• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

When DI has SAVED you

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
Okay, so we all know what DI is and how helpful it is in a Brawl match, amirite? So when has it won you a match?

Today, I was playing as Bowser (Don't judge) vs. a Lucas, and we both had over 100%, one stock left. He manages to hit me with a PKT2 and I DI the other way. I mangage to stay on the stage and he plummets to his death because he was JUST a bit too close to the edge. =D

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Yup... DI should save you all the time if done correctly

Is what makes me survive over 200% againsts Peaches... d<_< b...
Vitality FTW...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I've used DI to survive lots of sh**, from G&W Kill moves to Tornado to certain CG's like Falco's. I don't think we need a thread about how DI in general saves you, unless you want us to post vids of the DI in hopes that we can learn what DI would work best in certain situations.

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
I've used DI to survive lots of sh**, from G&W Kill moves to Tornado to certain CG's like Falco's. I don't think we need a thread about how DI in general saves you, unless you want us to post vids of the DI in hopes that we can learn what DI would work best in certain situations.
No...I'm talking about posting cool stories where DI saved you in a fun and interesting way.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
Then you should change the thread title and.
Get this thread moved to general disscussion.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Okay, so we all know what DI is and how helpful it is in a Brawl match, amirite? So when has it won you a match?

Today, I was playing as Bowser (Don't judge) vs. a Lucas, and we both had over 100%, one stock left. He manages to hit me with a PKT2 and I DI the other way. I mangage to stay on the stage and he plummets to his death because he was JUST a bit too close to the edge. =D
You DI'd the other way? So if you were sent to the right you DI'd left? L2DI plz

pure_awesome

Smash Lord

Things I find wrong with this OP:

1. Why on earth would anyone judge you for playing Boozer? He's a solid character, fun to play as, and just plain cool.

2. That's not how DI works. DIing opposite to your trajectory helps you stay alive in the same way that holding onto a leaf helps you float. You need to DI perpendicular to your trajectory.

You didn't survive because you DIed, you survived because you were Bowser. Who is awesome.

Fun story, though. But I think the Direction of this thread should be Influenced away from Tactical Discussion.

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
Things I find wrong with this OP:

1. Why on earth would anyone judge you for playing Boozer? He's a solid character, fun to play as, and just plain cool.

2. That's not how DI works. DIing opposite to your trajectory helps you stay alive in the same way that holding onto a leaf helps you float. You need to DI perpendicular to your trajectory.

You didn't survive because you DIed, you survived because you were Bowser. Who is awesome.

Fun story, though. But I think the Direction of this thread should be Influenced away from Tactical Discussion.
Oh.... ._.

Well, I still flew the other way though, and yeah, maybe this isn't the best place for this. I thought since it involved DI, well...

Top Bottom