• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will the rest of the reveals take place?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Saw this being talked about in the General thread, but I think this deserves its own thread.

What will the timeline be the reveal the last characters?

My 50 cents:
-Beginning of October: a short video like Robin / Lucina's. No presentation around it. 1 newcomer (maybe 1 echo).
-End of October / Beginning of November: normal Direct. 1 newcomer, 1 echo. Smash Direct announced.
-End of November: Smash Direct. 2 newcomers. 3 echos.

What do you guys think?

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I'm also thinking they'll have a short video like the Robin & Lucina trailer in October. I'm thinking it will be about a month from now and end with an announcement for a Smash Bros. Direct in November (kind of like how Cloud's trailer ended with an announcement for a Smash Bros. presentation).

I could see Incineroar and Ken (Ryu echo) getting announced in the short video, with at least 2 newcomers and 1 echo getting announced in the direct. Could still see another short video for a final newcomer right before the game launches.

I don't see us having any more general directs until after Smash launches, so definitely December or January.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
They MAY do a short presentation for just a single trailer like we got for Lucina and Robin.

I personally think we'll get one more Smash specific direct in november featuring characters #69 and #70, as well as a few echoes.
I think that will be it for the base game.

NoahAbc12345

Smash Rookie
NNID
NoahAbc12345
3DS FC
0533-7503-7099
Switch FC
SW-6610-5519-8798
I can see a Smash Direct in the beginning of November, or end of October, and maybe one or two of the reveals similar to Robin and Lucina's, but that's it. Probably not too many more characters, like Sakurai said.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Sometime before release. :troll:

Since they're slowing down on character reveals, I could safely say that we're getting one more Smash direct either in October or November. Character reveals most likely won't be the main topic of the direct, which I would imagine that the "Spirits" mode would be instead. We might get 1 or 2 more characters at the end of the direct, possibly one newcomer and one Echo, and that would probably be it.

ubiblu

Smash Rookie
It's really anyone's best guess, but I would expect a Pokemon Direct at the end of the month that reveals Incineroar (maybe a combo echo like Plusle/Minun), and a final Smash Direct in mid-to-late November that covers off the rest of the roster (Geno, Ken, Mrs. Pacman, Steve).

I see us getting another five fighters, but can't imagine them all being evenly spread out.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
A direct or some form of announcement in both October and November and maybe some last minute surprise in early December. They'll probably hide fighters in the game, though.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
After Sakurai's statement last week I don't expect too many characters from now on.
I guess at some point of this month there'll be a little direct showing more details about Pokémon Let's Go and including a reveal trailer (Maybe Incineroar).
And halfway through November I guess we'll be having something like the 50-fact extravaganza showing Ken and the last newcomer.
And that's it.

Khao

Smash Lord
Other than blog updates, I wouldn't expect anything at all during October to be honest. I imagine they'd want to go quiet for a bit until another direct mid to late November, where they'll just show everything. You know, to have the biggest blowout possible right before the game launches. At the same time, they can't wait too much for a final set of announcements for the risk of a leak straight off the final version, which is only gonna get more likely during the final month.

Remember that Sakurai admitted they announced **** too fast and that they should slow down. They pretty much have to save everything else for the final month, or the final announcements are gonna be underwhelming for most people.

Either way, can I just say that it feels kind of unreal that the game comes out in almost two months? Still feels like it was announced three seconds ago! After waiting two years for Brawl and a year and a half for Sm4sh (arguably three years considering they "soft announced" it in 2011), waiting less than a year for Ultimate feels kind of weird, hahaha. I almost want them to delay it! (okay, no.)

Top Bottom