• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When the Power Dies, Never Fear! The T-Rex Runner is here! No Internet T-Rex support thread

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Ok, so this is an odd one I know. But why could the No Internet T-Rex make it into Smash? A few reasons:

1. It actually has a case to be the best known gaming character in the world. I mean, how many people use Google Chrome? Lots! How many times have we had the internet go out somehow in the world? Tons! How many times have people stopped and played the game out of sheer boredom with no internet? I know I played it a lot when deracho knocked out my power a few months ago. Therefore it's a fairly well known character who many people, especially non gamers, likely know.

2. Ok, so now that I explained why the No Internet TRex could get in, it's time to explain why Nintendo might want him. Well you see, The NIT is owned by Google. Google produces the Google Stadia, which is going to be producing it's own first party games at some point in the future as rumored. And with the Stadia being a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th inning in game 7 of the world series, it only makes sense for Nintendo to want to partner with them and get in on whatever they might be trying to produce. At the moment, the only real video game character they own is our favorite dinosaur.

3. So now that the why has been explained, it's time to explain the what. The what, of course, being what would come with the NIT. The stage is pretty obvious as The Desert would be a pretty obvious addition to Smash and it would work as a sidescroller with day and night time cycles. But what about the spirit board? Well it wouldn't be too hard. The cactus and pterodactyls are obvious. You can swap in the night and day forms of them as well and maybe add in some cactus clusters. Boom. Spirit board done.

Now music tracks are a bit more tough at first glance, but remember that much like how Sega owns Atlus, Google owns Youtube! And guess what music is on Youtube? Literally every track ever! So that means any song at all could possibly come with the T Rex Runner. Could go from Beware the Forrest Musrooms to Rick Rolling your friends in an instant. To be honest, what's not to love?

4. Ok, so maybe you haven't been sold yet. That's fine. Maybe I can convince you our friendly neighborhood T-Rex's potential moveset. It's a little hard to come up with, not going to lie. Maybe he can adopt the cactuses(Cacti?) and pterodactyls as his friends much like the Duck Hunt Dog did and use them in his moveset. His specials could involve shooting out the pretos and dropping the cacti (cactuses?) as stage hazards. And for a new mechanic, the more he jumps over charging enemies the stronger he gets, resetting on death of course. I see 0 issues with this moveset and think it would be a great addition to Smash. His final Smash would be a brand new invention for the game, an Astriod hitting the stage Moon style in a cut scene

So now that I laid it all out for all you wonderful folks, what do you think? Does the No Internet T-Rex belong in Smash? If you think so I'll add you to the Prehistoric Posse and we can all push for the most deserving characters in video gaming history together.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
i cant tell if youre joking or not
100% serious. 1000% even. Its 2020 ans everyone owns computers in this day and age, meaning every single person technically owns a copy of the game and has see our jurassic giant at some point. Seems pretty iconic to me

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
100% serious. 1000% even. Its 2020 ans everyone owns computers in this day and age, meaning every single person technically owns a copy of the game and has see our jurassic giant at some point. Seems pretty iconic to me
hang on, is there a game in that no internet screen?

Kriven

Smash Journeyman
hang on, is there a game in that no internet screen?
Yeah dude, there has been since I was in high school back in like, 2009. Just tap the up arrow key when you're at the screen and the dinosaur will jump up and start an endless runner. You can do this on mobile by just tapping the dinosaur directly.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
You can also start the game by pressing the space bar.
But yeah, I'll mega support this dino. This would be awesome. We need more prehistoric brawlers in this game.
In fact, I think I might make a moveset for him now. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
You can also start the game by pressing the space bar.
But yeah, I'll mega support this dino. This would be awesome. We need more prehistoric brawlers in this game.
In fact, I think I might make a moveset for him now. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
If you do please tag me because i need to see this

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
"That's all for this Nintendo Mini Direct. Thanks for watching, and we hope to see you again soon. ...oh, and we have one more thing we'd like to share with you. Please, take a look."
No smash logo-but we do see a black screen. As the E10+ logo fades in, the camera shows a live action scene. It's a window of a child's bedroom. There's rain all around, and its audibly and visibly storming. We see a kid inside, playing a game on their Switch. When we switch camera angles to see the screen, we can see that they're playing an online match of Smash Ultimate. The young Yoshi player broke their opponents shield, as they exclaim "Yes!". They position themselves and wind up a forward smash, but then-
Connection Lost.
No Contest.

"What? I almost had him!" They exclaim. At the same moment the error pops up, the child's lights go out and a conundrum is heard around the house, their family surprised at the power outage. "Mom, what happened to the power?" The kid yells.
"It's the storm, honey. We're going to call the electric company, but it will probably be a few hours until it comes back on."
Sigh. The kid pulls their laptop up from the floor onto their bed and open it. They type away on Google Chrome, but to no avail-we see the no internet dinosaur at the side of the screen. The kid taps the space bar, and the dino jumps to life, and starts running across the desert, as the kid helps him jump over cacti and duck under pterodactyls. The camera pans over to his alarm clock, which reads 4:15. Then it's suddenly 5:30. The kid is doing really well (it isn't just one continuous run btw), and has an extremely high score-but then the dinosaur stops, in an animation we've never seen from him. The kid loses control of his dino, mashing the up and down keys but to no avail. "What?" they ask. The dinosaur walks forward, into a cave that the kid has never seen before. The dino walks along the interior of the cave, much slower than he was going previously. Then, finally, he stops at a treasure chest. The kid is super confused now, and has begun filming it with his smartphone. The chest opens, and out comes a small, white, rectangular sprite. After a few, tense seconds, the sprite spins around, and there it is-the Smash invitation! The dinosaur jumps up, bites the envelope and holds it there, and runs off in search of the fight.
T. Rex Runner is escaping extinction!!
Super Smash Bros Ultimate X Google Chrome
Made a reveal trailer.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If Wii Fit Trainer is elegible there's no doubt in my mind Chrome T-Rex is, the real question is if Nintendo would want to negotiate with Google for what is basically a joke character - or if whatever power chooses Smash fighters would even think to add them.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
If Wii Fit Trainer is elegible there's no doubt in my mind Chrome T-Rex is, the real question is if Nintendo would want to negotiate with Google for what is basically a joke character - or if whatever power chooses Smash fighters would even think to add them.
I guess it depends on whether or not Google is willing to play ball. Given that Stadia was a failure, I'm not really sure if they're interested in putting any more stock into the video game industry. And it's not like Google needs the advertisement, since they're one of the most powerful companies in the world.

Top Bottom