• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Roy costume palette?

godogod

Smash Ace
I'm surprised this hasn't been a topic yet. It might sound silly, but Roy IMO(hell all FE characters) have really really good costume pallette colors.

His normal default palette looks ok, but too plain for me for some reason(also its the most common). I'm a big fan of the color red, but the red costume is a bit much. Whenever I play Roy though, I play with the yellow costume. It really looks great on him!

That being said, all the costume colors look great, just looking at the palette screenshot. I'm quite happy he still has his color. I really can't find any fault with them.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I think this topic has been done before, actually. For the heck of it though, I'll tell you which one's my favorite:

I like both the dark red one and the blue one. I always use the blue one, however, because the blue alt is referencing Eliwood, who is my favorite FE character. If it weren't for the blue alt, I'd use the dark red alt (the one with the black and purple robes/ red cape). That alt looks really good on him, and I rarely see people use it. o_o

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Default. But they all look cool.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I change palettes fairly regularly lol. Right now I'm playing edgy Roy (dark purple), before that I was power Roy (red), before that vanilla (default), and before that the black/red Roy, and before that...

lol

I'm just lucky he has so many good choices to pick from. It'd be a shame not to use them.

Schnizzle Fits

Smash Cadet
Golden Boy since Melee. People at my locals don't pick gold even when I'm not playing Melee if one of them decides to screw around with Roy.

I'm just lucky he has so many good choices to pick from. It'd be a shame not to use them.
Well, thats a run off from Melee, he was top tier in terms of alt colors. Even his new colors are good, love his light blue alt.

DJ Backwards

Smash Rookie
I tend to use Lilac Roy(light purple). Mostly because that my hometown is known for Lilacs we actually have a local spring festival themed around them.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't have one, Roy is just too goddamn fabulous. If I had to choose one, it'd be Eliwood.

Jamble

Smash Apprentice
I tend to use either the black, dark purple, or Default Roy. I actually alternate between the three a lot.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
All the colors are plain good on him, help me~

As of late though I've rallied down on using turquoise Eliwood-palette, but sometimes settle on Green, Red and Golden Roy. Default looks really good too.

Honestly though, this boy looks good on everything.

Curleh_Mustache

Smash Cadet
I personally think all of Roy's colors are amazing. My favorites are the red roy for melee and the purple. Red Roy for life

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Eliwood all the way, love how his red headband looks against the hair

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I tend to go with green, but I also like red and dark purple :)

Last edited:

Elray

Smash Rookie
I personally use the black costume, but I've taken a liking to the dark purple costume lately.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've used Green Roy since Melee. No idea why but it's how I always see him in my brain. At this point, default costume is just wrong

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Default most of the time because blue is my favorite color, but I use the black alt often as well.

Jiac

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jiac2001
I play Gold Roy, though I've had debates changing to Lavender Roy/Pastel Roy.

Both are pretty cool anyways.

Top Bottom