• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When do the active frames for yoshis super armor on his double jump take effect?

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
It is actually heavy armor, not super armor. This allows some moves at higher percents to go through the armor. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the armor last from frames 1-63. @Yikarur probably knows the exact frame data.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
The armor takes effect from frame 1-69. Armor is removed the moment you input an aerial or airdodge afaik.

Zmac122

Smash Cadet
The armor takes effect from frame 1-69. Armor is removed the moment you input an aerial or airdodge afaik.
Let me word this my way then confirm if you would be so kind. So from when I input jump. On frame one of the jump to 69 it will block incoming knockback. Is there any other rules.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I made a video on the visual cue just in case you need it:

Also yeah, it's heavy armor, not super armor, so the armor isn't in effect if the move is powerful enough. It's based on the move's knockback, I'm pretty sure, so it'll be harder to armor through moves at higher percents.
EDIT: yep, knockback based. The frames are also here http://smashboards.com/threads/invincibility-and-armor-list.371822/

Last edited:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yoshi's Jump Armor is Heavy Armor, not Super Armor. The armor is broken once knockback hits a specific threshold, and is not based off percent. Naturally, percent does matter as percent affects knockback, but that's it.

Once you start the DJ, you have from frame 1 of the DJ to frame 69 of the jump for the armor to be in effect. If you start another action in the middle of this, you immediately lose the armor effect. For example, if I Nair on frame 49 of the DJ, I lose the armor on frame 49.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
That's actually interesting to note, so any move with kb of 120 and up will kill the heavy armor. That gives us a rough estimate of what attacks to look out for and what to airdodge
With the new Kurogane Hammer calculator, we should be able to see which attacks would reach that kbg at certain percents, right?

(also if I read it correctly, Ganondorf's Neutral B at 0% should break the super armor?)

Last edited:

DJlive

Smash Apprentice
Lol, I can't access the calculator.

Yeah, that's why I avoid smash attacks at all costs. Also bairs.

Top Bottom