• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your Samus'/Dark Samus' GSP?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I know it might be a bit of bragging here, but that's fine. I'm curious to see where a lot of my Samus and Dark Samus buddies are at. Fighting either one online is a rarity for me. I've only encountered one Samus and two Dark Samus'. One went by the tag "Zinc". I don't know why that looked familiar. Anyway, I thought I'd ask to see where everyone is at. I feel like I'm battling it out on Quickplay all by myself. Where are my pals?

Samus: 3,201,176
Dark Samus: 3,189,092

etano

Smash Cadet
I definitely don't play Samus as much as I have in past games. But at the moment for Samus I currently have 435,600. I have played a lot of games with Samus and lost most of them. For Dark Samus I have 1,402,777. Also keep in mind I don't really care for GSP.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I definitely don't play Samus as much as I have in past games. But at the moment for Samus I currently have 435,600. I have played a lot of games with Samus and lost most of them. For Dark Samus I have 1,402,777. Also keep in mind I don't really care for GSP.
You don't have to care for GSP. I was just curious what others have. :ultsamus:

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Haven't checked since last week or so, so these might be higher now.

Samus: 675K
Dark Samus: 2.87M

...Samus is the one I use to seek out good players and then play them over and over until they get sick of winning. I try new tech and experimental approaches on actual good players, then apply the ones that work to my D. Samus game.
I had Elite Smash with D. Samus at one point during the first week, but quickly lost it after playing a string of Chroms and Pichus. :/

Strangely enough, D. Samus is my highest GSP out of everyone in my sig.

kimohno

Smash Rookie
always around 3,000,000 but I get trashed by other Dark Samus at this number :) So I am probably not that good. Currently looking at other characters since she lacks something for me.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I have Dark Samus at around 2,900,000, but i hate it when i lose a single fight and i lose like 300,000 and by winning i only get like 70,000 GSP.

kimohno

Smash Rookie
I think this is only true for when your GSP in general is high and you have not played much with the character. I played probably 100-150 games with her and the loss and win is much more constant now

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I dunno, i also lose a lot with the characters i play the most, but i'll probably end up not caring that much about GSP in the long run, i also hate how with characters i have lower GSP but i get paired against people with much higher GSP, the matchmaking seems messed up.

kimohno

Smash Rookie
Yub same here. Sometimes I just want to explore a new character Online ( I don't like excessiv online training too much) and I mostly go for Team Matches without Items, but most of the time, since the character starts with a high GSP i get thrown into a hardcore 1v1 which I loose ofc. But I stopped caring about it and it is actually fun climbing with a character after a fall.

Lorisaur

Smash Cadet
About 3.2M, Dark Samus looks great in this game and slightly better than her coubterpart

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
Samus: 675K
Dark Samus: 2.87M

...Samus is the one I use to seek out good players and then play them over and over until they get sick of winning. I try new tech and experimental approaches on actual good players, then apply the ones that work to my D. Samus game.
Samus down to 466K. :lol:

Got paired to a Chrom, Fox, ZSS and Pichu, all above 3M GSP while mine was under 700K for some reason. Since it was Samus, my "low effort" fighter, Lost 'am all. I was more interested in just watching what they were doing to break through my projectile spam, and then learned how good Dtilt and Nair are for stuffing approaches and getting out of disadvantage.
Dark Samus GSP is now over 3M though, but it went up that far on it's own, haven't played online with her in weeks.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Yub same here. Sometimes I just want to explore a new character Online ( I don't like excessiv online training too much) and I mostly go for Team Matches without Items, but most of the time, since the character starts with a high GSP i get thrown into a hardcore 1v1 which I loose ofc. But I stopped caring about it and it is actually fun climbing with a character after a fall.
I guess we're the same person because online i mostly go for 2v2 battles since that's how i have fun the most, but it is so hard to find, like 2 out of the 10 matches i get, of course i also use lobbies but there i have to wait a lot for players to join.

Dante064

Smash Rookie
I'm currently around 2,300,000, give or take. I've been trying to do more 1v1 no item time matches for quickmatches, to get ready for the smash tournament next month.

Does anyone else have a terrible time with Jigglypuff fighters? I don't remember having this much difficulty in Smash 4 or Brawl (maybe melee, but that was quite a while ago).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm currently around 2,300,000, give or take. I've been trying to do more 1v1 no item time matches for quickmatches, to get ready for the smash tournament next month.

