• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your Ness playstyle?

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
Even though I don't have consistent winning records in PM, I'm fairly confident in my Ness. The way I play is similar to what PC Chris described as hot cold. I'll go in, poke at them a bit with a simple approach, then usually WD away and shield, bait them with something then go at them full force.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
I prefer to wavemagnet (like you psuedo-waveshine) and when the opponent tries to go on the offensive, you prevent them by dash attack bair bair

DHD

Smash Cadet
Look at AKI and translate that to being bad. That's about where I am.

The most differentiating part would be that I use b-rev wave bounce pk fire a lot more and I'd rather have fun killing someone than back throw them at the right percent :)

Oh, and lots of plat-drop b-airs to punish. My BF thinks I'm a god at reaction, but it doesn't feel like it's that difficult :p
Anyone else do that?

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I like waiting for my opponent to miss a shield then punish with a PK Fire, then if they roll way or some dingus crap like that just, Grab, Down-Throw, DJC Back-Air. Then once off-stage go for a DJC Spike, then Up-taunt. Shake hands, taunt in real life, then get first place.

at least in my dreams...

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
I try to use Ness' good movement options to throw off my opponents and mess with their timing/rhythm. I like to imitate the "stutter step" style that Mango/Lucky/SFAT employ with Melee Fox, trying to fake my opponent into committing to an option and then punishing.

DHD

Smash Cadet
Platforms are a friend of mine. My ground game isn't that great yet, so I'm working on a different Ness from most others' with instant platform lands and wavebounces instead of low djc aerials but I'm still learning what works and not :)

Cp022

Smash Rookie
I'm that odd Ness, one moment camping SideB other moment just rushing you down. I seek out that hole in their defence and abuse it ;)

MeBoy

Smash Rookie
My playstyle is heavily dependent on my mood/mental state, which fluctuates a lot

However my favorite playstyle is pkt2 heavy. Having a list of pkt2 setups is a lot like keeping a variety of cards up your sleeves; some setups are very situational but almost guaranteed, while other setups i call "good for one stock".

On a good day my mix-ups are more read based than random, which is something I've been working on as of late. Pkt is rly hard to be consistent with but soooo rewarding...

Top Bottom