• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When did you start playing Melee?

D

Deleted member

I started playing Melee in summer of 2005 but it was only for about a year or so. But summer of 2008 I returned to it when Brawl was in the spotlight back then.

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
I actually remember the date. It was July 17th, 2016 when EVO grand finals happened. My friend came over with his setup and kicked my teeth in with his tournament Fox against my noob Jiggs. I did play it as a kid though, had no idea what I was doing.

Last edited:

tsmfoxmaster

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FGOD#520
I started playing melee competitively about a year ago. I started playing serious in the last 7 months.

CaptainBlund

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5473-1673-3314
I began playing in 2015, but all I could was spam high lasers and do dair - shine - dair. Started getting serious in mid 2016

VicToryah98

Smash Rookie
Well, I first played the game (just for fun) in 2001-2002 but then my brother broke the game and I didnt play it anymore until last year that I got another one. In other words, I have like one year playing the game seriously.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I started playing casually around '05, but I discovered competitive melee after TBH 4

fadedlamp42

Smash Rookie
September 2016 and been to two tournaments. Can't wait to move to a more active region.

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
i owned the game as a kid and played it from the time of its release to the time when brawl came out

i started playing semi-competitively in late 2014, but i didn't really enter tournaments until late 2015. i also never played at all during summers. i'm waiting to move again before i actually start competing more seriously. as it stands now, i probably enter a tournament once every three months, if that.

Last edited:

_Ne0N_

Smash Cadet
i've generally been playing smash since around 2010 with brawl, but i picked up melee and got into playing competitively around late 2015 or early 2016, and now i'm just trying to get mom to take to local tournies around the area so i can get better and try to become the best in the world

YoungAshSeiSei

Smash Rookie
I've been playing since 05 but just barelly got into it and started playing alot of mncb on my pc.

Top Bottom