• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When should you use late uair in neutral?

Voidish

Smash Rookie
It seems like with most matchups various nair spacings and dash dancing covers the majority of neutral, however I have seen uair used in neutral before and wonder when it is, if ever, the best option and if it is matchup dependent, what matchups should you use it in and why would you use it in x circumstance.
Thank you in advance.

coilerr

Smash Cadet
You should start using when it actually knocks ppl down or combos into something, 30+% for spacies. It can be used as mix up for nair as it as the same kind of range and is p safe on shield

Sugahighsnipa

Smash Cadet
In neutral i've started using uair to cover a space similar to falco's utilt. Lmfao ever since I started playing guile in street fighter I can't stop thinking about using uair like sonic kick. Generally though at lower percents you're not really going to be able to combo off of it but at higher %s it could maybe link to another uair or knee

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
I like it since it is a surprising timing when compared to nair, so I like to mix it in when my nairs are getting used a little to much and I want to throw my opponent off. Can even use it to approach if you read your opponent dash dancing for a grab as pulling it out at the last second catches them trying to dash in for the grab (I like this against marth).

Haku_

Smash Rookie
This is similar to a timing mixup, but after using some empty hops (empty hop grabs too!) You can throw this in if they are trying to punish your lag upon landing. Sometimes a non-fastfall short hop infront of their shield into a late u-air can punish a shield grab attempt, but try to drift backwards to make you safer from other OOS options.

_greenbean

Smash Rookie
you can use late uair as a deep aerial to read dash backs I believe. Its better than nair sometimes because if you know your opponent is gonna shield you can late uair -> jabs/dashback. It can be better than knee because the soft hit of knee is also not safe onshield

Top Bottom