• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

where can i find an affordable 1st party gc controller

heimlick

Smash Rookie
i have been practicing on emulator with an xbox controller and im looking to switch over but i cant seem to find anywhere that sells them at a reasonable price. should i wait until the smash 5 controller comes out and continue with an xbox controller until then or should i buy a more expensive controller so i can start learning sooner?

also im new so please be nice

Pauer

The Pauerful
Right now the best way of getting a 1st party controller is to buy one used but in good condition. You should be able to get one in a good condition for max 35$ with shipping if you look on ebay, less if you find a good deal. Make sure that there are high resolution pictures available so you can judge the condition.
Maybe check your local craigslist or an equivalent website/app for local deals so you can see the controller up front.
I had a quick look and this one looks ok.
Definitely upgrade to using a gamecube controller, it makes a huge difference! Remember that you will need an adapter, too. The 4-port mayflash adapter is the recommended one but they have a new 2-port version that is just as good (note that there was an old 2-port version that had issues). The "native support" of this guide tells you how to set everything up, works for both the 2- and 4-port variant. I can also recommend you to start playing netplay over at smashladder.com . It will definitely help you as a player and show you what to focus on during training.

Top Bottom