

Nooodle

Smash Rookie
Melee can be super fast sometimes, often overwhelming to new players. Watching analysis videos, such as Mang0s, really slow down the game so that new players can begin to understand how top players think, and in turn, how they should think.

M1nyk

Smash Rookie
If you need a partner for netplay im fairly new so maybe practice partners.

Pauer

The Pauerful
You won't be very successful finding people to play netplay with here. Do look at the stickied post with all the Facebook groups so maybe you can find people in your area for meetups or netplay.
smashladder.com is where most active netplay users look for games.
Most people there will be much better than you but don't get discouraged. Maybe try to find someone else who is new using the chat function on smashladder. There is a lot to learn from better people too but you want to play with a variety of skill levels ideally.

Top Bottom