• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

when should You roll as yoshi?

Dabble Dot

Smash Cadet
His roll just seems so bad. I get punished for it a lot because I use jiggs and toon link and they're roll is great on for glory. But when I roll on yoshi i'm like uho why did I do that?
What other options should I use instead of rolling? I don't mean the move egg roll i mean just the roll.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You should mainly only be rolling away from your opponent if you do choose to roll, usually with the momentum given after they hit your shield.

Other good Out of Shield (OOS) options include jumping and just letting go of shield. These are options that give you low commitment and a lot of mobility, which is generally a good thing. Otherwise you can try for Usmash out of shield, if the enemy's attack was laggy enough and you want a hard hitting punish.

Top Bottom