• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Roy color to use?

What color do you use?

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Red

Votes: 58 17.4%
  • Blue (Classic)

Votes: 48 14.4%
  • Green

Votes: 47 14.1%
  • Gold

Votes: 64 19.2%
  • Black

Votes: 97 29.1%

• Total voters

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Red Roy and I have a long, nostalgic history. I got melee in 2003 and I "mained" Roy back when I was a lot younger, less skilled and had no clue about the competitive scene. I'm pretty sure I only used Roy when I was young because I though that Flare Blade was totally badass (it is, but that's not the point). But I used Red Roy back then, and I use Red Roy today, in PM.

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I almost always use the default. I never really got why most competitive players avoid the default skins...

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
I've forgotten, but i think there's a guy in my scene who uses Gold Roy?

I usually go Blue or Gold.

In melee, Roy's colours were totally bright, so it didn't even matter back then, they were ALL GOOD!

Troykv

Smash Master
Why is it that Melee's roy is different from the source material roy?
Melee Roy has a Purple Cape, Final Design Roy has a Blue Cape. Also differences in hair color.

Last edited:

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Melee Roy has a Purple Cape, Final Design Roy has a Blue Cape. Also differences in hair color.

I know HOW they are different, but i was wondering WHY melee's roy has a purple cape and is the default colour, where the actual Roy is all Blue

Do you know why? Is purple cape like a different class for him or something

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh, well, I had not noticed until this moment xDDD

And I could not answer that.

Although I keep wondering if it will have something to do with that Roy is based on a preliminary design.

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
Oh, well, I had not noticed until this moment xDDD

And I could not answer that.

Although I keep wondering if it will have something to do with that Roy is based on a preliminary design.
Yeah- seeing as Roy was in smash before his own true game XD

Only thing i can think of is that it may have been chosen as a design point to differentiate himself from marth- two full on blue guys with swords with only dif appearance wise is hair would be terrible

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
is it possible to change my answer? I'm trying to have a different colour to the roys in my area.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I used to go green because sethlon, then went gold because of nostalgia of using gold as a kid in melee but now I use the Awakening color as it is the nicest.

GunBuster

Jaded Outcast
i find the pallet on the Awakening Alt placeholder to be very aesthetically pleasing.

Last edited:

True Fool

Smash Ace
Black, I'm a sucker for new colors and costumes. I love all of his team colors, but if I had to choose just one for teams, I'd go with red.

Top Bottom