• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the worst thing you've seen the CPU do?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
As much as I love Ultimate, I can't stress how utterly TERRIBLE the CPU is. The worst things I've seen it do are:

-Wait until they're near the bottom offscreen to recover
-Only use Bayonetta's recovery once and then never use her side special afterwards
-Dodge a Motion Sensor Bomb without fail
-Jump around away from me when I get a Smash Ball and dodge it if they can

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
When I fought the Merric spirit battle, the enemy Robin just up-B'd off the stage and died.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff doing the rollout to her death.

Villager going off the edge with balloon trip from the middle of the stage, Rool also does this with his up b sometimes.

Wolf not using his side b to recover horizontally.

Last edited:

Robbie_Haruna

Smash Rookie
The level 9 cpu is miles more competent than they've ever been. But they still derp out on occasion.

Bayonetta AI is especially bad, failing to recover properly constantly.

I mostly play with Amiibo, but I know certain characters would fall too low to recover despite being able to reach ledge easily during training in early levels. Or they'd try to recover under Kongo Falls to grab the rock instead of the raft (even if they died.)

Superxav12

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2938-9971-2240
The level 9 cpus are annoying imo. They shield, tech and dodge almost everything. In short, they play nothing like a normal human would which I think is't great for practice.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Hmm? The level 9 CPU in this game is actually pretty competent for the most part to the point where it can be considered cheap. The worst thing that they do to me which I hate every time is that when we both jump to get an item, the CPU ALWAYS footstool jumps on my head. I can't do that on a consistent basis yet the CPU gets it every time.

FTXSR

Smash Rookie
ness + lucas have perfect pk thunder recovery. no matter how far down the stage they are.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Literally suicide by walking off the edge on Delfino Plaza.
Edit: This just happened again.
I was playing as Hero vs. Ken on Delfino Plaza, and on Ken's last stock, I used Bounce as Hero, and Ken literally runs straight off the walkoff. He wasn't even close to it!
I saved the video, and I may post it here.

Last edited:

channel_KYX

Smash Apprentice
My most common fail is them using upb from on stage and then suiciding with it.

SecretAsianMan

Smash Apprentice
Ive seen CPUs get stuck under ps2 platforms endlessly frame perfect dashdancing over and over again for some bizzare reason

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
The left temporary platform on hazards-on Frigate Orpheon seems to cause some CPUs to not even attempt to recover, if they're standing on it and it begins moving. I've seen it a couple times with a level 9 Corrin CPU, they just continually foxtrot forward toward the ledge of the platform and never attempt to jump/fall off as it takes them to the blastzone.

Oddball

Smash Lord
The worst thing I've ever seen the computer do is beat me.

Stupid cheating little so-and-so.

Top Bottom