• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's with all the ROB haters?

Moo2

Smash Cadet
hm... i wonder why... maybe because he is broken?

seriouisly, we might have to ban him from tourneys

Zodiac

Smash Master
WHY?! Because hes EFFING ROB! You could have put in Crystal/Dark Samus/Gandraya/Cloud/Sora/TailsBlack knight/Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow/Dixy Kong/Lyn/Vanessa Schneider/Hector/Shadow/skull kid! BUT NO! You chose to take your time to make an EFFING nintendo ancient artifact that no one but the geekiest (Me included) of the geekiest nintendo fans would know about! R.O.B. ? Might as well make a character called W.T.F.! And it could be a big blob that has balanced attacks and sakurai would say "He is a uniqe character and I wanted something easy for people who arnt good at smash bros. to pick up" GAAAAAH! R.O.B. you have smash so many dreams and hopes by taking the place of characters so much more deserving of that spot than you!

Why why oh why must we be subject to a abstract and obsolete character such as R.O.B., he's never even been in a game! He spun disc's for crying out loud, he didnt have a practical purpous except to be there and wow everyone and now he's taken up a roster space in the long awaited sequal to melee?!

.....Ja Ne.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
WHY?! Because hes EFFING ROB! You could have put in Crystal/Dark Samus/Gandraya/Cloud/Sora/TailsBlack knight/Samurai Goroh/Black Shadow/Dixy Kong/Lyn/Vanessa Schneider/Hector/Shadow/skull kid! BUT NO! You chose to take your time to make an EFFING nintendo ancient artifact that no one but the geekiest (Me included) of the geekiest nintendo fans would know about! R.O.B. ? Might as well make a character called W.T.F.! And it could be a big blob that has balanced attacks and sakurai would say "He is a uniqe character and I wanted something easy for people who arnt good at smash bros. to pick up" GAAAAAH! R.O.B. you have smash so many dreams and hopes by taking the place of characters so much more deserving of that spot than you!

Why why oh why must we be subject to a abstract and obsolete character such as R.O.B., he's never even been in a game! He spun disc's for crying out loud, he didnt have a practical purpous except to be there and wow everyone and now he's taken up a roster space in the long awaited sequal to melee?!

.....Ja Ne.
...i agree, ROB sux and IMO he's a waste of a char spot.

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Wow, you guys are really ungrateful to something Nintendo is basically built on. R.O.B. sold Nintendo Systems and is the only reason Nintendo is even around anymore , and has an awesome moveset to boot. I'm glad they have another unique character in brawl, and I am perfectly happy with the roster (maybe Toon Link exception...) As it's full of great characters.

Go cry about your [insert wanted character(s) here] not getting in, R.O.B. didn't steal a spot, he's crucial to SSE, if you haven't seen spoilers well...I guess you'll befriend little R.O.B. in March :p

That's all.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People who think R.O.B. suck obviously have no taste and their opinions shouldn't be considered anyway

Parassita

Smash Apprentice
He is sort of a broken character in my own opinion. Don't flame the haters, they're entitled to what they believe. I would have personally preferred a different playable character and left ROB as an NPC, but Sakurai knows best, so he must have had good intentions for putting ROB in.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Waist of a character, though I will play him because he's unique but, I would have rather had many other characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow, you guys are really ungrateful to something Nintendo is basically built on. R.O.B. sold Nintendo Systems and is the only reason Nintendo is even around anymore , and has an awesome moveset to boot. I'm glad they have another unique character in brawl, and I am perfectly happy with the roster (maybe Toon Link exception...) As it's full of great characters.

Go cry about your [insert wanted character(s) here] not getting in, R.O.B. didn't steal a spot, he's crucial to SSE, if you haven't seen spoilers well...I guess you'll befriend little R.O.B. in March :p

That's all.
*slams person's face in the wall and then lifts in the air by the neck*

Super Mario Bros was what made the NES fly off the selves, not ROB. Do you want me post a comparison between the sales of SMB and the combined sales of Gyromite and Stack Up?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

.....Ja Ne.
WRONG. He was playable in Mario Kart DS. also, hes extremely important to Nintendo's history. Moreso than you might realize. Without him, we wouldnt be waiting for Smash today. Without him, there'd be no american Snes --> all the rest.

IMO, without ROB, there'd be no Mario, so ROB deserves to be in even more than Mario, and certainly more than any of those you mentioned.

@Fatmanonice - ROB came before SMB. Without ROB, people never would have figured how awesome video games could be, and SMB would NOT have sold as well.

ROB revived video games in the west. Give him some credit.

TheKruskinator

Smash Apprentice
*slams person's face in the wall and then lifts in the air by the neck*

Super Mario Bros was what made the NES fly off the selves, not ROB. Do you want me post a comparison between the sales of SMB and the combined sales of Gyromite and Stack Up?
Even SMB didn't gain a whole lot of popularity until parents started buying the new "robot" for their kids that happened to come with an NES.

Top Bottom