• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite Megaman series

What's your favorite Megaman series?

• Classic Megaman

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Megaman X

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Megaman Battle Network

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Megaman Starforce

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Megaman Legends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Megaman ZX

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Hello Smash Fans.

What's your favorite Megaman series and explain why this series are cool/better?
There are 6 series (sorry Zero).

I want to read your thoughts.

LittleMissEevee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FoxieKyu
3DS FC
3711-8557-9264
Switch FC
SW-5003-6584-4623
Battle network probably, I love the others but I tend to perfer more rpg style games to platformers and itnalso helps that I started with this series as my first megaman one, my fave thing about it though is the fact that it has a spice of life type feel to it, it feels like I'm going through the character's daily life and thats a fun little thing to have (especially if you're life is tough it makes for a good distraction)

KillerqueenxTusk

Smash Rookie
Classic series. I mean... I like Battle Network, but not all of it. I think the game got rather silly after the first few... and then you start getting into doing the fusion dance with other characters, and it just seems to take away from the main game, instead of add to it. Reminds me of the clothes from Kingdom Hearts 2... having a super form defeats the purpose imo of having regular gameplay that is so well refined. If you want to do a game where you just change into different forms, just do that and leave me with my vanilla RPGs

CopShowGuy

Smash Ace
NNID
CopShowGuy
3DS FC
0430-8285-4172
I gotta give it to the classic series. It's what I grew up with and it hits me right in the nostalgia. I played up to X3 but I don't think I ever beat 2 or 3. I only played Network Transmission for the GameCube from the Battle Network series but that was more of a classic/BN mashup. I played Legends 1 and it bored me to pieces.

GrandTale

Smash Rookie
Classic. Favorite game of all time is Mega Man 8. I have a perler of every robot master on the walls in my room (7, 8, Bass, Time Man, and Oil man are 8-bit, even got Bond Man) along with the Stardroids, Mega Man Killers, The Genesis Unit, and Quint (the Quint in my icon i made myself using the Mega Man sprite but mirrored). Plus nothing is more fun then learning how to beat a boss by learning how the AI works rather then using the weakness, at least to me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd have to go with the Mega Man X series. I like that it adds a lot of cool mechanics while keeping just enough of the Classic stuff that works. Namely dashing and wall jumping. The armor system in each game is usually pretty great. Having multiple characters or giving Mega Man multiple drastic playstyles helps making revisits fun. And I feel that Mega Man X8 is where the series should keep heading in terms of mechanics and character playstyles. Double attacks, mixing and matching armors. Each character having their own strength and weaknesses. All good ****. Though other Mega Man and MMX games had more solid level design. That said, it was a tough call since I like the classic Mega Man games nearly as much. Like a 5% difference at most.

I will say that Classic Mega Man is probably one of the most consistently good series in any game franchise. The main 10 titles are all fun in their own way. With 2,3 and I would say 6 and 7 really sticking out as the best of the best. While MMX had higher highs(X1 - X4) and lower lows(X5 - X7). A shame they stopped when they were getting their groove back.

Battle Network is cool in my book too. I'd really like to get more into that series one day. Though I'm kind of hoping for a collection like the Mega Man ,MMX and Zero games got.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Mega Man X, definitely. I got into mega Man really late (like 3 years ago) and while mega man 2, 3, and 4 were all enjoyable, they didn't hold a candle to mega man X.
So much more freedom, badass music that I'll never forget, a lot of room for creativity with all of the special weapons, excellent level design...loved it all.

YELLO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyuuketsukou
3DS FC
2509-3654-5979
my favorite will always be the X series. Megaman X is just too badass

Anubace

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1091-9942-5575
Switch FC
SW-6515-9983-1691
Battle Network, ez. The gameplay is so unique, I've never seen any other game similar to Battle Network. I also liked how heartwarming the games got, while also depressing at times. There's a lot of feeling to the games while there's tons of amazing competitive, original gameplay.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah I do respect Battle Network for being one of the most unique RPGs I can even think of. Other games don't even try to copy it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Classic. (grew up on it)
But I also like X a lot.

Then shame on my for not having put much time in some of the other ones.

Top Bottom