• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will the Bear and the Bird come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andree123

Smash Ace
Since there was already a thread about the :ulthero:'s release date, I decided to make this thread for :ultbanjokazooie:'s fall release date, I'm hoping that they will be out in sometime around September.

So what do you think they will be out?

GhostM

Phantom
Maybe around late September to middle October. I think around there would be the perfect release date. It wouldn’t make sense for them to be available in November, although it could be a possibility.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Well, we had Plant in February (technically January 31, but close enough) and Joker in April, so a two-month gap between the next two characters seems reasonable.

With that in mind, I'm thinking we'll get Hero early-mid July, and then we'll get Banjo sometime in September - early October at the latest.

That gives plenty of time for the last two characters to follow the trend; #4 in November/December, and #5 in January/February.

StormC

Smash Hero
"Autumn 2019" is dreadfully vague and I'll just assume the first week or two of October. Maybe late September if we're very lucky.

Last edited:

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Optimally, late August or early september. Realistically, late September

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm gonna go specific and guess September 25th - October 2nd.

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
It's hard to say. I'd like to believe we'll be able to better estimate their release window/date whenever DQ Hero comes out, which still has yet to happen at the time of this post.

Keep in mind, Summer goes until late September, and Fall goes until late December, so while I don't expect anything later than October, they could end up pushing Hero and/or Banjo back, which would make the overall release schedule a bit lopsided... Let's hope that doesn't happen.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Given how DLC characters are roughly spread out by two and a half months, and how they need to advertise Fighters #4 and #5, my guess would be:

Mid-July: Hero
Mid-September: Banjo & Kazooie--a week or two later, the announcement of Fighter #4 in a Fall Direct
Late-November: Fighter #4 released
Early-December: Fighter #5 announced at the Game Awards
Early-February: Fighter #5 released

If they're running behind or spreading things out weirdly, we could see Hero in August at the latest (maybe a Smash Direct for Hero in August for EVO) and Banjo & Kazooie in October/November at the latest. While I'm jumping at the chance to play them, I'm also satisfied knowing Banjo & Kazooie are in. The hard part is over. :chuckle:

Daniel2210

Smash Rookie
I really don't think September is as likely as some people are saying. Banjo & Kazooie have a release date of fall, and fall doesn't begin until September 23rd. If we're lucky we'll get him in October, but I think November is more realistic since it's right in the middle of fall.

StormC

Smash Hero
I really don't think September is as likely as some people are saying. Banjo & Kazooie have a release date of fall, and fall doesn't begin until September 23rd. If we're lucky we'll get him in October, but I think November is more realistic since it's right in the middle of fall.
November feels too long since the last two are due out by February. They would have to do back-to-back months. I'm sure he'll be out by end of October.

Penguinbowler

Smash Apprentice
Probably mid fall, like most of the others are saying, mid october seems about right.

ze9

Smash Ace
I think Banjo will come out in october. Any earlier and it's still summer, any later and it would be way too close to Doomg... to whoever Fighter #4 is.

The Heroes, as much as I'm itching to play as them, will only come out in august, I guess.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Banjo i'm betting will come out in october at the very earliest but likely november. Though just like with hero we'll probably never know until the last second for dumb reasons

DownBCounter

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking mid to late November for Banjo, honestly. I base that on the gaps we've had to wait for Joker and Hero.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm gonna assume early October at the latest; the deadline is February, so I think late November or sometime in December would be good times for fighter #4, and while they could have a short gap between characters, I think it'd be weird to have Banjo and Kazooie just release and then another character not that many days later.

They may also release after the next amiibo wave like how Joker and Hero released after amiibo waves, and the next one launches late September, so they'll probably release at the end of that month.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
September 23rd is my 25th birthday, and I've been a good boy.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I belive it will be from late September to early October. Otherwise he would be too close to 4th and 5th, which I think will be release in December and February respectively.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You just gotta wait until autumn arrives and then wait some more until an exact date is revealed.

andree123

Smash Ace
Just a reminder that Banjo and Kazooie are already out in September 4th.

Now this thread should be closed by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom