• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When you guys do a short hop reverse laser, do you input a fastfall

SSG SAX GAMER

Smash Apprentice
Whenever i do a shorthop turnaround laser and input a fastfall, the laser doesn't come out, but when i try it in 1/4 speed it works so I'm not doing it fast enough. Do you guys put a fastfall in yours?

SAUS

Smash Ace
You're probably starting the laser too late / inputting for the reverse too slowly. It's definitely possible to fast fall the lasers without slowing the speed. The main thing is you normally want to delay shooting the laser normally (to get it low), so during that delay is when you want to input the "reverse" (tap the stick in the opposite direction). Then you can press B at the normal time you would as though you weren't reversing it at all.

Audos

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, you definitely input the fast fall most of the time. The different timings of your analog movement and b inputs are tricky. If you want my advice, it is to not do the turnaround by hitting your analog the direction you want to turn, but instead the diagonal just below it. So if you are running to the left and want to shoot right, angle your stick from 9 o'clock to around 5 o'clock instead of across to 3. You can start the motion this way before you even jump and then hit b fairly early. That's how I do the RSHL that keep me generally in place where I jumped instead of jumping to far away. Just experiment with it and you'll find what is most comfortable for you to drift how you want.

Lasers are super important so it's definitely worth the time getting control of all the variations, drifts, and heights.

Top Bottom