• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL When do I get DLC characters in World of Light?

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
So when Joker comes out I am planning on doing a Joker solo run of World of Light from the very beginning without new game plus. I decided to see if this was possible by checking with Piranha Plant, as I remember the game just giving it to me when the DLC came out. I started a new game and was surprised to see only Kirby. I went up to Mario, got him, and still Piranha did not show up. Anyone know the exact point DLC characters join your party? Or is it only on the first file you load up after purchase?

D

Deleted member

If I’m not mistaken, when you beat WoL for the first time.

If you don’t get them that way, try starting a New Game+ file.

osby

Smash Obsessed
After you unlock ten characters, you'll unlock Piranha Plant. After twenty, you'll unlock the second character if you have it and so on.

D

Deleted member

After you unlock ten characters, you'll unlock Piranha Plant. After twenty, you'll unlock the second character if you have it and so on.
Oh, didn’t know that I had to do that.

Thanks!

HenryXLII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HenryXLII
3DS FC
3153-3904-2933
Interesting. So I guess that leaves me with one of two options. I can do a quick run through of WoL on easy to get minimum rewards and do as few fights as possible and start new game plus, or I can just go for a route that prioritizes 20 characters first and play from there (which seems much preferable). Regardless, does anyone have advise on routing this?

Top Bottom