• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's Your Go-To Practice Stage?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I use the same stomping grounds I have since 2002;
Temple.

It's just a relaxing place for me, and there are a few portions I can practice seriously on if I don't focus on the entire stage at once.

And since Peach's Castle 64, my go-to training stage back then, is back, I've been using that from time to time, too.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Omega Battlefield, Smashville and Omega Great Cave Offensive. They're easy go-to stages, and I've been practicing on Smashville since Brawl. Not to mention all three are gorgeous too.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Omega Battlefield, Smashville and Omega Great Cave Offensive. They're easy go-to stages, and I've been practicing on Smashville since Brawl. Not to mention all three are gorgeous too.
My favorite of those three, though, is Great Cave Offensive. It's beautiful and the dense colors feel magical. Plus the music is awesome and atmospheric.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I like going to Omega Halberd. I don't know why, but it is just fun.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Recently I've gone to 75m Omega, since the monotone background helps me focus on the fine details of my moves - frame data and all that jazzmatazz~

Big Blue

Smash Rookie
NNID
LiquidBlue
Smashville & Town and City are pretty nice flat stages with pretty relaxing atmospheres and the platforms make it a bit more interesting than FD. With that being said, I really like Omega Suzaku Castle, all the SF2 nostalgia.

Last edited:

ImRonan

Smash Rookie
NNID
CommanderP
T&C, Smashville and FD but all legal stages are nice except lylat tbh

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
3DS: Omega Nintendogs, because Bathtime Theme (Vocal Mix), the walls in its Omega form allowing for wall-jumps, and the brightly homely atmosphere, complete with the mo~edorable dog in the background, allowing for Dogception to occur when :4duckhunt:, :4lucario:, or :4fox:, or even :4miigun: in the K.K. Slider outfit are up for testing various ideas in the Combo Labs.

Wii U: Miiverse any form, because if I'm going to be testing various ideas for a while, I'm going to want those hilariously awesome Miiverse posts out there in the background to accompany me during my investigations. XD Plus traveling under the stage is easier to do here than in many other stages.

Both: Dream Land 64, because it's a mixture of Battlefield/Miiverse's platform arrangement with the low ceilings of T&C, Delfino, and Halberd.

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Depends on what I am practicing that day. If I want to warmup, I will usually start with omega Punch Out!! since the music there gets me in a mood to train. Then I'll move to battlefield for some practice on fundamentals before going to where ever I'll be that day. I try not to focus too much on one stage because I will never fully know where my opponent will take our fight, so Stage MU experience is something I work on.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
I tend to go to omega coliseum as a huge Fire Emblem fan. Music there is my favorite in the game, and the visual design of the stage's background is fantastic.

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
Wii Fit Studio, of course. I just love Wii Fit Trainer giving me pointers on how to play Smash correctly. I also attempt to do the Yoga poses in the background irl, but fail because I fall over way too much.

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
For training mode, random omega unless I am training something that involves platforms.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I either hit Random Omega, or just random out of my list of stages that I use when hosting an event. Mostly the common "legals" plus a handful of others that the stage liberal in me forces my friends to cope with.

For training mode specifically, just a random omega. But I only use that to test damage and note properties of otherwise underused customs.

BV-Swifty

Smash Rookie
NNID
BVSWIFTY
My go-to practice stages are Omega Gaur Plain, FD, and Omega Suzaku Castle. Please don't judge that I only practice on Omega Stages.

Top Bottom