• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats Your Personal Bad Matchup?

kozimoto

Smash Journeyman
Niagara Falls NY. US , Strasbourg, France
Olimar. People say that he should be soooo easy to gimp, but he's probably tougher to actually get off stage than any other character. Those pikmin are like a fortress. ****ing sakurai was on crack when he created olimar's moveset. Congratulations. You've created a character who is near impossible to get close to.

just pick shiek, meta, peach, or Pit those are no doubt his worst MU's

shiek's tilts are good for getting the pikmin off you and if the foward air anything past 70% and its a kill

Meta Knight is pretty much anti projectile and the arial priority just destroys him

Peach has a pretty good approach id consider that 60-40 peaches favor 55-45 at best

pit is a moving forcefield. connect the forward smash at anything past 65% and its a done deal

PowaStar

Smash Apprentice
No matter who I use I always have the toughest time with the Ice Climbers even the ones who only focus on getting a inifnte grab in sometimes I feel compelled to get close and go all aggro.

I'm learning how to play campy and defensive so I can do better against them.

GGrandhustle305

Smash Apprentice
My worst match ups are really those rare good olimars, kirbys, and yoshi. Those are selections you wont see much but those rare good ones idk how to prevent them sometimes. I do win sometimes but i'll have to go with those 3.

oh! and ice climbers and their chain grab <_<

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
For me it's Peach and Yoshi.
Peach I just find impossible to get to for some reason and that free 40%~ she gets off of Dair combo's is really annoying.
For Yoshi it's....I just find all his moves REALLY aggravating.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Peach and snake =/
I am always doing my best to get percents up on snake. But he makes up to it really fast and kills faster then my character.
Don't know Peach is just weird to play against.

lrastart

Smash Rookie
i really have a problem with pit. im trying different things to get around my friends arrow spam and smash if he gets close strategy but i always fail. for all of u who have problem with spammers try focusing on one attack like only getting tipped smashes or only grabbing. my answer to spam is more SPAM! but seriously dont get mad like i do and just look at the opponent and attack

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
Mario because people jump and spam the fire ball to set up a smash or grab, Olimar, Pikachu, and Sonic because too many people spam the spin dash combo move.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
i really have a problem with pit. im trying different things to get around my friends arrow spam and smash if he gets close strategy but i always fail. for all of u who have problem with spammers try focusing on one attack like only getting tipped smashes or only grabbing. my answer to spam is more SPAM! but seriously dont get mad like i do and just look at the opponent and attack
I am that friend. Hehehe, besides maining Marth, I also am trying main Pit, and Ike. Hmm, anyway, my personal bad matchup is probably Ganondorf. Irastart is really good with Ganondorf and against my Ike, I lose (most of the time).

UberMario

Smash Master
Mine are:

Mario vs. Olimar (It always comes down to who can spam projectiles better or who's above the other)
Luigi vs. Snake (Don't know why, just seems harder than normal)
Yoshi vs. Falco (The Falco Phantasm is just scary.)
Kirby vs. Wario (That bike makes Wario inhale-proof)
Captain Falcon vs. Pikachu (Pikachu has an easy time slipping away from most of CF's specials)
Ganondorf vs. Snake (An interesting, fun match, but Ganondorf has to stay right on top of Snake to do anything)

Those are all the characters I use.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I really struggle against Mario with all my characters....and to a lesser degree, Luigi...Don't know why

G&W X

Smash Cadet
Super agressive sonics then Stun Zpamus and then MK in general and some wolves because I get a bad stage for Olimar...

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Marth scares me, he's like all Fair Fair Fair and I throw my banana / use my projectile and he picks it up and throws it back/dodges it and attacks me.
And I get one of those every 4 matches =/
And all the ones I run into are good =/

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
I hate facing Olimar so so so so so SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. And another matchup that gives me trouble is Marth, but only pro Marth's, nooby Marth's are easy. Toon Link is my main. Those 2 give me trouble.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Falco, Olimar, Peach, Jiggs (with certain characters like Mario, her air game destroys me) Pit (especially those who spam smashes), and surprisingly, Ike. I hate his jab combo and when I air dodge too soon or even forget to. Thus, I get hit by his riducously lengthy smashes. :/
Main is Mario/Snake.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
r u crazy that matchup is heavily favored in snakes favor honestly its like 15:85 snake if he tilts gets you off of him out comes the prox mines and the grenades. campers and ganon dont mix:urg:
I think he's the Ganon having problems with Snake, by the way he worded it.

Anyway, I'm probably the crazy one.. Never met any other MK who has serious problems vs. Ike.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
My main bad match-up is mostly Marth. The dancing blade is very annoying to me.

Another would be Snake, because of his long and powerful hit boxes.

SZ2K

Smash Rookie
I just CAN'T play against metaknights, when I go to tourneys my Marth usually just glides through until an MK comes along. I don't really have any secondaries, and I just can't get to a MK! If I do manage to keep up I feel like I'm putting 3x as much effort just to keep it even until they find one moment to throw in something to get me off the edge and I'm WOPd or easygimped. I can't play my usually aggression game, and a defensive game just gets pummeled, I have to play like a freak to have a chance at this **** matchup.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
As an IC main i find my toughest match up to be anyone whos plays a campy wolf, i find him very difficult to approach and hes f-smash is a pain in the *** cause its near impossible to shield grab, or dash shield grab towards....very difficult character to approach for me, other then that i dont got to much of a problem with any other characters... metaknights are annoyying, but when i get a grab its a stock, and i always find a way to approach them.

ChAlz

Smash Cadet
I hate ditto matches, especially when my opponent uses a similar strategy that I use...
Overall, my least favorite is Snake.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I'm not that great with dittos, and I screw up bad against G&W (he moves so wierd; he always catches me offguard). Other than that, though, I usually do pretty good.

Top Bottom