• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Where could MK go in the future?

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Things aren't looking too good for MK. He is linear, his MU spread is very "meh" for a high tier, and we don't see the MK mains do all that much any more. Where is he gonna go in the future?

GalaxianAura

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I don't see MK getting much better when it comes to results or tier list placement. He is a really good character, but he is somewhat limited by a decent amount of flaws.
Unless Meta Knight mains like Tyrant and AC get even better or Leo and Aba play him more often, he's probably going to remain stagnant as a top 20 Character. It also doesn't help that he (for some reason) is relatively uncommon.

Last edited:

GDGuitar95

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I don't see MK getting much better when it comes to results or tier list placement. He is a really good character, but he is somewhat limited by a decent amount of flaws.
Unless Meta Knight mains like Tyrant and AC get even better or Leo and Aba play him more often, he's probably going to remain stagnant as a top 20 Character. It also doesn't help that he (for some reason) is relatively uncommon.
I agree. He's barely Top 20 imo. Meta Knight has a slight disadvantage against everyone in the Top Ten except Rosa.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
I agree. He's barely Top 20 imo. Meta Knight has a slight disadvantage against everyone in the Top Ten except Rosa.
7_7

It's widely accepted that he is currently in the higher top 15, mainly due to his ability to counter most if not all floaty characters not named Mewtwo.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Talking with Locus he believes MK has potential to be top 10 when fully optimized. With Ito being one of the only players to truly optimize him (Really, when was the last time you saw Tyrant d-throw > Tornado?), and his current absence MK will probably stay "top 15-20", however I believe he still has much room for improvement. I think as we start to standardize specific match-ups within the high tier it really wont be so bad (outside of Bayo/Sheik/Cloud). Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise, the character really is so much stronger than most people believe.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
Talking with Locus he believes MK has potential to be top 10 when fully optimized. With Ito being one of the only players to truly optimize him (Really, when was the last time you saw Tyrant d-throw > Tornado?), and his current absence MK will probably stay "top 15-20", however I believe he still has much room for improvement. I think as we start to standardize specific match-ups within the high tier it really wont be so bad (outside of Bayo/Sheik/Cloud). Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise, the character really is so much stronger than most people believe.
Let's hope we see him peak soon, I really like the character, and he is always my pick when going up against Clouds and Sheiks

Top Bottom