• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When will/Do you think Nintendo expand Gamecube adapter usage?

When will adapter support be expanded?

• Total voters

TerraCaty'

Smash Cadet
NNID
IndubitablyMe
3DS FC
1118-0357-0894
It's no secret that the Gamecube controller has ingrained itself DEEP into our hearts as a fantastic controller and an icon for Smash Bros itself, but where's the support for the other console mainstays?
Smash is the only Wii U game with adapter support and even though it's a dream to play with I honestly think spending upwards of $20-30 for an adapter that works on one game is a bit of a let down.
It's my personal belief that at E3 2015 Gamecube Virtual console games will be released and Adapter usage with be announced for/expanded to more games.
Also this is kinda personal but when I learned the fact that Wind Waker HD doesn't have Adapter support a large chunk of myself died. Like how is that even possible. It's a Gamecube remake. Muchsadness
What do you guys think? I'd actually love to know. It's cool to think up ideas and theories y'know?

Fishbowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Fishbowl22
It's something I'm hoping for. Along with gamecube VC games so that I can have access to every smash game on the same console.

I don't think it will happen because it could kill their Wii U pro controller sales, but here's hoping.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I almost want to say never. They probably thought they'd at least use it for some ported GC games that required analog, but now I'm not so sure with Nintendo's plan. They've sort of abandoned the virtual console and they haven't patched older Wii U games to be compatible with it iirc.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
"When will/Do you think Nintendo expand Gamecube adapter usage?"

I have no idea but I hope Nintendo does it right after E3 because I'd love to be able to use a GameCube controller with Mario Kart 8.

Top Bottom