Does anyone else have a terrible time with Jigglypuff fighters? I don't remember having this much difficulty in Smash 4 or Brawl (maybe melee, but that was quite a while ago).
Jigglypuff is still unpleasant, but unlike SSB4, she cannot constantly air-dodge and approach. Using z-air, f-air, and u-air might be your best options. Keep Charge Shot active, too.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
DSamus is 3,450,000 for me. I keep going up to 3.5M and HAVE A HAZARD FIGHT! lose... or SURPRISE! ITEMS! lose...

literally played her as a joke and i was actually liking her a lot. A LOT more than i thought i would. Bombs are actually valid now.

YSoSalty?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3743-1738-5788
3,669,211...and still not in Elite Smash.

Edit: Finally got into Elite Smash with a GSP of 4,097,679! Now I'm scared to play any more matches. :ohwell:

Last edited:

aozf05

Smash Cadet
Around 3 million for both. 3.1 for regular Samus because I play that version more.

Constantini

Smash Cadet
Trying to use Samus as my secondary. I jump between 3.5 million and 3.7.
My best was 3.8 and change, but young links and swordies are a nightmare. I have no idea what to do against them :/

Also to people who say GSP doesn't matter; maybe its not the be all end all but you probably have a lot of work to do if you can't break 3 mil....

Ultraplaykind

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 3368 9656 0593
Actually 200'000. I try to get more but I always get matched with guys, who are around 2'000'000 GSP :confused:

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
3.8 mil with Samus, 3.7 mil with D. Samus
Go by Will online...as that's my name and I dunno how to change it to my online handle after it's been set up

Crystanium

Smash Hero
3.8 mil with Samus, 3.7 mil with D. Samus
Go by Will online...as that's my name and I dunno how to change it to my online handle after it's been set up
Hey! Long time no see! (This is Dryn.) If you want to change your name for Quickplay, just go to your profile and change your name there. That will be the name that will show up.

Updating my GSP, I'm at 4.095 million right now. I wanted to go for 4.1 million today, but I didn't play very long. I play as Samus and then Dark Samus. If one has more GSP, I play the other so they're about even.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I got somewhere between 3 and 3.5 million a while back, and logged in the other day to find I was at a little over 4 million now. Wondered what the heck happened when I realized that more people have been added to the GSP pool, so I automatically got bumped up. didn't realize that could happen.

Addingnames

Smash Rookie
I know it might be a bit of bragging here, but that's fine. I'm curious to see where a lot of my Samus and Dark Samus buddies are at. Fighting either one online is a rarity for me. I've only encountered one Samus and two Dark Samus'. One went by the tag "Zinc". I don't know why that looked familiar. Anyway, I thought I'd ask to see where everyone is at. I feel like I'm battling it out on Quickplay all by myself. Where are my pals?

Samus: 3,201,176
Dark Samus: 3,189,092
My Samus and Dark Samus are sitting @ 5 Millions.
Poured my heart into them.
SW-0652-6090-4440 Kojinesman

Michael48

Smash Rookie
Dark Samus is 5.338 mil. today.

Since GSP always changes, a good check of your rank is to use elitegsp.com and check your percentage. Today my GSP is higher than 98.76% of the population. I was above 99% before EVO but took half a month off.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
My Samus and Dark Samus are sitting @ 5 Millions.
Poured my heart into them.
SW-0652-6090-4440 Kojinesman
Mine are currently at 5.3 million. My Samus is at 5.352 million GSP. I'm trying to get my Dark Samus up there again, but the way I'm playing today, she's going to drop at this rate. I lost like 3k to 4k GSP.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
5.327 :ultsamus: / 5.326 :ultdarksamus:

Both slightly under my highest (:ultridley: with 5.335), granted I've spent more time messing around/practicing in Online Tourney/Nintendo's online open lately.

SirSlayer

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6338-4272
Switch FC
5886-4521-4308
As of right now, Samus is at 4.739. I havent touched Dark Samus yet so she's at 5.287

Jinti

Smash Rookie
My Samus is currently at 6.475m all time high was 6.525m and just want to get into elite allready

Spupa

Smash Rookie
In Elite with a 6.8mil on Dark Samus, haven't really touched Samus.

XxBlazingSpeedxX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XBlazingSpeedX
My Dark Samus and Samus are at 7 Million. Quarantine finally let me play enough to be decent at the game again

Top Bottom