• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite SSB Mode ( This includes all the games. )

TreeChopperVillager

The Rubber Man Himself...
Switch FC
SW 1611 0712 3143
Mine is Subspace. Leave it in the Comments.

Edit: Subspace was super fun for me back then by the way. Going through it with my bro was fun to do. He was chill and wouldn't be the kid who would get mad at everything. Overall, not just Subspace but Brawl itself generated a lot of memories.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Smash Run looked cool, wish I'd gotten to play it. My favorite modes outside of 1v1ing a human being were all in Melee, though. Adventure Mode was neat, even if it petered out towards the end, and each character having their own Break the Targets stage was great.

My ideal singleplayer for Smash would be something between Melee's Adventure and Subspace. Mostly just the cutscenes of Subspace, some sort of general story to tie it all together (preferably better than Subspace's), but with the level design of Melee's early Adventure stages. The levels in Subspace were long, repetitive, and not at all designed with platforming in mind, a problem badly exacerbated by Brawl's slow movement speed.

TreeChopperVillager

Switch FC
SW 1611 0712 3143
Smash Run looked cool, wish I'd gotten to play it. My favorite modes outside of 1v1ing a human being were all in Melee, though. Adventure Mode was neat, even if it petered out towards the end, and each character having their own Break the Targets stage was great.

My ideal singleplayer for Smash would be something between Melee's Adventure and Subspace. Mostly just the cutscenes of Subspace, some sort of general story to tie it all together (preferably better than Subspace's), but with the level design of Melee's early Adventure stages. The levels in Subspace were long, repetitive, and not at all designed with platforming in mind, a problem badly exacerbated by Brawl's slow movement speed.
While i see where your coming from at the end, Which I agree it got repetitive, it was still fun for the average kid back then. Also, kids wouldn't of realized how repetitive it was. But it was worth it for the cutscenes. As for Smash Run... I never tried it either. Sounds fun though.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Break the Targets (pre-smash 4), Board the Platforms, and Melee's Adventure Mode.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Subspace for sure. Having every character interact in one huge overarching story mode was way too amazing.

Melee’s break the targets was solid, too, and surprisingly challenging. I also always enjoy classic mode, with Ultimate’s classic mode being my favorite.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Smash Run was a lot of fun and I wish it could have come back in Ultimate, with more maps and features
I get that it'd require a lot of resources though, so its chances were never great

TreeChopperVillager

Switch FC
SW 1611 0712 3143
Smash Run was a lot of fun and I wish it could have come back in Ultimate, with more maps and features
I get that it'd require a lot of resources though, so its chances were never great
As i said when i replied to someone else I never tried Smash Run but it sounds fun.

Subspace for sure. Having every character interact in one huge overarching story mode was way too amazing.

Melee’s break the targets was solid, too, and surprisingly challenging. I also always enjoy classic mode, with Ultimate’s classic mode being my favorite.
I agree a lot, just the Gameplay itself wasn't as good. The Gameplay is like homework and the Cutscenes are pretty much the stuff you wanted to do / see.

Break the Targets (pre-smash 4), Board the Platforms, and Melee's Adventure Mode.
Melee's Adventure Mode was good but wasn't as appealing to me as Subspace. Same with Break the targets it went from fun ( melee ) to boring ( brawl )

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Melee's Adventure Mode was good but wasn't as appealing to me as Subspace. Same with Break the targets it went from fun ( melee ) to boring ( brawl )
Subspace got really boring near the end. The Great Maze was depressing to play through and I wish it didn't exist. Rest of it was fire though.

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
Break the Targets (pre-brawl) Subspace (**** that maze though), Event Mode, Spirits, and Classic Mode (outside of 4's trash).

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Man, I forgot about Event Mode. Mind you, spirit matches in Ultimate are basically just heavily expanded-upon event battles.

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
Smash Run- That mode was everything I wanted in a Smash beat’em up environment. It was the city trial of Smash Bros. I just wish there was a mode where you could just do the beat’em up section without doing the event at the end.

Smashdown- Going through all the characters, whether it would be going all random or picking our favorites first, this has always been the most intense mode in any Smash game. I always pick the Ultimate menu theme when doing this mode to make it more intense.

Other modes that I like: Squad Strike, Subspace, Melee’s adventure mode, tourney mode, and spirit board(better version of master orders).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Subspace, World of light, Break the targets, Melee's adventure mode, Event mode, Squad strike,

Sachelle

Smash Rookie
Break the targets in Melee.

I just remember spending a whole summer unlocking characters and I spent awhile on the Event Mode in general, but Break the targets was a lot of fun even if it took me ages to complete.

Also I love the music.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Smash Brawl's Coin Launcher mode was top tier mode.

I could play that all day if I had the coins.

Last edited:
Top Bottom