• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do you think we'll see a Smash Bros. Ultimate Direct?

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
It's obviously inevitable considering how Nintendo has handled most of their major titles, but when will a direct happen? I'm willing to bet we'll get one this October.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd say October or November, though given how much information we got at E3, maybe we won't get a Smash Ultimate Direct.

Then again, the final Smash 4 direct spent thirty minutes detailing three characters, so I'm sure they could fill that much time.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It has been eerily quiet. I miss the Smash Dojo days from Brawl. The daily updates helped build a lot of hype and always got us excited for something.

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
I have a sneaking feeling there'll be a small Direct sometime in August with a newcomer trailer and maybe a feature or two at the end.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I could see this spaced out similarly to Smash 4. In August (my bet's on mid or late), we'll probably get a general Direct to update us on some holiday and 2019 releases in addition to detailing the paid online that's coming out the following month. We should get a newcomer through that.

Maybe that will be followed up by a livestreamed trailer in October ala Robin/Lucina, and then a Smash direct to come right before launch as an info dump of whatever else they don't want to keep as secret content.

Gaps of two months just like Smash 4.

ChozoRidley

Smash Rookie
The big 50 fact Direct last time was about one month from the Wii U version's release, so if they follow a similar plan as last time then there should be something about late October- early November to increase the hype just before release.

There's bound to be a Direct just before the launch of the paid online service, and there might be a newcomer announcement or some more information about Ultimate's online modes then, but nothing that major.

I don't want to sound pessimistic, but I reckon there will be only one or two more info drops before the game comes out. Because there is just nine months from the announcement to the release date this time, a lot of people seemed to be expecting monthly character reveals or updates after E3, but i think with this games their main aim has been to bring back everything from the previous ones rather than add lots of new stuff, so there are not as many newcomers to announce.

Top Bottom