• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's with Luigi's tornado priority?

Naov

Smash Cadet
Is there a list of priority of each move?

This move is insane, I was battling against a Luigi and all of he did was Down-B and it had priority against most of my moves. And as it "swallows" similar to Ganondorf's up tilt he can do it from a pretty safe distance.

Last edited:

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
There’s invincibility on the move during the spin-not transcendent priority or anything that I know of. There’s also a wind box into it if that’s what you mean.

Luigi can hardly move during the move. Meaning that if he uses it and he doesn’t suck you in at all it’s super easy to punish. Try to bait it out mid distance.

Ethan Weegee

Smash Cadet
I find Luigi's down-special to be very tricky. The best scenario to punish it that I've found is if you're above Luigi when he does the move. A down-air from pretty much any character in the game should hit, because he's vulnerable at the top during his down-special. You can punish Luigi from below him, too, although that seems less reliable than from above. Grab can work for characters like :ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultsamus: with longer grabs, but I doubt they'd hit if you used them in the air. Attacking from the side almost never works until Luigi comes to a stop, and from that point he recovers fairly quickly, so Luigi can shield slower moves you try punishing with.

domcarminefilix

Smash Rookie
As a Luigi main I can say that his D-Special is a little ridiculous at times. Being able to block certain moves that shouldn't be blockable is a little powerful. In Ultimate Luigi cannot get very good movement out of it though so he is pretty much stuck in a certain area, and it can be easily punished if he misses or if you are above him. As Ethan Weegee said above characters with tether grabs are good for stopping Luigi when beside him.

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
There’s invincibility on the move during the spin-not transcendent priority or anything that I know of. There’s also a wind box into it if that’s what you mean.

Luigi can hardly move during the move. Meaning that if he uses it and he doesn’t suck you in at all it’s super easy to punish. Try to bait it out mid distance.
Wait the ENTIRE TIME he's spinning he's invincible!?

domcarminefilix

Smash Rookie
I would not call it "invincibility", He is just a giant hitbox that can suck you in. But he can a lot of moves with it. But no he is not invincible he is very much hittable

Last edited:

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
at the very very beginning he’s invincible for like 4-7 frames(dependent on if he’s in the air or ground he gets more in the air apparently).If you play a sword or have a good anti air you can get around it pretty easily.

What I like to do is dthrow>down b at high percents since if the opponent tries to nair through it won’t work thanks to the slight invincibility

domcarminefilix

Smash Rookie
at the very very beginning he’s invincible for like 4-7 frames(dependent on if he’s in the air or ground he gets more in the air apparently).If you play a sword or have a good anti air you can get around it pretty easily.

What I like to do is dthrow>down b at high percents since if the opponent tries to nair through it won’t work thanks to the slight invincibility
Didn't know he got invincibility, interesting.

muscrester

Smash Rookie
I really struggle with getting past this move. And the fact it can KO now? Ridiculous! If these spin type moves have such priority that they cancel and eat through every other attack, they should not be allowed to KO! But yeah, are there any moves, ways to beat it? I even find coming in from above, it still sometimes wins out.

Top Bottom