• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament What's your opinion on spammy Braixens?

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'll spam in Ranked/in tournament, as I'm playing to win, but in friendlies I try to avoid spamming. What's your opinion?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
in most matchups it's a suboptimal way to play the character, at least in duel phase, and in a few matchups it's actually very unsafe (gengar, suicune, gardevoir, chandelure; pokes who can hover above your projectiles and fire huge projectiles of their own). in field phase we don't really have any other option but to throw tons of projectiles because the majority of our moves in field phase are projectiles. in duel phase you can get big damage combos off the right hits but these require you to mix up your projectile usage with your melee attack usage, or bait and punish.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've been doing well playing defense, but just throwing out projectiles without thought gets you killed in a lot of MUs. There's a projectile for every situation. Most people I've played tend to spam their own anti projectile move whenever they'd get the chance, and they've all got weak points from what I've seen. There's a ton of ways to stop Pikachu's Thunder, lol.

Colourless Light

Delusions of Merit
I mostly spam with Braixen on noobs or if I am in a tight bind.
Otherwise I play strategically all the way!

Sometimes a win is a win, no matter how cheap it is... lol

Top Bottom