• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When to use up tilt?

GeZ

Smash Lord
On lighter characters that won't be close enough to the ground to land the Dtilt mid combo, probably. I honestly only use Dtilt when crouch cancelling, and Utilt the rest of the time.

EarthMLG

Smash Cadet
NNID
Earthu
3DS FC
1693-2889-1535
I really like it against fast fallers but other then that i don't use it at all unless it is necessary.

TehGuitarLord

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slice_O_Pie
3DS FC
1203-9544-5962
Up tilt is one of Mario's most important moves. It extends combos, it's has good priority, and it leads to many long strings. A good way to implement it is down throw, up tilt, up air, etc.

Now, i come from melee and have recently joined pm, so i dunno how good dtilt is in this game, as it's kinda useless in melee, but i know that utilt is very useful in general.

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
Up tilt is one of Mario's most important moves. It extends combos, it's has good priority, and it leads to many long strings. A good way to implement it is down throw, up tilt, up air, etc.

Now, i come from melee and have recently joined pm, so i dunno how good dtilt is in this game, as it's kinda useless in melee, but i know that utilt is very useful in general.
Dtilt in PM is 100x better than in melee man. Mess around with it's applications. I know you won't be disappointed. Kinda hard going back to Melee Dtilt afterwards though. It might make you question Sakurai's balancing procedures even more.

Ness_STFU

Smash Apprentice
Mario doesn't have any bad tilts in PM. utilt and dtilt for combo starters and ftilt for edgeguarding.

The answer is really as much as you can get away with.

Stop fast falling combo characters with it on their approach. Works wonders against Captain Falcon.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I have found the most success of using UTilt at small frame disadvantage, Standing techs, or fail techs on reaction if they are within range. Other times are doing DGrab. 50% is the catch all for almost every character that will have Mario be able to lead to a follow up.

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
Up tilt is a great anti air. Especially if you know your opponent is going to SH Nair or something. Up smash does the same thing as well.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman

mario's dtilt sends opponent upwards so it's very useful to start combo by using it with crouchcancel

Top Bottom