• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When the opponent is on a platform above you shielding, what are good things to do as Zelda?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
zelda.PNG

I usually just find myself nairing the shield hoping to catch a roll/spotdodge. Lightning Kick does a lot of shield damage, but is punishable. Waiting might be an option too. Uptilt and upsmash barely reach above the platform. Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
SHFF Uair is safe shield pressure, and the landing lag is so little now that you can jump again and chase if you're feeling aggressive. Most people tend to jump after blocking an Uair, but if they dodge or continue shielding that's your chance for a kick (or nair/utilt, pretty sure those will shield poke after a blocked Uair)

Nair's last hit will poke through if you short hop on the low platforms or full hop on the high one. I land it fairly often since it (visually) looks like it will miss and no one knows Zelda lol. It might not work over and over tho, especially if the opponent is familiar with Zelda (which could actually soon be a weird reality, since she's actually a competent fighter now)

StoicPhantom

Smash Ace
I concur with what Rickster is saying. Up-air does a lot of shield damage and will force them to move. If they jump, I chase them with Up-air, if they try to run off the platform, I usually punish with dash attack or an Up-Tilt out of a run. In certain situations, you can land a Fair as a punish, when they run off the platforms, but I find it safer to Up-Tilt and make them have to deal with getting off the platforms all over again.

Top Bottom